Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Charmed fans will of course remember her as both Aunt Jackie from Season one's  "The Fourth Sister" and as Elise Rothman who was Phoebe's boss at the Bay Mirror from Season 5 onward.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I'm rewatching S2 again.....and it just popped into my mind that the cousins were VICIOUS and were willing to kill P.Russell (Phoebe) due to her turning to the dark side along with CURSING her so she/Anton couldn't reunite and become a power-couple....flashfoward 2 years and Phoebe is back in love with a demon and about to become a power-couple with him...

This!  The cousins knew thy had a serious issue and weren't afraid to take the necessary measures to stop it in its tracks.  Unfortunately, they didn't realize they'd be dooming a soul that would be needed later down the line.  It's a shame the Charmed Ones rarely did the same. 

On 7/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, Pearson80 said:

Long live the Queen would have had more gravitas if Shannen and Constance were involved in the story in my opinion.   Evil Phoebe should have lasted longer than one episode and the show chickened out by saying that Phoebe was under the influence of her evil baby and not that she chose evil to follow Cole of her own free will. 

I hated the "The baby made me do it!" excuses.  Phoebe made conscious choices and considering her P. Russell life choices and the fact that it was established that being born on the Nexis could sway her either good or evil, she didn't always have the best record.  Pregnancy shouldn't have made a difference.  IIRC, The Seer said that without HER influence, the baby would have followed his mother's destiny, which sounds like he would have ultimately followed the path of good.   

On 7/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, Pearson80 said:

Phoebe's dark side was established in season 1 and evil Phoebe should have been in season 5 and not season 4. 

I think both seasons were rushed but the Phoebe storyline was combined with some future storylines for some reason.  I seem to remember chat about it at the  time that a decision was made to cram and wrap up several storylines into Season 4 rather than continue them into Season 5. 

• Love 3

Yeah it never made sense that you had a hit show on your hands, come off of a successful S4 that was a major change for the audience and you.....decide to change the shows tone in S5? Kern and company really showed that they were over the lead up to The Source and taking the show in a serious/darker direction so they rushed to tie up all those loose ends.

Even things such as The Warrens, S1-3 we found out more about the family lineage, were introduced to new family members and by S4 they stop all of that.

• Love 3
On 7/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah it never made sense that you had a hit show on your hands, come off of a successful S4 that was a major change for the audience and you.....decide to change the shows tone in S5? Kern and company really showed that they were over the lead up to The Source and taking the show in a serious/darker direction so they rushed to tie up all those loose ends.

Even things such as The Warrens, S1-3 we found out more about the family lineage, were introduced to new family members and by S4 they stop all of that.

Learning about their family was always my favorite part. From seeing Grams and Patty in season one and Melinda to Melinda's mother in season four. It was fun. I also wanted to see Phoebe ask her mother why she named her Phoebe. According to Patty, that was her favorite aunt, was that cousin that was murdered by her cousins? Or someone else? Who was Piper named after? Prue was after Melinda's daughter right? There was so much to explore. Also did their family's bad history with men start with Matthew? Was he Prudence's father? I also wish we got to see the sisters having and keeping witch friends. Maybe their own coven or just to have witch friends. 

I did really like Elise and Phoebe's relationship on the show. I liked that Elise finally pulled the emergency on her and went out for a night of fun and Phoebe wasn't even upset. Rebecca was really great on the show. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Learning about their family was always my favorite part. From seeing Grams and Patty in season one and Melinda to Melinda's mother in season four. It was fun. I also wanted to see Phoebe ask her mother why she named her Phoebe. According to Patty, that was her favorite aunt, was that cousin that was murdered by her cousins? Or someone else? Who was Piper named after? Prue was after Melinda's daughter right? There was so much to explore. Also did their family's bad history with men start with Matthew? Was he Prudence's father? I also wish we got to see the sisters having and keeping witch friends. Maybe their own coven or just to have witch friends. 

