Type keyword(s) to search

Season One Discussion

Did anyone watch this yet? I just binged it and holy shit was it good. Also, totally fucked up. Also, totally terrifying. Wondering what everyone else thought of the first season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I'm only 4 episodes in, but loving it.  Is there really going to be a second season?  If so, when?  If this is a one-shot deal, I wonder why they bothered with episode format and just didn't make it into a movie.  I mean, most people will watch this in 1-2 binge sessions anyways. 

• Love 3

Impossible not to binge (especially as I've had a crush on Paul Rudd since Clueless), so I did, and loved it. Funny and thought provoking, really nailed marriage stuff, and the wedding dance was everything. I'd definitely watch a second season, but the ending works either way.

• Love 6

OK, so I binged the second half a few hours after my earlier post.  (It's what rainy Sunday afternoons are for, right?) 

Did I miss a time jump in the last scene/sequence?  Because,

Spoiler

How did Kate find out she was pregnant so fast?  I thought this was all happening in a week?  Or, are we supposed to just handwave it that in a world with cloning in an afternoon pregnancy is discovered within a few hours/days of having sex?

That little bit notwithstanding, I really liked the show.  I was truly convinced I was watching two separate people.  Paul Rudd did an excellent job with both characters.  But I'm fine with leaving it where it ended.  I don't need a season 2.

• Love 3

Well that was something!  But I may have to rewatch the last couple episodes; I was a little distracted and totally missed the thing referred to in the previous post's spoiler.

ETA:  whoops there's actually another episode. Carry on!

Edited by SoMuchTV

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it.

I watched it all in one day.

I told everyone in my family to watch it.  They didn't adore it like I did, though!

I thought Paul was just wonderful.  Been a fan of his since Clueless, and I met him once, and he was so nice/gracious/humble, so honestly, I'm proud of him!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

It’s hard for me to get in to series and movies, but “Living With Yourself” has TOTALLY and COMPLETELY intrigued me! It’s the perfect blend of emotions and has my feelings swaying in every direction as I watch from one Mile’s perspective to another. Just when I think I’ve got what’s happening next figured out the story takes a turn and has me glued! I’m feeling so many emotions and I LOVE it! Truly, I haven’t had a story capture me as this one has in quite some time.... It’s the perfect amount of bizarre yet so metaphorically relatable which is why I love it! 

I NEVER write reviews... and it’s hard to get me sucked in to something unless it’s really creative which is why I felt compelled to write a review because after watching the 8th episode I was so upset that was it! I wanted to watch what happened next and so I jumped on my phone and read that there were mixed reviews about whether or not the series would continue due to there not being much chatter about it online. Well, I heard an advertisement on Pandora for this series last week while studying (I’m an NP student and haven’t been able to get in to a good show since before nursing school - like 9 years ago!) and when I heard the ad I thought  hmmm that sounds interesting... I watched the first 3 episodes last night and couldn’t wait to watch more tonight and finished through episode 8 with so much anticipated excitement to find out when the next episodes plan to be released, but then felt my heart sink a little when I started reading that it may not continue. This story NEEDS to continue! I truly feel that if this series were aired on a higher platform it would appeal to a larger mass that may not have known about it otherwise and missing such an excellent and uniquely compelling story.

~ Jenn, Prescott, AZ ♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I binged-watched the whole series yesterday (Sunday afternoon/evening) and loved it.  At first, I thought it was like Multiplicity - but then it morphed into a whole different story line.  Paul Rudd did a great job of playing two people - I always knew who he was playing on screen.  It seemed to alternate between light/funny and much more dark/sinister, and played the nuances between the two very well.  I loved the wedding dance and all it meant to Kate/Old Miles - and watching New Miles secretly watch them revealed so much.  Some have said it's too predictable, but that was okay with me.  I had invested in the characters by the end, so the ending was very satisfying for me.  I really hope there's a second season - I'm anxious to see where they take the characters next.

• Love 1

I keep coming back here to see  more replies because this show is SO underrated. I could get into it all, but I agree with pretty much everything stated above. I really hope we get another season of this because I want to know what happens! But, I can see where this would be perfect as a one off. 

• Love 2
On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, MtLCL said:

I keep coming back here to see  more replies because this show is SO underrated. I could get into it all, but I agree with pretty much everything stated above. I really hope we get another season of this because I want to know what happens! But, I can see where this would be perfect as a one off. 

Why isn’t this being talked about more!!! Just finished it and it’s so thought provoking.

we can all identify with it because we all have a best version of ourselves and a worst version and fight that ALL. THE. TIME. And the best version is annoyed at the worst version that they’re not seeing themselves clearly. 

it almost felt like watching the same person in a depression and not in a depression. I feel like it’s helpful in understanding depression and mental illness. Like it makes you just a completely different person that Paul Rudd played so perfectly.

Really loved it! Fantastic. Glad I got to discover Aisling who was perfect as Kate.

• Love 3

Finished watching this today and enjoyed it for the most part.  I thought it did go a little too sinister in places, and I could see the ending coming, but still, it was a fun time with Paul Rudd.  Like @Dian12251, I thought it would end up like Multiplicity, but it did break away.

At first I thought Kate was going to be a side character, and I was relieved that as it went on they did show her perspective.

I thought they would go back at some point to the cloning tech and his daughter.  It seemed like there was more there.

I would be okay with this as a limited series.  I thought it wrapped up as well as it is likely to.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:46 PM, chaifan said:

Did I miss a time jump in the last scene/sequence?  Because,

The final episode is a month after the cloning.  It's hard to keep track because of the flashbacks.

• Love 1