Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Welcome, Matt

On 11/28/2019 at 8:54 AM, paulvdb said:

When his daughter arrives home for the holidays, Don Quinn is forced to put up with her boyfriend, Matt. Matt joins forces with the Outlaws.

Netflix told me I would like this, so giving it a try. Trying to get over the laugh track. I honestly thought it was ironic, at first. I guess not. Not quite through the first episode. We’ll see. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Netflix told me I would like this, so giving it a try. Trying to get over the laugh track. I honestly thought it was ironic, at first. I guess not. Not quite through the first episode. We’ll see. 

It takes a lot to get through the first episode and the laugh track going off after every line.

I had this on in the background as I was making pies, and just let it run. Honestly, I didn't hate it at the end. I'm not eagerly awaiting a season two, but it was a pretty harmless sitcom to have on as background noise. Except for a storyline that rears up in episodes 6 and 7 - I'll post my annoyance about that in the appropriate thread.

• Love 3

It's not great, but not completely horrible either. Actually better than several current network sitcoms.  With some tweaking it could have been a lot better. 

That laugh track through, it is horrible! 

On 12/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, jmonique said:

I had this on in the background as I was making pies, and just let it run. Honestly, I didn't hate it at the end. I'm not eagerly awaiting a season two, but it was a pretty harmless sitcom to have on as background noise

That was my feeling exactly. It's like those endless Christmas movies on Hallmark. They are seasonaly appropriate, predictable,  and good to have on in the background while I'm doing other things.  

• Love 4

I don't understand the choice to put the laugh track on this.  It was mot intrusive for me int his episode and I don't hate the show by the end, but seriously not two minutes n and I was seriously scratching my head about the laugh track choice.