Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Bring the Pain

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After Spencer and Olivia’s efforts to try to get help for Layla blow up in their faces, Layla pretends that everything is fine by throwing a birthday party for Olivia and Jordan.  With Spencer not in a good place after the news he receives about Corey, he is forced to have dinner with the biggest football booster, and it doesn’t go well. Coop is ready to start recording the music she wants but Preach pushes her to try something that isn’t her style. Meanwhile, Jordan finds himself in trouble and turns to his dad for help, leaving Billy to do what’s best for his family even though Laura doesn’t like it.

Airdate: 11.11.2019

I'm  don't get why Olivia was saying sorry to Layla at the party.. Especially after she said that shit to her mom... I mean she created a party and then narcd on them to their mom... That's some next level douchebag right there

• Love 3

I know Layla is bipolar or depressed by she is so freaking unlikable right now. Olivia shouldn’t have had to apologize to her because she did nothing wrong. At least she’s getting the help she needs now.

Olivia and Asher are so damn cute! Seriously, they are squeeworthy cute.

Corey has to be dying or sick. I hope Spencer will figure it out soon.

• Love 3

OMG YESSSS Olivia and Asher are finally happening. But, somehow I feel like Layla is gonna screw this up for them.

I wish Olivia wouldn't have apologized to Layla at the party. She had nothing to be sorry for, but honestly it just shows how good of a person Liv is. She saw her friend hurting and wanted to make that pain go away for her.

I think Corey must be dying too. Otherwise why have him come back to just disappear again for no reason.

Wow Jordan has really messed up. But at least he has an interesting storyline now. I am definitely intrigued.

As much as I love coach Baker, he can't just move back in bc his kids are acting out. Plenty of kids go through parents divorcing and they don't behave like Jordan. Jordan is just behaving like a spoiled little rich boy who has always gotten everything he ever wanted and now that things aren't going his way he is acting out.

I just want to give Spencer a hug. He is such a good kid/person. He is always trying to take care of everyone around him and ignoring his own pain. Poor thing. 

• Love 4

I cannot with how beautiful Olivia is.  She looked so fab in the outfit she was wearing when sitting on the counter eating ice cream.

This is going to sound so stupid but “I was about to leave you a voicemail” made me laugh so hard.  Every show on TV would be improved exponentially with the addition of Coop.

• Love 3

They ran a brief message about suicide prevention at the end of the episode, which they hadn't done earlier in the storyline, so hopefully that means that the worst is over for Layla.  Even if she starts to get better and is fine with Olivia dating Asher, they will probably have a lot of angst about it and think they are doing something wrong even though they aren't.

I hope Spencer won't start dating the booster's daughter.  That whole storyline annoys me.  I'm sure they explained where booster guy had been so that he wasn't butting in all the time last season, but I don't remember.  I liked how Spencer stood up to him.  Of course he was on edge because of Corey leaving, but the guy would have deserved it anyway.

I noticed that Coop's story that was listed in the CW press release was cut or moved to the next episode or something.  It's always interesting in a show when something is changed and the network is so oblivious they don't change the press release.  Sometimes even for shows that go to syndication, the inaccurate description continues to go out to online schedules and onscreen menus for years (leaving in something that was cut or listing a subplot that was completely changed).

• Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, twoods said:

Corey has to be dying or sick. I hope Spencer will figure it out soon.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, marshmallows said:

I think Corey must be dying too. Otherwise why have him come back to just disappear again for no reason.

Maybe he his sick. Maybe he’s growing a second head out of his butt.  None of those are good enough reasons to ghost your kids. Again. If he didn’t have the heart to tell them face to face what was going on, he could’ve told Grace or Billy. Or he could’ve written it in Spencer’s letter. 

He didn’t even explain it to the minor who was living in his house. I’m Team Spencer—Corey is a poor excuse for a man. 

On 11/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, marshmallows said:

I just want to give Spencer a hug. He is such a good kid/person. He is always trying to take care of everyone around him and ignoring his own pain. Poor thing. 

The scene in the kitchen with his mom brought me to tears. Daniel Ezra is a great actor. It still floors me that he’s British. His American accent is impeccable. 

On 11/15/2019 at 12:04 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I noticed that Coop's story that was listed in the CW press release was cut or moved to the next episode or something.

Is that what happened? There was way to little Coop in this episode, although her scenes with Spencer and Spencer’s mom were pure gold.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, topanga said:

Maybe he his sick. Maybe he’s growing a second head out of his butt.  None of those are good enough reasons to ghost your kids. Again. If he didn’t have the heart to tell them face to face what was going on, he could’ve told Grace or Billy. Or he could’ve written it in Spencer’s letter. 

He didn’t even explain it to the minor who was living in his house. I’m Team Spencer—Corey is a poor excuse for a man.   

Oh I'm not saying that him dying gives him an excuse to be a poor father. It would just make sense in context of the story. Him leaving because his wife cheated on him is also a poor excuse to be a bad father. 

• Love 2