Type keyword(s) to search

Sky Rockets in Flight: The Spoiler Topic

Bort
  • Start Topic

Extenuating circumstances dictated the necessity to start a new spoiler topic. 

Please remember that this topic is to discuss spoilers. If the post doesn’t have a spoiler in it, it’s in the wrong place. 

1 minute ago, MollyWebber said:

Just putting it out there in case anyone wants it confirmed-- Jughead is not dead and Betty knows. I wish I could add more but that's barely all I can make out from what little I do know. Lol! They had to find a way to accommodate Cole's schedule and so JugDead it is.  

Yay! That's what I was thinking. And my guess is NO ONE But Betty knows hes alive?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MollyWebber said:

I believe Archie and/or FP will if they don't already. But don't quote me on that! It should be tied up by next episode or the following anyway. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going to miss Bret and Donna. Or rather, I'm going to miss the actors lol.

Hopefully FP but it's probably Archie so they can have Varchie and Beronica drama cause they just have to have that again 🙄🙄

It would make sense (to me) for those flashbacks to be for Archie’s benefit. It’s his “turn” in a sense to feel...whatever it is. What comes of it is up in the air. But I don’t think anything concrete will happen during the last episodes. Maaaaaybe Archie will hide whatever his feels are because he doesn’t want hurt Ronnie or destroy what Jug has, etc, but that’s a huge maybe. The only guarantee is RAS will keep his troll game going forever. I’m good with it bc his troll episodes are keepers. 

30 minutes ago, MollyWebber said:

I don't mind the trolling and wouldn't even mind the temporary pairings. I just don't think Roberto will take it beyond trolling until they do the time jump. And I'm not even sure they will then.

Quite honestly I just want someone brand new for Archie as a love interest. Not from Riverdale and not attached to this crew. He's doing a crossover with Katy Keene so I'm curious how that is played.

Oh, I agree. If it actually happens in a solid way, it’ll be in a time jump. Whatever happens in present time will only be heartbreak for Archie, IMO, if they continue on with it. I do think Season 5 won’t open with the Core 4 all besties, though, but it’s too soon for my spec on that.

AND YES. As you know, I would love a new love interest for Archie. Or Single Archie. Or Archie and Vegas Chronicles. Or Archie and Anyone But Veronica Please.

• Love 1

Does anyone know how many episodes they have left to film this season? I wonder how this will work. Will those remaining episodes be added on to the new season? 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, MollyWebber said:

They haven't completed ep 18 and then have four or five more episodes after that. They're seriously considering ending the season on ep 16 and then starting a new season beginning with the musical. I think ending the season now is a good idea because the ep tied up the mystery and didn't leave a lot of loose ends hanging. At least not anything that cannot be picked up in the new season.

There are so many unknown factors with this virus that I won't be surprised if they just call it now. And starting the new season with something fun like the musical isn't a bad idea.

I hope everyone is doing okay out there!

Thanks! I completely agree it might make sense to stop before the musical. This last episode feels like a finale. 

The next episode is airing April 15. And I’m sure they’ll air what has been completed after that. I don’t know what that means for the rest of the episodes, but a writer did confirm last night that S4 will be completed as it was originally intended to be. The only question is when they’ll be able to film the remaining 2 episodes and when it’ll air. I don’t think they’re gonna air this all when S5 premieres in October or whenever in the fall. 

1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

How many episodes was there supposed to be this season? 21? And they finished 19? So they have three eps that can air in April?

I believe 22. And 19 should be finished filming, although obviously I wouldn’t know if it’s done in post-production. I’d assume yes? The only ones in doubt IMO are 420/21/22.

So, I assume they may just air episodes 17-19 before they call it quits. I assume they wanted to wait until they could see how post production would go with the final episodes of the season before announcing any return dates. Now, it seems like they're probably on track with episodes 18 and 19 so they feel comfortable enough to announce its return.

1 hour ago, MollyWebber said:

putting out a nonsensical musical is a bit risky not knowing what the state of of our nation and world will be at that time

Everything is nonsensical right now compared to the life/death situation worldwide. On the other hand, a lot of us are forced to stay inside our homes (as we should) and we’re trying to keep ourselves busy/entertained. So whether that’s with Netflix, music, cooking, painting, yoga, reading, etc. I see Riverdale in the same vein. 

Edited by HeatLifer
(edited)

Have you guys seen the spoiler that’s swirling around Twitter? Apparently Betty and Archie cheat on Jughead and Veronica in the musical. It was posted by Entertainment Weekly but has been taken down. Unless there’s a twist, it seems legit. It is one thing to explore Betty/Archie since they are big in the comics and there have been hints throughout the TV series. But why have them cheat? It’s only going to enrage a large portion of fans even more. 

Edited by Auror

Roberto, damn, I didn’t know you had this in you. I apologize for not believing in you.

2 hours ago, Auror said:

It’s only going to enrage a large portion of fans even more. 

I’m not judging until I see it, but this opens up so many doors and the reaction of the “stans” in the fanbase should not be their priority in creating a compelling drama.