Agreed!!  We needed to know more about various branches of the family.  Yes, Prudence was Melinda's daughters name (although for some reason, in one of the Charmed books she had another name).  P. Russell (Phoebe's past self) was a cousin to Gram's mother (Past Piper).  Patty would have been a cousin once removed to her not a niece.  Phoebe (and her sisters) would be a cousin twice removed.  It might have been nice to have known a bit more about Patty's Aunt Phoebe (although it's possible she was a great aunt, not Gram's sister).

Prudence's father may not have been Matthew.  It was never stated in the show who Melinda Warren married to conceive her.  It would seem they were lovers before he ratted her out and had her executed.  It would have been awesome to have had some background on the previous matriarchs which we saw for Wyatt's Wiccaning.  I would have loved a flashback episode (or maybe Season 7 or 8 could have had a season full of such episodes) expanding on the family tree and the BOS.

The sisters definitely needed more witch friends to call upon.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Agreed!!  We needed to know more about various branches of the family.  Yes, Prudence was Melinda's daughters name (although for some reason, in one of the Charmed books she had another name).  P. Russell (Phoebe's past self) was a cousin to Gram's mother (Past Piper).  Patty would have been a cousin once removed to her not a niece.  Phoebe (and her sisters) would be a cousin twice removed.  It might have been nice to have known a bit more about Patty's Aunt Phoebe (although it's possible she was a great aunt, not Gram's sister).

It's possible it was a great-aunt it would be nice to know who and why name her daughter after her? What about that Phoebe was so great? It would be fun to know. Other branches. Also, when did they arrive in San Francisco? Was it before or after 1906 earthquake. They said the house was rebuilt and we know the nexus was there.  Was that why they went west?  

Prudence's father may not have been Matthew.  It was never stated in the show who Melinda Warren married to conceive her.  It would seem they were lovers before he ratted her out and had her executed.  It would have been awesome to have had some background on the previous matriarchs which we saw for Wyatt's Wiccaning.  I would have loved a flashback episode (or maybe Season 7 or 8 could have had a season full of such episodes) expanding on the family tree and the BOS.

I always thought he was because Melinda never said she was married and she hoped a kind family would take in her daughter. It doesn't sound like she went to live with her father or his family or hers. I guess he could have been someone else. Either way it would have been an interesting story to tell. Why did she go from Virginia to Salem? Warren was her maiden name did she never marry? Keep her last name? It would have been fun learning the answers.

The sisters definitely needed more witch friends to call upon.

They really did. For help when they need it and for friendship. Piper especially always missed friends. Why not make witch friends?  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It's possible it was a great-aunt it would be nice to know who and why name her daughter after her? What about that Phoebe was so great? . Also, when did they arrive in San Francisco? Was it before or after 1906 earthquake. They said the house was rebuilt and we know the nexus was there.  Was that why they went west?  

It's possible Patty's favorite aunt was just close to her and Grams.  Probably helped both learn magic and expanding the BOS.

As for how they arrived in SF, I tried to reconcile that the family came from MA to help good magic flourish out west (as her mother,  Charlotte mentioned her coven was to help good magic flourish in the New World).  I also loved to think that the 1906 earthquake was in fact caused by a major battle between good and evil and the Warrens were involved in taking the Nexis in the name of good.  I was disappointed we never got a storyline like this.  The Warrens (or at least one branch) lived in SF at least since 1906 although it's possible they may have been there since the 1890s when the cousins were born.  We should have seen some family branch from back east - I'd hate to think they all died fighting evil or never kept in touch with Penny's side of the family.  It could have been interesting to see a cousin with a different power (like Past Prue's ice powers) because another witch family intermarried with them.

Even the definition of having a Nexis fits the definition of homes all over the world.  It could have been fun to see other branches of either The Warrens or other witch families with a Nexis of their own in other states.

12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I always thought he was because Melinda never said she was married and she hoped a kind family would take in her daughter. It doesn't sound like she went to live with her father or his family or hers. I guess he could have been someone else. Either way it would have been an interesting story to tell. Why did she go from Virginia to Salem? Warren was her maiden name did she never marry? Keep her last name? It would have been fun learning the answers.

