Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: A Strong Effort of the Spirit of Good

The dialogue felt particularly stilted and unnatural in this episode.  Some of the stuff the characters were saying felt like they were coming out of a modern-day college essay about equality, rights and injustice.  It was very distracting.

I guess it was an interesting idea to have Anne learn a lesson about unintended consequences and being part of a team.  But everyone quickly accepting Anne again, plus the white handkerchief waving rally to the town hall with the "free speech is a human right" sign was difficult to take seriously.  What did the parents of the students think about their childrens' participation?  Maybe Anne shouldn't have been their spokesperson in front of the town council.

We haven't seen Prissy enough for her storyline to have much impact, even though it fit with the theme of the episode.

The rift between Anne and Diana was sad.  Diana didn't seem to realize that Jerry not being able to go to school would have made him less able to discuss the book on the same level.  Anne jumping to conclusions that Diana was class-ist wasn't fair.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

The rift between Anne and Diana was sad.  Diana didn't seem to realize that Jerry not being able to go to school would have made him less able to discuss the book on the same level.  Anne jumping to conclusions that Diana was class-ist wasn't fair.  

An important part of the book was that Diana and Anne NEVER quarreled or had serious arguments. It is not cool the series changed something like that. 

• Love 5

I seriously hated Diana in this episode. It was not cool to be so mean to sweet Jerry like that. It was totally out of character. Plus I'm really tired of all the modern storylines, they really don't have the right show for that.

Edited by WorldWarIV
  • Love 3

Amybeth's acting is getting worse.  I feel bad saying that because she seems like a sweet girl but holy cow is she awful.  This is the girl who beat out hundreds of other girls for the role?  And I don't buy her and Gil at all.  No chemistry whatsoever.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Poor Jerry. I guess he is just Diana's fling. 

I think something will very likely happen with Anne and Gilbert by season's end now. 

Maybe a kiss? I think the finale will focus on Anne finding out more about her parents for the most part. 

• Love 1