Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: The Knockouts, Part 4

• Start Topic

Airs November 4, 2019

Taylor Swift serves as a megamentor to all of the coaches' teams on the final night of the knockouts, as the coaches pair their artists to perform individually against a teammate, then select a winner to move on to the live playoffs.

The four remaining KO's are:

Marybeth Byrd Preston Howell on Team John (my pick for the final steal)

Damali v Gracee Shrivers on Team Kelly (my pick to get the montage treatment)

Calvin Lockett v Myracle Holloway (Team Gwen) & Ricky Braddy v Zach Bridges on Team Blake

I'm going to comment on the November 5 (Tuesday) episode here.

During the Blake portion of the show:

• All four judges give Ricky Braddy a standing ovation when he finishes his song.
  • All four judges remain seated and politely clap for Ricky's competitor, Zach Bridges, at the end of Zach's song.

Blake: "This is such a tough decision. So tough... I just don't know...."

Edited by adhoc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

This time I basically agreed with the coaches.  The right people went home.

I thought Damali was easily the best of the night with her mature emotional performance of Sober.  Ricky, Gracee and Marybeth (in that order) were also fairly good. 

Preston showed his inexperience (in sharp contrast to the equally young Damali), as well as his vocal limitations.  He probably should have waited a couple of more years before coming on the show.  Zach should have never gotten this far in the first place. 

1 hour ago, viajero said:

Zach should have never gotten this far in the first place. 

I just watched it and already forgot, is this the guy that sang Garth Brooks? If so I thought he sounded awful and like he was trying to mimic Garth.

The only 2 performances I really liked were the last 2 and thought the girl Kelly kept was the best of the 2.  

• Love 1
On 11/6/2019 at 10:13 PM, foxfreakinmulder said:

I just watched it and already forgot, is this the guy that sang Garth Brooks? If so I thought he sounded awful and like he was trying to mimic Garth.

I feel like in every song he was mimicking the original artist. There's no real artistry there, just a good bar voice.

• Love 1