Type keyword(s) to search

Ohiopirate02

61.7k Excellent

2 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Lord Vegetarian withdrew his suit and Colin is not hurting for money. Portia would never refuse Colin. She needs all three of her girls married to respectable men in order for one of them to produce the male heir who will inherit the Featherington estate. Or if that lawyer from episode one realizes the will is forged, then all three Featherington girls are married with husbands that can support them plus Portia. She would lose her home, but Portia is a survivor who would make the best out of splitting her time between married daughters.
  2. And every single time I have to dodge the idiots who stop in the middle of the walkway to check their phone or chat. I don't know what it is about airports, but as soon as people walk through those doors they lose all common sense. And don't get me started on trying to run to the bathroom in that 30 minutes especially during the holidays. I do not understand why it always falls to the moms to take their sons to the bathroom when dad is right there. There will be a line out the door to the ladies room while the men can just waltz right on in.
  3. I believe there was a reference to them last season.
  4. I was joking there a bit. In NC, we have two fast food chains where even the worst location of the chain will still result in a decent meal--Bojangles and Cook Out. I am an adventurous eater within reason and airports are the one place where I am going to with fast food every time. I know the Charlotte Douglas Bojangles is more expensive than my local one and that it will not be as good as them, but there is little chance the food will be inedible or give me food poisoning. Of course, whenever I fly into Charlotte I rarely have a long enough layover to truly contemplate my food choices. And I will always have to go through Terminal E.
  5. AFAIK there is only one decent recent restaurant in the Charlotte airport, and one simply does not look at the nutritional information at a Bojangles. You get your Supreme dinner with fries, a biscuit, and your dipping sauce of choice and go on your merry little way to enjoy either at your gate or in those rocking chairs by Terminal E. If you really must mind your sodium or calories, then don't eat the fries they really are not all that good anyway. The dirty rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, Cajun pintos, and mac and cheese are all better than their fries, but they are not always the best option at an airport.
  6. When Boden and "evil" paramedic chief were eyeing each other in the hallway at HQ, I was getting some Brooklyn 99 flashbacks to Holt and Wunch. I wish Boden would have busted out some of Holt's insults to make this predictable plot more entertaining. Or actually see how said evil paramedic chief was going to run CFD into the ground besides her not taking Violet's entitlement and disrespect. Unless I missed a scene in the last few episodes that proved our heroes right, that's always a possibility.
  7. There is nothing worse than a think piece where the author wants a work of art to be something it was never designed to be.
  8. That's because the coven executes Claudia for "killing" Lestat. Louis is spared this fate due to Armand working overtime to save him. Louis's memory block should get explored in upcoming episodes along with those missing pages from Claudia's journals. He is either choosing to forget what happens to Claudia or Armand has done something to his memory.
  9. This is keeping with type of romance novel character he is--the honorable suitor who's only flaw is that he is not the hero of the story. If this wasn't based on established source material, I would expect him to show up in a later season and get his HEA.
  10. It is exactly that. I mentioned in my post the fact that current historical romance writers are no longer writing 17 year old heroines like they did 20+ years ago. Age gaps are still a thing, but not adult male seeking teenaged female. It's man in his 30s and a women in her 20s age gap or both characters are in their 20s.
  11. I'm finding I really do not care for Colin. There's no there there when it comes to him which I blame on the writers. An actor can only do so much when the writers have not bothered to give a character a backstory or talents or inner turmoil for whatever reason. I don't necessarily need Colin to have similar angst to Simon or Antony, but he needs to be able to exist outside of Bridgerton child #3 and Pen's love interest. He's on the canvas because the source material demands it, not because he's an interesting character in his own right.
  12. Chef Boyardee was authentic Italian American food at least when the company was first founded. There really was a Chef Boyardee with a decent pedigree. He was the head chef at the Plaza Hotel in NYC before moving to Cleveland and opening up his own restaurant. My maternal grandparents are buried in the same cemetery as him (not a flex, the cemetery is huge and is the final resting place to the vast majority of Catholics living on the east side of Cleveland).
  13. Is that a brandy old fashioned sweet or sour? Never been to Wisconsin, but I am curious to know how those taste especially with some of the garnishes I see people put in them like olives. Olives belong in dirty martinis and bloody marys not old fashioneds. Though I make my old fashioneds the way nature intended with a good bourbon.
  14. I don't mind seeing Francesca and her first husband. They may not be endgame, but it would be odd to not show it.
  15. I'm sure back in 2019 when the show was being cast the producers considered the ages of the actors for the characters that would potentially be in all 8 seasons. But, those characters were always going to be the adult adult characters like Violet, Lady Danbury, Queen Charlotte, Portia Featherington, etc. There would have been no way of knowing how long it would take in between seasons to produce each one nor that there was going to be a worldwide pandemic. When the show was initially cast, I don't think the showrunners thought it would take 5 years to produce 3 seasons. They may have thought about the age of someone like Claudia Jessie being able to play Eloise as a young woman in her 20s when they finally got around to her season. Or they decided on the best actor for the part and if they did not "look young enough" for the role 5 plus years later, then so what. And some of these characters were never going to be in all 8 seasons or however many seasons Netflix chooses to greenlight. Come season 4, Cressida may not even be on the canvas anymore. I personally do not mind actresses in their 30s playing these roles. I read enough romance to know how young the characters are written, but I don't mind the show aging them up. I do it in my head all the time. In my mind, the 17 year old heroine of whatever historical romance I am reading is 24. Though I do appreciate the overall aging up of heroines in historical romance in general. Those 17 year olds are not as common as they once were.