Admittedly I'm old fashioned so I always considered it a given that Charlotte and Melinda were married before conceiving their daughters.  Largely, because that was the culture at the time.  It wasn't unusual for some women to keep their maiden names or at least use them as a middle name for their child (John Smith married Judy Jones and their daughter is named Samantha Jones Smith). It's still common in Latin cultures today.

I can see Charlotte and Melinda having been widowed at some point.  Single women IRL were frequent targets in the Salem Witch Trials because their men were expected to own the property they held and those who had no father/son/ brother/husband were singled out to take their land.  Melinda could have traveled to Salem to marry her future husband or she married him already and they were going to Salem for a new life.  She becomes a widow after Prudence is born and decides to raise her alone, has an affair with Matthew Tate, is betrayed, died, and hoped someone would take pity on her and take care of her daughter (which would have been a big risk to take because at that time since not every family was willing to take on another mouth to feed, especially if they weren't even a blood relation).

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, magicdog said:

It's possible Patty's favorite aunt was just close to her and Grams.  Probably helped both learn magic and expanding the BOS.

That could be too. It would have been a good story for the show. Who was that Phoebe? The murdered cousin? An aunt or great-aunt on either side. Or a close friend of her mother's that she considered an aunt. Or one the Ps. daughters. They were close maybe past Prue had a daughter that Patty was close to.  There was a lot left to explore.

As for how they arrived in SF, I tried to reconcile that the family came from MA to help good magic flourish out west (as her mother,  Charlotte mentioned her coven was to help good magic flourish in the New World).  I also loved to think that the 1906 earthquake was in fact caused by a major battle between good and evil and the Warrens were involved in taking the Nexis in the name of good.  I was disappointed we never got a storyline like this.  The Warrens (or at least one branch) lived in SF at least since 1906 although it's possible they may have been there since the 1890s when the cousins were born.  We should have seen some family branch from back east - I'd hate to think they all died fighting evil or never kept in touch with Penny's side of the family.  It could have been interesting to see a cousin with a different power (like Past Prue's ice powers) because another witch family intermarried with them.

A moving to the West would have been fun to explore. Maybe it was a vision that they should go west. Maybe it was something else. A battle between good and evil would be a great story about the earthquake. That would have been fun. I agree about different powers. That ice power was awesome.  Where did it come from?

Also why the 1920s cousins and 60s Penny (or Patty if the show went with who they really wanted that one to be about) were so open about magic when the Charmed ones couldn't. The cousins were pretty open about it. Sure everyone fled before the fight. But was that really the first time they saw anything like it? Demons never showed up to attack witches who were open with their powers? Everyone who fled forgot about it and never talked about it? So when the hippie crowd and others hung out in the 60s did some come because they heard the rumors from the 20s? Any of them raised by people from the 20s? It really made little sense they were so open in the past but present day no one in San Francisco knows anything? Especially not the police or newspaper.  

Even the definition of having a Nexis fits the definition of homes all over the world.  It could have been fun to see other branches of either The Warrens or other witch families with a Nexis of their own in other states.

Admittedly I'm old fashioned so I always considered it a given that Charlotte and Melinda were married before conceiving their daughters.  Largely, because that was the culture at the time.  It wasn't unusual for some women to keep their maiden names or at least use them as a middle name for their child (John Smith married Judy Jones and their daughter is named Samantha Jones Smith). It's still common in Latin cultures today.

I can see Charlotte and Melinda having been widowed at some point.  Single women IRL were frequent targets in the Salem Witch Trials because their men were expected to own the property they held and those who had no father/son/ brother/husband were singled out to take their land.  Melinda could have traveled to Salem to marry her future husband or she married him already and they were going to Salem for a new life.  She becomes a widow after Prudence is born and decides to raise her alone, has an affair with Matthew Tate, is betrayed, died, and hoped someone would take pity on her and take care of her daughter (which would have been a big risk to take because at that time since not every family was willing to take on another mouth to feed, especially if they weren't even a blood relation).

