Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Katarina Rostova (No. 3)

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, THAT'S an entirely new show plot that we've never seen before said no one ever. Let me guess ... the young detective will be a woman who wears high heels with her uniform and has long hair always hanging down while Nathan Fillion some handsome actor guy plays the criminologist. They will never be romantically attracted to each other.

The 'Bone Collector' books were actually really good (highly recommended if you dig standard murder mystery type books), although I hear the movie was lousy. This version of the standard at least tries to put a new spin on all the classic tropes: Lincoln is paralyzed & confined to his bed, so even though the lady cop -- excuse me, skeptical lady cop -- does eventually come to love him after many, many, many books, we sadly never get the old hits: lady cop must glam-up & wear a pretty dress to dance seductively with smart consultant/grizzled old cop; lady cop & smart consultant must go under cover & pretend to be a couple; etc.  If I remember correctly, lady cop is actually a cop (at least at the start of the books) instead of a detective, so she's in uniform with her hair up (I know!) most of the time and actually has to put on a coverall thing and rubber bands on her shoes (to distinguish her footprints), etc. to follow his commands via earpiece when she "walks the grid" of crime scenes.

Of course, I highly doubt the show will attempt to be like the books (he's a mostly unlikable asshole in the books and the murders are nasty-gruesome), presumed lowest common denominator for viewers and all that jazz, so I'm sure she'll be Lizzie-ing it up in no time and he'll find a remarkable cure for paraplegia just in times for sweeps. FEH.

The Bone Collector sounds like a much less stylish and interesting Hannibal. Or like whatever that similar show with Michael Sheen is called, but without Michael Sheen. This will be the level of network programming we can expect now that all of the talented creators are moving to Netflix. When it first started, The Blacklist was somewhat unique and different in its concept, even though it’s effectively a procedural.  Today this show would be better served being on one of the streaming services. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

The Bone Collector sounds like a much less stylish and interesting Hannibal.

I loved Hannibal, until it went pretty much off the rails there at the end.

NBC already has Bone Collector episodes in the can. The woman is played by the actress who was Olivia, married to vampire Lem, in Midnight Texas, another show I liked that got canceled. Sounds like the book is being followed somewhat, with the main guy restricted to bed.

Maybe I'll see some of you guys in that thread.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, saber5055 said:

Do luxury cars have pull-up door locks? Or any cars these days? Red's Mercedes appeared to have them, yet the cheap vehicles I drive haven't had them for years. Make that more than a decade.

My 2018 BMW has ones that look kind of like this.  I don't know if you can actually manually use them or if they are just there so you can see the lock state of the car.  I mean I assume they are real, but I've never touched them.  From the inside my door unlocks if I pull the inside handle twice, it locks automatically when I start driving.  From the outside I have keyless entry so it locks or unlocks depending on how I touch the door handle, or I have a fob with buttons, or I can use my phone.  Mine is a 440, so the low end of the middle of the road, but I think all the models are the same and have been for years.  It has been a while since I've driven a Mercedes, but I think they have a similar lock.car-door-lock-stuck.jpg