Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Breathe Again

• Start Topic

I really liked this episode. Jo's scenes were fantastic, easily my favorite - Camilla has grown so much as an actress since she joined the show. She's really done some great work the past few seasons. I'm glad they didn't just send Jo to treatment offscreen and have her come back "healed". Coming back from depression is an ongoing struggle, and this was a nice way to give us a peak into her treatment and show us how she continues to work on herself. The last scene with her and Alex was great. I also enjoy the Bailey/Jo dynamic.

Very glad that Ben was happy about the baby announcement, but add me to the list of those who are concerned about the pregnancy. 

I'm not nearly as annoyed by Meredith's storyline as some here seem to be. She's... literally just being Meredith. GRANTED, that in itself can be frustrating, but I think it's very in-character to focus only on what she thinks is right (exposing issues in the medical community, staying by her daughter's side, etc.) while totally ignoring the consequences. She's always been reckless. I like that DeLuca is noticing it and struggling with it - his dad is wildly reckless, and he perhaps sees some of that in Mer now. I also like that Meredith has vocalized that, despite DeLuca being kind, and hot, and good with her kids, he may not be anything more than that. In that case, it probably isn't fair that she keeps him in a relationship. The one thing I miss is seeing Meredith in the OR. It feels very strange not having her operate for so many episodes in a row. The scene with the sisters was good, but Maggie needs to get the fuck over Jackson. 

I liked that Richard's scenes ended with him telling Gemma that her behaviour wasn't sober behaviour. I wonder if she's off the wagon or just really struggling. I wish he'd have just talked to his wife at the end of the episode, though. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

I really liked this episode. Jo's scenes were fantastic, easily my favorite - Camilla has grown so much as an actress since she joined the show. She's really done some great work the past few seasons. I'm glad they didn't just send Jo to treatment offscreen and have her come back "healed". Coming back from depression is an ongoing struggle, and this was a nice way to give us a peak into her treatment and show us how she continues to work on herself. The last scene with her and Alex was great. I also enjoy the Bailey/Jo dynamic.

Very glad that Ben was happy about the baby announcement, but add me to the list of those who are concerned about the pregnancy. 

I'm not nearly as annoyed by Meredith's storyline as some here seem to be. She's... literally just being Meredith. GRANTED, that in itself can be frustrating, but I think it's very in-character to focus only on what she thinks is right (exposing issues in the medical community, staying by her daughter's side, etc.) while totally ignoring the consequences. She's always been reckless. I like that DeLuca is noticing it and struggling with it - his dad is wildly reckless, and he perhaps sees some of that in Mer now. I also like that Meredith has vocalized that, despite DeLuca being kind, and hot, and good with her kids, he may not be anything more than that. In that case, it probably isn't fair that she keeps him in a relationship. The one thing I miss is seeing Meredith in the OR. It feels very strange not having her operate for so many episodes in a row. The scene with the sisters was good, but Maggie needs to get the fuck over Jackson. 

I liked that Richard's scenes ended with him telling Gemma that her behaviour wasn't sober behaviour. I wonder if she's off the wagon or just really struggling. I wish he'd have just talked to his wife at the end of the episode, though. 

Interesting idea tying Meredith’s behaviour to DeLuca’s dad and his behaviour.    I would love a story line where HE walks away from HER.   

• Love 15
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Interesting idea tying Meredith’s behaviour to DeLuca’s dad and his behaviour.    I would love a story line where HE walks away from HER.   

Has that ever happened that a man walked away from her?  For good, that is? 

• LOL 1

I think Bailey having Tucker after her 10th anniversary, was a surprise.     I think she thought she wouldn't have children.     Then when she thought she was going into menopause, and found out she's pregnant again, after all of these years, she would be surprised.    

I also liked Jo's story. Maybe best from her yet. The scene where she throws the balls with the doctor, and then breaks down was powerful. At least to me.

She can be annoying,but that was great.

Show, please let Koracic be this way, not the restraining-order-tv-star-jerk-guy

• Love 3

I was kinda hoping some interns would get all sassy with each other and salivate over who gets to operate on Zola. You know, the inappropriate way they behave when regular folks need help, without any regard that the families and the patients themselves are human beings and not freaks for them to play surgeon with. Then maybe Meredith would see what it’s like to be treated as a “case” and not as a person.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

I was kinda hoping some interns would get all sassy with each other and salivate over who gets to operate on Zola. You know, the inappropriate way they behave when regular folks need help, without any regard that the families and the patients themselves are human beings and not freaks for them to play surgeon with. Then maybe Meredith would see what it’s like to be treated as a “case” and not as a person.

Yes, and let's also have Meredith watching the surgeons laughing and talking about their sex lives as they're operating on Zola. 

• Love 12