Type keyword(s) to search

SCOOB! (2020)

VCRTracking
  • Start Topic

I've heard about this and I'm seriously annoyed that the current VAs who've been voicing the gang for the better part of 15 years (even though Mindy Cohen hasn't voiced Velma since SDMI ) haven't been brought in to voice the characters (though Frank Welker was brought in to voice Scooby).  WHY??  

Otherwise, WB could have a potential hit on its hands (or series of hits if it's not too late to introduce a new cinematic universe to theaters), but why skimp on well established VAs for characters who have been money makers for their DTVs for the past 20 years??  This reminds me when The Jetsons came to the big screen back in the 80s .  It was the last hurrah for the majority of the voice cast (Mel Blanc and George O'Hanlon died before the film was released) but they replaced Janet Waldo with Tiffany of all people for Judy Jetson! 

OTOH, I caught a couple of Easter eggs (which early spoilers confirm) that we'll see

Spoiler

Dick Dastardly and Blue Falcon & Dynomutt along with Captain Caveman (and Teen Angel, Dee Dee)

at some point.

This means we might get to see other HB heroes in new adventures (something I had hoped to see on the small screen for years) like Space Ghost, Birdman, The Herculoids, Jonny Quest, and The Impossibles.

The scene at the beach where Shaggy meets Scooby seems to indicate Shaggy is alone for some reason (there are two figures in the sand that resemble a male and female), which would suggest either his parents are dead or they're rich globe trotters who don't spend much time with him.  Scooby obviously in this universe, helped fill the friendship void - and as we all know, a boy and his dog is a timeless trope.

The giant ship and the little robots look like something

Spoiler

Dick Dastardly

invented, plus, Shaggy mentions recognizing the Falcon Flyer (which

Spoiler

Blue Falcon

used to fly in the old TV version).  Seems like they get rescued by him during a desperate moment.

I'm OK with most of the character designs so far, but I am not crazy about Fred's overall look.  Being voiced by Zac Efron doesn't help with accepting it either.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, starri said:

I had avoided this trailer on general principle, but allowed myself to look at it and...god help me, it's actually really charming.

I have to admit, it does look pretty cute, even if it's not really Scooby Doo unless an old mansion and a greedy land developer is involved. 

• Love 1