Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Graham Fought the Bones and the Bones Won

“Graham Fought the Bones and the Bones Won” – Will feels like everything is changing as Sophie returns home from camp a seemingly different person and as he loses out on being room parent to Douglas. Meanwhile, Miggy gets a new temp job at Angie’s law firm to help him earn more money to go toward Jack’s preschool costs, but he ends up discovering he may like the position more than anyone expected, on an all-new episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

I was happy to have the show back last week and generally liked the episode but this episode reminded me why it was my favorite new comedy last year. 

I thought all three stories were terrific.  Sophie's Space Camp (with a capital S) experience was funny and had a lot of meaning.

Miggy fitting into the office culture was unexpected and yet it still felt completely natural to the character.

But the funniest story was Will and Douglas's plan to make Will Room Parent again.  Watching the dinosaur fall and everyone run like it was Jurassic Park made me laugh out loud and I rarely do that while watching TV.

• Love 12

I loved Miggy' story.  Honestly, this is the first Miggy-centric story I really liked.  And I am so glad he found his work-tribe. It was my favorite of the storylines.

Not gonna lie, that Lance Bass Space Camp mass casualty simulation cracked me the hell up.  I'd sign up for that myself.

Douglas as classroom parent has really good potential.

Miss Pronstroller's (?) whole schtick is amusing as was her "non-bianry life givers" line. 

• Love 9

Lance Bass Space Camp will never stop being hilarious to me. The mass casualty simulation with all of the dead simulated kids was just the right kind of dark and ridiculous. 

I hate seeing a museum messed up, but I admit to laughing pretty hard at everyone running in terror from the dinosaur bones, Jurassic Park style. It was also fun to have a Will and Douglas plot, they dont normally have a lot lot of stories just the two of them. 

I loved Miggy fitting into office culture, I can totally buy that. He is such a happy positive person, I feel like he would enjoy mindless pleasantries and lame workplace workshops and get togethers. I also totally get the feeling that you have to hate something just because your friend hates it from time to time, especially is they really like snarking about it, you can kind of feel like you have to go along with it. 

• Love 8

Such a bad plan, Douglas! 

Yeah, I'm definitely shipping Will and Angie, but this ex situation should make for some interesting times, lol.

Lance Bass Space Camp, Office Miggy, Douglas and the twins, Will and Sophie, all good stuff. Great to have this show back.

• Love 2