I'm not old fashion but really into history. While it's not impossible that Charlotte and Melinda never married. It's more odd that it never came up. We met Charlotte, her coven and she was about to give birth. But no husband live or dead was ever mention. Piper who by that point was all about wanting to marry never asked. Talked to her about marriage? The only marriages we know of are Penny's, Patty's and one of the P. cousins. When Piper's depressed on her wedding day she tells her parents their cursed as women. Patty doesn't counter her with any happy marriages in the Warren line. That would have been helpful. Before Wyatt was born we never heard anything about Patty's father. Given Penny's opinion about her marriages I assumed it wasn't good. Charlotte being a widow would have made the story even better. Maybe he was killed by a demon or accused as a warlock and killed adding to the fear. Maybe he was normal but killed protecting his wife or something. Maybe being normal is what lead Melinda to either never marry a normal man think her father gave up everything to save her and her mother and only dating witches. Maybe her mother was in a miserable marriage or fled because he found out he was a witch. If so I'm not sure why Melinda would be so hopeful that someone would take care of her daughter. There are a lot of good ideas for the fathers of Charlotte and Melinda's daughters but we got nothing.

I admit in the Matthew episode the fact they never tell us who Prudence's father is someone else meant it was Matthew. Although if he was it does raise the question why he didn't go after Prudence's powers? Melinda was locked up and she didn't seem to even know what happen to her daughter. Melinda only took back her powers. Unless doing so gave Prudence back her powers but Matthew didn't know and wouldn't be able to find out.  I wish the sisters had asked Melinda more questions about her life. They had time. 

It would been fun to see if any Warrens married other witches or not. Maybe from their Coven. Explore those branches of the family and powers and spells brought into the family and book. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I dont put to much stock into the cousins bit that the Halliwells drop since as we saw with "Aunt"gail....she wasn't their real aunt, just an honorary one. For all we know the others felt more like cousins even if they werent officially. 

We know the Warren Witches moved around since Brianna Warren took part in the Crimean War and that took place in the Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, Piedmont-Sardinia, and France. Not to mention that Melinda was burned on the stake....why would whoever took her in and raised her stay in Salem after that? They would've gotten far away for their safety. 

As far as Patty/Leo/other witches (I hate that episode) being so open with magic in the 60s? Probably because everyone around them was high all the time off so mortals thought they were just hallucinating. 

When I was rewatching S1 and they took witches seriously who were being killed, they had so many good options for one of them to survive and be a friend to the girls, teaching them more traditional wicca. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Also why the 1920s cousins and 60s Penny (or Patty if the show went with who they really wanted that one to be about) were so open about magic when the Charmed ones couldn't. The cousins were pretty open about it.

The 20s was often about spiritualism and such (which is one reason why Harry Houdini made it one of his missions to expose frauds conducting seances).  We know at least some of the guests at the Manor speakeasy knew the cousins could cast spells or curses:

Past Phoebe: Shall I curse someone for you?

Party Guest: Maybe later!

We also saw Past Phoebe also used a crystal ball for possible divination purposes.  It would have been interesting to have seen more of that part of the family's life.

The 60s could have been seen as a drug induced haze by some, since like the 20s, some people were hung up on spiritualism and reaching a higher plane.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont put to much stock into the cousins bit that the Halliwells drop since as we saw with "Aunt"gail....she wasn't their real aunt, just an honorary one. For all we know the others felt more like cousins even if they werent officially. 

I can talk about this show forever. 

We know the Warren Witches moved around since Brianna Warren took part in the Crimean War and that took place in the Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, Piedmont-Sardinia, and France. Not to mention that Melinda was burned on the stake....why would whoever took her in and raised her stay in Salem after that? They would've gotten far away for their safety. 

