Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E9: Ka lāʻau kumu ʻole o Kahilikolo (The Trunkless Tree of Kahilikolo)

• Start Topic

Well, at least Lou's family (wife, children and brother) were coming to this party, and Danny's kids were also mentioned, but not a word about Steve's sister/niece. Do you think they even know Doris died? As to the actual crime, did that knothole in the tree look big enough to hid a skull in? For that matter, how were only 4 guys able to remove that tree (which, based on the size of the stump, must have been huge)?

• Love 1

Good casting for young Junes.

I've never really been a fan of the Danny-Steve whining, but Danny casually taking the coffee away like 'fuuuckkk yoooou' was funny.

Pissed off Junes is good. I feel like Tani's been in scenes with Quinn mostly and it's been a while with just her and him on a case.

Except for Lou being quippy, the tree plot was pedestrian.

So they going to be hooking them up now? Because that scene at the end.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
3 hours ago, illdoc said:

Well, at least Lou's family (wife, children and brother) were coming to this party, and Danny's kids were also mentioned, but not a word about Steve's sister/niece. Do you think they even know Doris died? As to the actual crime, did that knothole in the tree look big enough to hid a skull in? For that matter, how were only 4 guys able to remove that tree (which, based on the size of the stump, must have been huge)?

To be fair little sister is on the mainland while Danny's and Lou's families are local 

• Love 1

I want to know where I can purchase one of those Hawaiian chainsaws that apparently don't leave any sawdust to clean up. No sawdust on the ground next to the tree, none in the warehouse. And, felling a tree that wide with a cut straight across, instead of a notched cut? It is obvious the writers and the prop department people have never cut down a tree in their lives.

For the siblings, let's cut up this girl and scatter the parts, but we will save the head. And, despite the years that go by and access to wealth, let's leave it on the property instead of renting/buying a boat and taking it 50 miles offshore to toss in the ocean. Hey, that's a great idea!!

I don't particularly care for Princess, she appears to be a one-joke character that is penny-pinching/cheap. Again, Kamekona only sat for his scene.

• Love 4

The lack of Mary and Joannie--or even a mention of them--was jarring in this Thanksgiving episode.  They've made the trip for Thanksgiving before, and they are each other's only bio family left.  Yeah, Steve makes a big deal about his extended Ohana, but...

Also out of whack was Danny faking mold mitigation so he "had" to stay with Steve because he was worried about him.  Which makes his total absence last week completely out of character.  He goes from flying out to DC to be with Steve, to be with his best bud after that op gone bad gets his mother--with whom he's had a complicated relationship--killed.  Then Danny is completely absent, and literally phoning it in.  And now he's so concerned about Steve's well-being, he's faking mold and sacrificing his back to sleeping gawd knows where, just so he can be there to support his friend.  Do the writers even know each other, or read the scripts?  I'm prepared to take some inconsistency with characters on TV, but this is ridiculous.  

I love that the couch is unequivocally Eddie's territory. 

Also interesting that the Fanfic gods giveth, and the Fanfic gods taketh away.  Two episodes ago, there was the classic "two men, one hotel bed" trope, this week we had the "gotta move in temporarily, no place to sleep but in your luxurious king bed, with you" trope, but we also get the clear declaration that Danny is trying (again) to get back with Rachel.  Sigh.

I always give Steve a hard time for always taking advantage of Danny. And really I am one of the few that never complains about Danny. But the way they are making him out to be a jerk this season. Crashing Steve and forcing Junior to be kicked out nearly

Siblings were spoiled rotten. And really wanted the money. And felt by killing their father who seemed to be a class act guy who gone out of his way to help out people down and out. This is how he is repaid in return? Wow!

Junior and his father being reunited. That was the only sweet thing in the episode. Otherwise so so 7/10!

• Love 1

To whomever did it, thanks for adding the episode tags. I’ve been wondering about what to do with those. But the episode title still needs a 0 (zero) in front of the 9 in the ep number, if it’s still possible for Mods to edit thread titles. Please & thank you.