Heat of the Moment - Asia

Come Out and Play - 3 One Oh

Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tennille

Brass in Pocket - Pretenders

There's a Rumour - James Donald Davies

Private Eyes - Hall & Oates

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Thanks for all the clips. If show manages to keep this up its score will become as epic as SPN's (with a bit more variety). Now they just need to find their 'Carry On Wayward Son' - but please don't let it be the Proclaimers 😁

• Love 1

The cassette is maximum 45 minutes per side and cannot be ejected to flip over. So there could be roughly 15 songs per side. based on 3 minute average per song. Unless there are only 30 second clips in the mix, the tape will begin repeating before next season......

13 hours ago, paigow said:

The cassette is maximum 45 minutes per side and cannot be ejected to flip over. So there could be roughly 15 songs per side. based on 3 minute average per song. Unless there are only 30 second clips in the mix, the tape will begin repeating before next season......

I would keep watching the show just to see the moment when, for example, a short stop causes the tape to eject and another tape to dislodge from under one of the front seats, and then someone in one of the front seats pops that tape into the player (where it becomes “permanently” jammed) and we hear…? Maybe another decade?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 12:30 PM, paigow said:

Auto-reverse cassette players were pretty popular so it could have both sides available.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, paigow said:

I had a car from that era. It could play both sides of the cassette without ejecting. So that puts us at ~90 minutes of music, not 45. I also know there were C120 cassettes which would have played 120 minutes (60 minutes per side). And if the car was installed with a player like mine, it could play the whole 120 minutes forever without ever ejecting.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, Ghost 24 said:

I had a car from that era. It could play both sides of the cassette without ejecting. So that puts us at ~90 minutes of music, not 45. I also know there were C120 cassettes which would have played 120 minutes (60 minutes per side). And if the car was installed with a player like mine, it could play the whole 120 minutes forever without ever ejecting.

I thought it was an 8-track - which is continuous play, no ejecting required.