Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Saints & Sinners

Bort
  • Start Topic

When a police officer shows up to the ER with an injured criminal that he caught in the act, it's up to the Chastain staff to keep him alive in order to save an innocent life. Nic gets roped into a surgical rotation with Cain that leaves her questioning the way he operates, and Conrad makes a shocking discovery about the hospital. Meanwhile, Bell pursues a new fiscal venture that may bring him into a whole new market.

Airdate: Tuesday, October 8, 2019

So...it looks like we're actually getting a negligent/criminal storyline with the dialysis patients all dying from pulmonary embolisms in six weeks, Jessie included? Well...I guess I shouldn't be shocked, but it also makes no sense as to why ANYONE would want to ever get treated at Chastain. At least Conrad was honest, so that's a plus for his relationship with Nic (though he didn't tell her that her father asked him to look into it and he just happened to stumble upon a potential case in favour of her sister). 

So, Cain sets his eyes on having Nic as his main nurse, but she doesn't seem to be so willing to work for him, and for good reason. I did enjoy Cain's dynamic with AJ. I think it's obvious how similar both men are, and how they really gravitated toward each other (especially since Mina wasn't in the episode, so AJ had to share scenes with somebody).

Bell is being Bell, it seems. I'm curious to see how his latest endeavour works out with his assistant's parents. 

• Love 3

Better than last week.  I am glad that the hostage was rescued, however dubious the means.

Oh, and doctor who pulls in 80 mill per year by being fine with unnecessary  Surgeries can be fired any time now.  What an evil man. 

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 4

"Meanwhile, Bell pursues a new fiscal venture that may bring him into a whole new market"   No, Bell just wants to capitalize and take credit for something he didn't think of to be "rich and famous" - or is that infamous, LOL.   The clueless dad, the "dirty" mom, and woefully ignorant son (Bell's assistant) - wasn't even a good scenario.  It made zero sense he would go to the assistant to ask his dad to contribute to this venture but guess I have to suspend belief on some things.   Maybe the writers are reading this board as they seem to have him returning to his unscrupulous ways.  But they're giving him a run with Dr. Cain--immoral, unethical and about as sleazy as Bell when it comes to patient care and money.   I don't really see the point of Dr. Cain as Bell was characterized this way in S1.  I hope the writers haven't run out of ideas already.

Connic - let's hope they can weather the storm of getting to the bottom of dialysis patients dying (unnecessarily) without damaging their relationship.   Raptor and Cain - we get it; they're both brilliant (and a bit egotistical) surgeons in their field.  The bragging/infighting was just silly and it was so obvious the patient was about to bleed out then saved by Raptor.  Guess I've seen Raptor mellow somewhat whereas Cain is just purely the bad guy here.   Nic should already know what she's getting into being part of his team (everyone knows how reckless and arrogant Cain is).

It's still early in the season but I can already see conflict brewing between Conrad and Devin.  I can understand professional/philosophical differences but I hope it doesn't become ridiculous between them.   For whatever reason, this season's start just hasn't wowed me and only hope it's better with each subsequent episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I loved the scene with Dr. #1, Dr. #2, and Dr. #3's obvious discomfort.  Though I doubt that kind of dick-measuring contest would be allowed in the scrub room.  You know, due to hygiene concerns.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Is going on a rant here, but Myasthenia gravis is not uncommon. If your eyes are drooping, you  can't swallow or at the end breath.  How do some us know more than doctors? Is wondering what medical schools are letting through. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, nokat said:

Is going on a rant here, but Myasthenia gravis is not uncommon. If your eyes are drooping, you  can't swallow or at the end breath.  How do some us know more than doctors? Is wondering what medical schools are letting through. 

Myasthenia gravis also isn't always detected through a blood test.

Google classifies it as rare - less than 200k cases a year in the US. 

Incidence rate/prevalence  is put at 12-14 cases per 100,000 people in teh US - https://myasthenia.org/For-Professionals/Clinical-Overview-of-MG

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1