That's true. It would have been fun to find out. I always hoped it was a witch or part of Melinda's coven who took Prudence and left or Melinda left with rather then her just having hope. It would been nice to see that witches look after each other. Maybe they couldn't get Melinda out or Melinda told them to take her daughter and leave to protect them all from the same fate. After Virginia and Salem. Maybe the coven decided to go back to England or somewhere else. Or maybe Brianna was inspired by stories from Florence Nightgale. Maybe Florence was a witch or learned from Brianna. 

As far as Patty/Leo/other witches (I hate that episode) being so open with magic in the 60s? Probably because everyone around them was high all the time off so mortals thought they were just hallucinating. 

I hate that episode too. An episode about a younger Penny should have been awesome. Instead they make her an idiot for no reason. I know it was suppose to be Patty. I could see a young Patty in the Hippie crowd and Penny rolling her eyes over it. When Finola was unable to they either should have done a different 60s episode or just dropped it and gave us a Penny episode. They didn't need to make Leo a creeper either. That's so wouldn't be him in any area.

When I was rewatching S1 and they took witches seriously who were being killed, they had so many good options for one of them to survive and be a friend to the girls, teaching them more traditional wicca. 

They really did. They could have had one or two survive. Or even going more into that world. Phoebe and Prue are weirded out at the wicca book store. Why? That was a great way to meet witches and make friends. Or when Prue's hunting down other names on the list. Or from the first episode of season two when Phoebe and Piper go to the equinox gathering where others are.  

12 minutes ago, magicdog said:

The 20s was often about spiritualism and such (which is one reason why Harry Houdini made it one of his missions to expose frauds conducting seances).  We know at least some of the guests at the Manor speakeasy knew the cousins could cast spells or curses:

Past Phoebe: Shall I curse someone for you?

Party Guest: Maybe later!

We also saw Past Phoebe also used a crystal ball for possible divination purposes.  It would have been interesting to have seen more of that part of the family's life.

The 60s could have been seen as a drug induced haze by some, since like the 20s, some people were hung up on spiritualism and reaching a higher plane.

It was. Spiritualism was all around. Arthur Conan Doyle got into. It was a fun. Some people were so open. I wish they had more of that in the sisters' lives. Especially Phoebe. She was all for it and thought it was fun.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

An episode about a younger Penny should have been awesome. Instead they make her an idiot for no reason. I know it was suppose to be Patty. I could see a young Patty in the Hippie crowd and Penny rolling her eyes over it. When Finola was unable to they either should have done a different 60s episode or just dropped it and gave us a Penny episode.

Agreed!  A younger Penny story would have taken place circa WW2, although I would have been amenable if a younger actress had been used to portray a teenage Patty in the 60s (say 19-20 years of age).  I cannot see our Penny behaving as she did in the 60s!  She would have been much more worldly wise than that.  I CAN believe she would have been very much in love with her first husband Allen and perhaps all her subsequent relationships soured in comparison (although I liked the idea that most of them would have croaked because Penny was too stubborn to die!).

• Love 2
On 7/25/2022 at 10:38 PM, magicdog said:

Agreed!  A younger Penny story would have taken place circa WW2, although I would have been amenable if a younger actress had been used to portray a teenage Patty in the 60s (say 19-20 years of age).  I cannot see our Penny behaving as she did in the 60s!  She would have been much more worldly wise than that.  I CAN believe she would have been very much in love with her first husband Allen and perhaps all her subsequent relationships soured in comparison (although I liked the idea that most of them would have croaked because Penny was too stubborn to die!).

Yeah, the same Penny who threw the girls out in that 70s episode and later questioned them to prove they were her granddaughters and tried to throw in a question about IBM is not going to be some naive hippy. Patty who would have been a teenager at the time I could see being a hippy. A young Penny or Patty episode would have been fun.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/26/2022 at 12:38 AM, magicdog said:

I never pictured Penny to be the shrinking violet that Brad Kern wrote and it was the antithesis of who she was. Brad Kern just ruined the show in so many ways but I digress.

