Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: There’s No Fighting in Fight Club

Wow, did anyone watch the last episode?

Maybe someone who went to high school before 2000 can help me, but where cheerleaders ever expected to all of those things. like decorating the lockers and preparing game day dinner, for the Football players? I know you can't take it to seriously but I found it a little bit creepy and subservient what was expected of the cheerleaders.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, glo-unit said:

Maybe someone who went to high school before 2000 can help me, but where cheerleaders ever expected to all of those things. like decorating the lockers and preparing game day dinner, for the Football players? I know you can't take it to seriously but I found it a little bit creepy and subservient what was expected of the cheerleaders.

I was not a cheerleader back then (or ever), but it does seem to be a theme on other things I’ve watched where cheerleaders did bake things and decorate lockers. My daughter was an all-star cheerleader, so she didn’t have to do any of those things but it did make me laugh at the supposedly athlete level stunts they did. 

• Love 3

My school did have the cheerleaders decorate lockers for ALL the schools athletes, including their own! They didnt cook anything though, that I remember. I really dont know how they had time to actually work on routines. 

I love CBs adorable tie collection, and how excited the kids were when they got to see Glasscot and CB arguing with each other. "This is the best day ever."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, glo-unit said:

I've seen cheerleaders decorate lockers etc. but I haven't seen them cook for the players. I'm not saying that isn't done at some schools it's just that I haven't seen it.

It bugged me that they kept saying squash the beef instead of quash. I know it shouldn't bother me but it's just a pet peeve.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, glo-unit said:

I graduated in 2000 and our cheerleaders didn't do any of those things.  They made posters for upcoming games (football, basketball, etc) but that was it.  

Also, I've never heard of cheerleaders doing a halftime show at a high school.  That is a strictly marching band (including the flag core, drill team and twirlers) thing.  

• Love 2
On 4/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, Snapdragon said:

I graduated in 2000 and our cheerleaders didn't do any of those things.  They made posters for upcoming games (football, basketball, etc) but that was it.  

Also, I've never heard of cheerleaders doing a halftime show at a high school.  That is a strictly marching band (including the flag core, drill team and twirlers) thing.  

We had a Pom Pom Squad so they did all the half time shows.

• Love 1

I know nothing about what cheerleaders did. I was one of the freaks in high school. 

Continue to love Coach. He may have old fashioned ideas but when presented with evidence he'll change his mind. I wish there were more like him in the real world.

• Love 8