(edited)

If this is legit, and it seems to be... I just don't understand why have them cheat. That part bothers me. There's plenty of ways to go there without the cheating. I wish they would be explored without any dirt. I don't want to give those enraged fans any fuel is what I am trying to say. I love Betty/Jughead but at one point very much liked Betty/Archie very early season 1 which is why I am okay with this happening. I just wish if the spoiler is true and it goes down as explained, it didn't have to include the kissing while they are still very much with Jughead and Veronica. 

Edited by Auror
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Auror said:

I don't want to give those enraged fans any fuel is what I am trying to say.

I understand you, while I personally don’t let those types of rowdy fans affect me, it makes sense that you don’t want to give them more dirt to throw, in a sense.

3 minutes ago, Auror said:

didn't have to include the kissing

Depends how far it goes. Is it just this one time and they feel badly enough to try to stop themselves? Or does it lead to more? Are they lying and sneaking around? It could go various different ways. They’re kids, shit happens.

Although I’d argue and say that if your definition of cheating is very black-and-white, then I’d say they already cheated when they felt something in the initial kiss in front of Cheryl.

46 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I understand you, while I personally don’t let those types of rowdy fans affect me, it makes sense that you don’t want to give them more dirt to throw, in a sense.

Depends how far it goes. Is it just this one time and they feel badly enough to try to stop themselves? Or does it lead to more? Are they lying and sneaking around? It could go various different ways. They’re kids, shit happens.

Although I’d argue and say that if your definition of cheating is very black-and-white, then I’d say they already cheated when they felt something in the initial kiss in front of Cheryl.

If Betty and Archie cheat on jug and Veronica fuck them and Betty's words to Jug about him being the only one rings false. This their kids BS rings hollow to me when Adults have done And it would make Betty and Archie scumbags IMO. This Is coming from someone who isn't a stan. I just find cheating despicable. They kissed back in season 2  when Varchie and Bughead were broken up if they had this ridiculous need to try Barchie why not do it then? Instead of having Betty and Archie cheat on Jug and Veronica? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

That is true. Emotional cheating exists and some even think it’s a bigger deal than physical cheating. From the spoilers it seemed to indicate even after the kiss there is a longing look or something. Did you read the spoiler? Apparently EW took it down but another site had it up too. 

ETA: Yahoo had it but now several hours later they took it down. Strange. 

Edited by Auror
2 hours ago, Auror said:

That is true. Emotional cheating exists and some even think it’s a bigger deal than physical cheating. From the spoilers it seemed to indicate even after the kiss there is a longing look or something. Did you read the spoiler? Apparently EW took it down but another site had it up too. 

ETA: Yahoo had it but now several hours later they took it down. Strange. 

Never saw anything myself, just read about it on social media, so I don’t know what’s true/false. Just that there is supposedly a kiss after they fight with Jughead and Ronnie and then they have some eye staring contest at the window. I’m sure there’s more but I didn’t really care too much because I’d rather see it play out for what it’s supposed to be.

12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Never saw anything myself, just read about it on social media, so I don’t know what’s true/false. Just that there is supposedly a kiss after they fight with Jughead and Ronnie and then they have some eye staring contest at the window. I’m sure there’s more but I didn’t really care too much because I’d rather see it play out for what it’s supposed to be.

That is precisely what the spoilers indicate. 

I don't understand people saying this is coming out of nowhere. Huh? Betty had strong romantic feelings for Archie in early season 1 and Archie had feelings too but was in severe denial. They kissed in the car years later. All of that was shoved in a closest and never fully discussed. Then they had to fake a romance for months and months while they took down Stonewall Prep. It seems very possible with them going there, it would cause confusion due to their history. It actually makes sense. Anyone thinking this is happening out of the blue I don't think has been paying attention. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Auror said:

That is precisely what the spoilers indicate. 

I don't understand people saying this is coming out of nowhere. Huh? Betty had strong romantic feelings for Archie in early season 1 and Archie had feelings too but was in severe denial. They kissed in the car years later. All of that was shoved in a closest and never fully discussed. Then they had to fake a romance for months and months while they took down Stonewall Prep. It seems very possible with them going there, it would cause confusion due to their history. It actually makes sense. Anyone thinking this is happening out of the blue I don't think has been paying attention. 

Oh, I 1000% agree. There have been signs since the Pilot, period.

On 4/10/2020 at 5:03 AM, Auror said:

Have you guys seen the spoiler that’s swirling around Twitter? Apparently Betty and Archie cheat on Jughead and Veronica in the musical.

Woo! This is exciting news. I find Bughead and Varchie boring as heck. Actually I find the Core Four boring so maybe this isn't as exciting as it could be. 

• Love 1

I'm not all that fond of cheating stories, but I also don't really ship anyone on this show (I'm usually all in for the WLW ships, but Toni is criminally underused so I can't even care about her and Cheryl), so whatever. Bring it on. I've embraced the nonsensical insanity of the show at this point. It's fun trash that I don't take seriously.