Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Any Given Monday

• Start Topic

Reverend Jax asks Arthur to watch the church for him. As parishioners come to him with their escalating problems, Arthur believes he can best help them with his reason rather than with the ways of the church. Jax also asks Wayne to pick up a loopy Adams from the hospital after her mysterious surgery.

Original air date: 11/14/19

I’m still really liking this show. This episode was different due to the lack of singing, but I loved seeing the different dynamics between many of them. 

I hope that they bring Marissa Jared-Winokour (Sp?) and the actor who played her husband back in a recurring role. 

• Love 1

At first I thought, WTF is this disjointed stuff? And where's the music? But I ended up loving this episode, and laughing out loud approximately every 2.3 minutes (or thereabouts--Wayne was especially funny this week). Everyone got their moment, pretty much, and the parts made a great whole. Much like The Good Place, it's the ensemble working together that makes this show what it is--one of the high points of my week. And like Ted Danson in TGP, it's Bradley Whitford who's the center  and (odd word to use for Arthur, but hey, it's true) heart of the show. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I’m still really liking this show. This episode was different due to the lack of singing, but I loved seeing the different dynamics between many of them. 

I hope that they bring Marissa Jared-Winokour (Sp?) and the actor who played her husband back in a recurring role.

It’s Marissa Jaret Winokur. With no hyphen between Jaret & Winokur. (It sounded like you were asking for a spelling correction, so I’m offering 1–no offense intended). She’s best known for the Tony-winning role of Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway musical version of Hairspray. I didn’t even know the unhappy wife was her. I didn’t recognize her & I missed the guest credits. They go too fast, & are way too small in a lotta cases, these days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

A bit of a different episode, with no singing and more of a focus on the church, and I thought it was a really sweet funny episode. I liked how things played out, and how, while Arthur still isnt a believer in the church, he does believe in this community around it and how important it is to their town. 

Wayne and Adams were a fun pairing, and I generally love that the show in increasingly focused on the ensemble. Bradley Whitford is certainly the glue that keeps it together, but I really like watching all of the characters just bounce off of each other. 

"I am not telling this story right."

• Love 5

This dumb Sherlock thing they have Arthur doing is one of the worst parts of the show. This is not Psych. This is not House. There's no reason he should have these Sherlock Holmes style detective skills.

This episode was a little scattered. This show is not being written like it wants to hold on to viewers. 

Karla's joke about the Guinness record for world's blandest soup was the first thing I laughed at this episode. The second thing was Wayne's falsetto.

• Love 1