Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough

• Start Topic

After deciding that leaving town would be for the best, Hope gets pulled back in after Josie comes up with a risky plan to close the Malivore portal. Elsewhere, Alaric and Dorian make an alarming discovery about Professor Vardemus, while Rafael learns some upsetting news about Landon's future.

Promo:

Original air date: 12/5/19

5 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Dopy golem Landon was pretty funny.  And I always like to see the girls being close.  But otherwise, this episode was ... I don't know.  But I was pretty bored.

I can't disagree with the boredom part. 

Golem Landon was just as great as Crystal Landon. Aria really shines with the comedic bits. I wish real Landon wasn't mopey and more funny and carefree. 

But yeah, the episode...it wasn't bad, just...boring. Landon leaves town with Rafael, which is no surprise (but a nice twist from Hope leaving town). Josie and Hope make up. And....I guess Clarke gets found out by everyone. But that's about it. 

I am glad Lizzie's not happy with Sebastian, but I don't love that she's not happy with MG. Although I get where her anger is coming from (MG did wait to tell her about Sebastian), it still feels misplaced in a way. 

• Love 4

They need to do something different with Rafael or just kill him off because i'm tired of him pining over Hope or playing second fiddle to Landon's lame ass. That and being tortured seems to be the only reason for his existence. 

Sort of a dull episode compared to the last few weeks (which have been excellent) but it still had a lot of stuff that I liked. The drama between Landon/Hope/Josie is actually being handled pretty maturely (give or take some black magic) by everyone, the Sphinx was fun and I am glad that he is apparently still in play and should return, Golem Landon was adorable, girl bonding, the plot seems to be moving at a nice brisk pace, and we got lots of nice Landon and Raf moments, who are my favorite duo, way beyond whoever anyone might be dating or almost dating. 

I do feel for Landon, thinking that him being around just makes more problems for everyone. I mean, its not wrong exactly, but its not his fault that he started dating someone else when he didnt know his girlfriend existed and that his dad and brother are super villains who are always trying to attack him with monsters. 

So not a bad episode or anything, there were a lot of good elements that I want to see still explored, but it was just...kind of dull.

• Love 1

Golem Landon was awesome. He was so cute and earnest and I love how he kept professing his love for Hope, lol. He cracked me up so much. Other than that, the episode was fine. I'm glad Hope will be going back to the Salvatore School. I wonder if Alaric will stay at the public school or go back to the Salvatore School and resume his role as headmaster now that the current one is dead? Lastly, I missed MG in this episode. He always brings the humour. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I wonder if Alaric will stay at the public school or go back to the Salvatore School and resume his role as headmaster now that the current one is dead?

I think it's going to be tough for Alaric to come back since he was voted out. There is going to have to be a major crisis (like bigger than monsters attacking the school on a regular basis) to convince the students to bring him back.

I'm glad we haven't seen the council convene yet this season. I hated the idea of it because of the way it was used. They should have just had a school wide vote where each student got to cast a vote instead of picking on representative for each group.

• Useful 1