Type keyword(s) to search

Watchmen: Season Two Watch!

Lord I hope so.

What would be the next frontier be, though?

They could address the fate of Dan Dreiburg, of course, but they'd need something bigger. Certainly if what's happened on Europa gets discovered by various governments (The US but also Russia, China, India) that could precipitate some conflict.

• Love 1

Mirror guy, does he take over the tulsa police or take a job with the fbi? Laurie has her work cut out for her. Someone has to chase down Petey. Bien has inherited a lot of money, property and baggage. The world will learn about the Kavalry and the squid and that Manhattan is dead. Veidt will have the trial of the century. Angela continues to be a wild card. 

Not sure how this becomes must see television, though, since we already know what is under a lot of the rocks.

• Love 2

I feel like these characters had pretty satisfying endings. If there is an additional season, I would like it to be new characters and a compartmental story again. Maybe something focusing on expanding The world of Watchmen outside the US?

• Love 2

Here are some of the strands that I would be interested in seeing picked up if there is a season 2:

1. What happens when/if Looking Glass and Blake follow through on their threat to arrest Veidt? What does that do to the global peace brought by his 1985 plot? To all the people who were hoaxed? How does Veidt defend himself for the murder of  million people?

2. Lady Trieu: You know that she had to have a succession plan, possibly involving a clone of herself. What does her trllion-dollar company have up its sleeve next?

3. The next Dr. Manhattan: even putting aside whether Angela has gotten Dr. M's power, it was mentioned that Russia was starting intrinsic field-related experiments, in what would seem to be an attempt to recreate their own Dr. Manhattan. Do they succeed?

4. The presidential election: Redford is stepping down after numerous terms. The only person we knew who was trying to oppose him was Keene, and he's dead. Who is still in the mix, and what sort of issues are they campaigning on? 

5. The anti-vigilante movement: What happened to Nite Owl, the Revenger, Mr. Shadow and the various other vigilantes Laurie and her predecessors have stopped?

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

4. The presidential election: Redford is stepping down after numerous terms. The only person we knew who was trying to oppose him was Keene, and he's dead. Who is still in the mix, and what sort of issues are they campaigning on? 

The background presidential debate shows would work. 

4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

5. The anti-vigilante movement: What happened to Nite Owl, the Revenger, Mr. Shadow and the various other vigilantes Laurie and her predecessors have stopped?

I'm curious about this, but really - if I could get eight-ten episodes of Looking Glass and Blake 'buddy-copping' it around the country, I'd be okay with it.

• Love 1

Let me first say that I am quite satisfied with this season.  I'd be content if there was no second season.  If, however, there were to be one, I'd like them to explore a couple things.

- A season focused on Laurie Blake, specifically on how she went from super hero to FBI vigilante hunter.

- A season focused on Angela Abar, covering her early (and I'm hoping slow) transition to a Dr. Manhattan being.

- A season focused on Bian, covering the hardship of losing Lady Trieu and perhaps leading to a supervillain origin story.

19 minutes ago, Kip Hackman said:

HBO will want a S2, with or without Damon Lindelof.

But if he's not involved, I'm not really interested.

For me, it depends on who it is. I'm not sure how passionate Bryan Fuller is about the source material, but I'd definitely be interested if it was him or someone of his caliber.

• Love 2
On 12/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

it was mentioned that Russia was starting intrinsic field-related experiments, in what would seem to be an attempt to recreate their own Dr. Manhattan. Do they succeed?

The big problem is that the procedure is almost definitely lethal so you can’t put important people in it but whoever comes out on the other end will have godlike powers and cannot be constrained by ordinary levers one uses to control, say, fighter jet pilots or KGB assassins, so you definitely can’t put condemned criminals in it either.

• Love 1