The episode taken place around WW2 would have been amazing if Constance was still on the show and perhaps we could have seen Penny's mother who I always envisioned had the same premonition power as Phoebe. I remember Grams telling Paige that she was just as beautiful as her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Penny's mother who I always envisioned had the same premonition power as Phoebe.

IIRC, Penny's mom was P. Baxter (Past Piper) and she had Piper's power to freeze.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, magicdog said:

IIRC, Penny's mom was P. Baxter (Past Piper) and she had Piper's power to freeze.

Okay, I never realized that was P Baxter was grams' mom. I always wanted Phoebe to meet a powerful warren witch who only had premonitions like her to boost her confidence.  Season 3 would have been the best time especially if Piper had gotten her second power before Phoebe at the beginning of season 3 and not at the end. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2022 at 8:19 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Holly/Brian/Drew started a Charmed podcast going over past episodes. House of Halliwell.

I wished that Alyssa Shannen and Rose were involved. I would love to hear the ladies give their take on the show without any filter.

In some parts of the podcast,  Holly doesn’t come across overly well. Doesn’t seem overly gracious towards her fellow charmed co leads. 

Currently listening to them review  1.4 Dead Man Dating. How great is John Cho. Loving hearing him talk about the technical parts of film making. 

16 hours ago, PWHCHCH said:

In some parts of the podcast,  Holly doesn’t come across overly well. Doesn’t seem overly gracious towards her fellow charmed co leads. 

Currently listening to them review  1.4 Dead Man Dating. How great is John Cho. Loving hearing him talk about the technical parts of film making. 

I dont think she comes across bad in anyway when it comes to her "sisters" but more reluctant to talk about them.

The postcast is...alright but lord they barely discuss the episodes. 

I get it...Drew was 18 during S1 lol. They say like 2 things about the episode and then go off on tangents about other things

On 9/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I dont think she comes across bad in anyway when it comes to her "sisters" but more reluctant to talk about them.

Why do you think that she is holding back? Is it because she has fallen out with Shannen? I know that she and Alyssa were really work friends and I always got the impression that she got along with Rose especially when they spoke about their experiences about Charmed on zoom during the pandemic.. 

53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why do you think that she is holding back? Is it because she has fallen out with Shannen? I know that she and Alyssa were really work friends and I always got the impression that she got along with Rose especially when they spoke about their experiences about Charmed on zoom during the pandemic.. 

I think she just always plays the middle ground and doesnt want to ruffle any feathers with anyone. I also think she views that she has now put in more work than them across the years and thinks they can speak for themselves if they want

54 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think she just always plays the middle ground and doesnt want to ruffle any feathers with anyone. I also think she views that she has now put in more work than them across the years and thinks they can speak for themselves if they want

If she and Shannen were still friends perhaps she would have given us some insights. I remember when Shannen got fired, she had no problems telling the world how unfair it was to Shannen and how she no longer wanted to be on the show..

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If she and Shannen were still friends perhaps she would have given us some insights. I remember when Shannen got fired, she had no problems telling the world how unfair it was to Shannen and how she no longer wanted to be on the show..

For sure and it'll be interested to see them comment on AHBL and S3 in general. They'll probably avoid the bts drama all around which...will make it boring  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

For sure and it'll be interested to see them comment on AHBL and S3 in general. They'll probably avoid the bts drama all around which...will make it boring  

I would love to know at what point did Alyssa and Shannen fell out.  I do remember that they were really close until the middle of season 3.  Alyssa finally admitted that she was also to blame for what happened in season 3 after Rose called her out during her time on the show. Before that blowup online she acted like she was Shannen's victim.. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I would love to know at what point did Alyssa and Shannen fell out.  I do remember that they were really close until the middle of season 3.  Alyssa finally admitted that she was also to blame for what happened in season 3 after Rose called her out during her time on the show. Before that blowup online she acted like she was Shannen's victim.. 

So do I. They seemed so close. At one point one was in the other's wedding. When did it happen?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So do I. They seemed so close. At one point one was in the other's wedding. When did it happen?

