Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Need to Know

Wow, no one?

We finally watched it last night.  I suppose there's a question of whether or not it's "worth it" to watch a show once you know it's not being renewed.  Any investment you have in the characters and stories, and any future investment, is wasted because you'll never see how the story ends.

Or maybe it's because this show was okay but just not that good.  I thought some of the premises were interesting, but most of the resolutions just weren't believeable or satisfying.  Oh well.

I liked General Howe.  A career military woman of color and also a single mom?  Pretty sure her life hasn't exactly been easy.

General Ardmore of course was a dick, and once again Strait & Associates are able to beat him not by finding legal precedent or clever interpretation of existing but untested law, but by the bad guy doing something else bad and getting caught on that instead.  Eight episodes and I think they're won at least three times by digging up dirt on someone/something.

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 1

I watched last night too. This show has been entertaining enough, perhaps just because I really like Jimmy Smits. And Jayne Atkinson is in a role for once where I don't completely detest her (Criminal Minds, I'm looking at you.)

I realize it's not the best show out there but after a long day of work, I find it entertaining enough to wind down after the day.

I liked Emerson's mom too. 

• Love 1

Maybe he invested in the company years ago, before its huge growth and subsequent stock price surge thanks to all the defense contracts.  The stock would have been a fraction of the cost back then.  They said he's sold it off and bought it back a few times over the years, but at that point it's just virtual money.  The first time he sold it, he might've gotten 100x what he originally paid for it, and he's been playing with that money ever since.  He was in a position to keep sending business that way, and no one ever put it together before now because it was through a shell company.  Just a theory.

I hate that Jimmy Smits' character was a cheating cheater who cheated  but damn, jimmy smits is still so fine looking. The scene outdoors on that bridge?  Something about the light,  I don't know.... he looked amazing. He was Bobby Simone 20 years later. 

I'm pretty much only watching for him. I find it interesting enough but it's not appointment TV except for Jimmy Smits. Although I really do like Caitlin McGee too. 

• Love 2

Always good to see Dakin Matthews, he's one of my favorite character actors. What a stubborn SOB of a character he was here though, lol.

Overall, Jimmy Smits and Jayne Atkinson have been a pleasure to watch, and I'll never complain about having Barry Sloane on my screen 😉 I also enjoyed the Memphis scenery. C'est la vie.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2