Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Imminent Danger

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Yet again, the trial science behind this is irrelevant with respect to obtaining the verdict Bull's team wanted as it was more like Matlock getting the evidence to get his client freed. That guy was never going to stop stalking her. That neighbor/girlfriend should be thankful to Erin as she may have been his next target. 

The trial science was only important in that Marissa proved she knew quite a bit more than Bull gave her credit for. I also agreed with her conclusion that a juror that was reluctant to accept help carrying groceries from a young man (What's his motivation? Is it more than just courtesy?) may be more empathetic to Erin than one who waited at a railroad crossing.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DrScottie said:

I also agreed with her conclusion that a juror that was reluctant to accept help carrying groceries from a young man (What's his motivation? Is it more than just courtesy?) may be more empathetic to Erin than one who waited at a railroad crossing.

I wonder if they'll take this further, show that Marissa has more of an insight into women that Bull does, so she becomes more of a partner in the selection part of the business. 

Nah.  What am I thinking?  The egos involved in this show (Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil-son, Michael Weatherly, CBS) won't allow a woman to be as good as or better than Bull!  This was an aberration...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Even though the recording clearly indicated that he threatened her life, I think that there's some law about proportionality of danger/threat to response.  Once the stalker had already been shot twice and had left her apartment, I think there's an issue with her continuing to shoot him.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:33 AM, DrScottie said:

The trial science was only important in that Marissa proved she knew quite a bit more than Bull gave her credit for. I also agreed with her conclusion that a juror that was reluctant to accept help carrying groceries from a young man (What's his motivation? Is it more than just courtesy?) may be more empathetic to Erin than one who waited at a railroad crossing.  

To me it's more like the railroad crossing thing showed more caution than fear. 

And Bull's logic made no sense for not going with Marissa's explanation about juror #9.

On 12/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I was rather amused that the judge rightly took Bull to task (in the courtroom, too!) for his borderline illegal methods of jury research.

What I wondered about was why nothing was said about how the recordings were acquired.  The judge would know that the stalker wouldn't have turned them over himself.

• Love 1

I had to wonder just how risk-averse a ride share driver really is?

Also, couldn't the defendant direct her comments to both jurors to be sure?

Edited by lh25
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, lh25 said:

I had to wonder just how risk-averse a ride share driver really is?

Also, couldn't the defendant direct her comments to both jurors to be sure?

Given that she’s in open court and the 12 jurors are all right next to each other, why would it matter anyway?  As long as she’s looking in their general direction, they would all think she was talking to them 

• Love 2