When Alyssa got married in season 1 to her first husband, Holly and Shannen were bridesmaids. 

I would love Holly to tell the truth about what happened because the rift between Alyssa and Shannen affected the trajectory of the show.  We have had shows were the costars did not like each other but the show went on.

• Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 3:48 AM, PWHCHCH said:

I watched Charmed in its original run. I didn't know who Jon Cho was at the time this episode aired. Several years later, he became very recognizable, and his career was taking off. I think I became aware of him because he played Sulu in the Star Trek movie.  I was doing a rewatch of Charmed and saw Dead Man Dating and went - that's Jon Cho.  I think they call this "retro recognition". I have also done this with Mark Pellegrino. After Supernatural, I recognized him in all the old series I watched before I knew who he was. 

• Love 1
On 9/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, Pearson80 said:

Pretty sure it was during the start of S3. Alyssa quit smoking, gained weight, was going through a depressive state, wasnt feeling the show which pissed Shannen off who liked to get in, get out...and of course the network starting to lean more on Alyssa by middle of S2.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Pretty sure it was during the start of S3. Alyssa quit smoking, gained weight, was going through a depressive state, wasnt feeling the show which pissed Shannen off who liked to get in, get out...and of course the network starting to lean more on Alyssa by middle of S2.

Don't forget Shannen's father getting ill that affected her mood.  She also began to clash with Kern after Constance left in addition to Alyssa.. 

• Love 1

I remember Holly saying the issues between Shannon and Alyssa could have been resolved had the network and producers not interfered.

Back then it was easy to blame Shannon because of her history on 90210..but I always figured it takes 2 to make a conflict.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I remember Holly saying the issues between Shannon and Alyssa could have been resolved had the network and producers not interfered.

Back then it was easy to blame Shannon because of her history on 90210..but I always figured it takes 2 to make a conflict.  

I really wasn't sure at the time. Shannen did have history on 90210 so while it was possible I wasn't completely sold that Alyssa didn't have a part in it. I agree it was probably both of them who were going through stuff at the time.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 5:43 AM, andromeda331 said:

I really wasn't sure at the time. Shannen did have history on 90210 so while it was possible I wasn't completely sold that Alyssa didn't have a part in it. I agree it was probably both of them who were going through stuff at the time.

Even her issues on 90210 was overblown because I remember that Brian Austin Greene her co-star on the show said that Shannen had a lot of haters due to her talent and popularity.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Even during S3 the initial rumors centered around Alyssa quitting and making demands for wanting Shannen out and these were reported by E! so Im sure there were some truth behind it. 

The funny thing is that no one has ever said anything bad about Shannen on Charmed except whatshername from The Fourth Sister and that had to do with Shannen not speaking to her since unbeknowst to her, Shannens ex bf was speaking to her. 

Principal Snyder who played The Wizard in S4 spoke about how unbearable the cast was in his episode and it was one of his worst experiences so....Alyssa definitely wasnt innocent.

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Even during S3 the initial rumors centered around Alyssa quitting and making demands for wanting Shannen out and these were reported by E! so Im sure there were some truth behind it. 

The funny thing is that no one has ever said anything bad about Shannen on Charmed except whatshername from The Fourth Sister and that had to do with Shannen not speaking to her since unbeknowst to her, Shannens ex bf was speaking to her. 

Principal Snyder who played The Wizard in S4 spoke about how unbearable the cast was in his episode and it was one of his worst experiences so....Alyssa definitely wasnt innocent.

Alyssa was definitely favored by the show  in season 3 for whatever reason and it is why that Shannen had to go in my opinion..  The show should have butt out of the Shannen/Alyssa feud because it never affected how Prue and Phoebe related on the show.  The ladies were professional when it came time for them for them to be Prue and Phoebe.  Prue should have survived the season 3 finale and the actresses should have gotten over themselves and put the fans of the show first..

