Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: I'll Be There for You

ohjoy

Overwhelmed by the love she has for Barry, Lainey wants Coach Mellor to have the same feelings for someone special, which proves challenging. Elsewhere, Principal Glascott is unsure how to handle difficult librarian Dr. Ness, and CB and Wilma disagree on what should be done with him.

Original air date: October 2, 2019

It looks like the students are going to take a back seat while this turns into a workplace comedy. The new teacher is like the anti-Lainey who deals with the Principal and CB. At the same time, Lainey seems to be the coach's life mentor.

The show is not quite the same as last season. Mellor is becoming more of a person, but Glascott and CB are caricatures. Plus, they seemed to run out of real-life interview segments.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ketose said:

The show is not quite the same as last season. Mellor is becoming more of a person, but Glascott and CB are caricatures. Plus, they seemed to run out of real-life interview segments

I thought Glascott showed some good growth in having the balls to fire the librarian and making the others clean up his office.                                                                                                                                                        I won't miss the real-life interviews. I think distancing the show from the Goldbergs would be an improvement. I hope they quit all the nostalgic movie crap too. Maybe then they'll have room for some more original plotlines.

• Love 3

"Your not even on the same show. She might be on Wings." 

I like the new teacher, but I think they had to make CB too much of a touch feelie type of teacher this season to contrast her. He was more of the "cool" teacher who "related to the kids yo" or whatever last season than a hippie "lets talk about our feelings" teacher. I do think she works as a good foil to Glascott though, he really did need to fire that librarian. Yeah it sucks to fire someone, but that guy was clearly shit as his job and refused to take any feedback, he needed to go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Eataton said:

I hope they quit all the nostalgic movie crap too. 

I will never stop being annoyed with this.  But to be fair, there was no "nostalgic movie crap" this episode.  Instead there was "nostalgic TV series crap" with Friends.  I think they said at the beginning "In the 90s, there was no TV show as popular as Friends", or something along those lines.  My reaction was what about Seinfeld?

Seems a little sad that Coach Mellor made Lainey his emergency contact.  He must not even have any family in the area.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 2:35 PM, cardigirl said:

New teacher bugs me.  More CB please, less new teacher. Ugh. 

This show was sweeter last year, with more character development.  I'm worried. 

I agree. It feels like something is missing this season. There's a missing ingredient that made last season better. I think they need more connecting with the students. Have the teachers learn from the students as well as the students learning from them.

I understood that everyone reacts differently but I really thought Wilma’s reaction to being uninvited to B2M was ridiculous. She had no connection to them and also understood that she was a backup invite. Laney could have handled it better but her trying to cut her off from in the way she did.