Alyssa admitted that she played a role in her feud with Shannen so she was never innocent.  Rose called her out online and told her that she made life unbearable on set for her and everybody. Rose said that she would cry whenever the show was renewed for a new season.  It was always telling how Holly was never friends with Alyssa off the set.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

The other day they showed Charmed and Dangerous on TV and it was annoying to me because of the following:

Phoebe had no powers to fight the source of all evil.  He mocked her powers and it was embarrassing to watch.. 

The show turned the source of all evil into a simple demon of the week and it was disappointing to say the least. He should have remained  scary unseen and deadly until season 5 or season 6.  

The seer using her powers to manipulate everybody was how I always wanted Phoebe's powers to eventually grow..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2022 at 11:29 PM, Pearson80 said:

The other day they showed Charmed and Dangerous on TV and it was annoying to me because of the following:

Phoebe had no powers to fight the source of all evil.  He mocked her powers and it was embarrassing to watch.. 

The show turned the source of all evil into a simple demon of the week and it was disappointing to say the least. He should have remained  scary unseen and deadly until season 5 or season 6.  

The seer using her powers to manipulate everybody was how I always wanted Phoebe's powers to eventually grow..  

It was so rushed. You could tell the writers just wanted to get the storyline done and over with. 

Spent 3.5 seasons leading up to this moment and....that it? What happened to The Sources fire guards that we spent an entire episode about? His top tier demons that do his bidding? All it takes is the crystal cage to stop him? I maen...sure its great that Prues invention was one of the main things that helped out but....come on now.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, Primal Slayer said:

It was so rushed. You could tell the writers just wanted to get the storyline done and over with. 

Spent 3.5 seasons leading up to this moment and....that it? What happened to The Sources fire guards that we spent an entire episode about? His top tier demons that do his bidding? All it takes is the crystal cage to stop him? I maen...sure its great that Prues invention was one of the main things that helped out but....come on now.

I agree. It was a complete letdown. It should have been a huge battle. 

2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree. It was a complete letdown. It should have been a huge battle. 

The sisters whether it was the original power of  3 or the new one should have had intense battles along the way going up against other more dangerous powerful demons like Shax, evil witches and warlocks.  As the sisters' powers grow exponentially and organically so does the threats to their safety..

Each sister should have developed 3 powers in order to face the source in the final battle. We never even saw the power of 3 at its full force.  The show constantly said that the charmed ones were the most powerful witches of all time but we never even saw that.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 10/31/2022 at 6:09 AM, Primal Slayer said:

The actress who played Melinda Warren revealed they invited her back multiple times but scheduling never worked out. 

I didn’t hear her say that? I’m assuming you mean in the HOH podcast ?

I just saw an episode of season 3 on Friday and the chemistry between Alyssa and Shannen is electric.  There is no hint of them at war with each other behind the scenes.  Not to mention, the episodes that Shannen directed Alyssa in were outstanding.. It just pisses me off that it could not continue in season 4 and beyond.  What a shame!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I just saw an episode of season 3 on Friday and the chemistry between Alyssa and Shannen is electric.  There is no hint of them at war with each other behind the scenes.  Not to mention, the episodes that Shannen directed Alyssa in were outstanding.. It just pisses me off that it could not continue in season 4 and beyond.  What a shame!

If it werent for men trying to interfere bts...what could've been.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, Primal Slayer said:

If it werent for men trying to interfere bts...what could've been.

I don't know if that's a fair thing to say. I know HMC said this, but presumably some of these men would have been their supervisors/bosses. It would literally be these people's jobs to acknowledge and discuss dissent and discontent on set. Also, some of the rumors are about Shannon allegedly being jealous of Alyssa's popularity and the Phoebe/Cole relationship. These are things the higherups would have to address, especially the latter.

Whether men interfered or not, it seemed like egos got involved. I'm not certain its fair to blame these unnamed men for the personal conflicts between Alyssa and Shannon that we - the audience - still aren't quite what the conflict was and what led to Shannon's firing.

Edited by 4evaQuez