Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation, and Stabs in the Dark!

• Start Topic

I would like to see the last 6-7 episodes (and i think they should "call it" at 11, and work toward the end of the series in the last season) follow several transitions; maybe Rossi retires to begin it; then Morgan, if he's still there, takes that job in NY; Reid finds love and marries and transitions to instruction in the FBI, while being a consultant for the BAU; Garcia gets pregnant and marries Sam and goes off somewhere, far, far away; and Hotch becomes Section Chief and is happier somehow. Maybe the whole unit disbands, or the remainders go off and make their own unit, like Kate is Unit chief or something, off in the sunset. The only one I don't want taking over or becoming head of anything is JJ. 

• Love 3

I would like to see the last 6-7 episodes (and i think they should "call it" at 11, and work toward the end of the series in the last season) follow several transitions; maybe Rossi retires to begin it; then Morgan, if he's still there, takes that job in NY; Reid finds love and marries and transitions to instruction in the FBI, while being a consultant for the BAU; Garcia gets pregnant and marries Sam and goes off somewhere, far, far away; and Hotch becomes Section Chief and is happier somehow. Maybe the whole unit disbands, or the remainders go off and make their own unit, like Kate is Unit chief or something, off in the sunset. The only one I don't want taking over or becoming head of anything is JJ.

I like those ideas, Normasm.  But, if the team disbands, I think I'd like to see Hotch get out of the FBI altogether.  He needs to leave his demons behind.  Maybe he can take a position with The Innocence Project, or something of that sort.  Something of a crusade, but without all the unsubs.

Reid as an instructor---I can see it.  I'd definitely love to see him happy. I'd especially love to see him become a father. 

Kate and JJ can remain with the team, as long as JJ has a spectacular breakup with Will first.  Rossi to retirement, Morgan to NYC---all good.  It would be fitting (and bizarre)  if Garcia decided to move to NYC with Sam, wouldn't it?

Now I'm beginning to wonder if it might be interesting to have the final episode take place from the point of view of a reunion of sorts, maybe a decade or so down the road. 

But, if the past few years are any indication, I fear the series will actually end in some sort of 'spectacular, fiery, explosion' (in the dark).

• Love 3

I like those ideas, Normasm.  But, if the team disbands, I think I'd like to see Hotch get out of the FBI altogether.  He needs to leave his demons behind.  Maybe he can take a position with The Innocence Project, or something of that sort.  Something of a crusade, but without all the unsubs.

Reid as an instructor---I can see it.  I'd definitely love to see him happy. I'd especially love to see him become a father. 

Kate and JJ can remain with the team, as long as JJ has a spectacular breakup with Will first.  Rossi to retirement, Morgan to NYC---all good.  It would be fitting (and bizarre)  if Garcia decided to move to NYC with Sam, wouldn't it?

Now I'm beginning to wonder if it might be interesting to have the final episode take place from the point of view of a reunion of sorts, maybe a decade or so down the road. 

But, if the past few years are any indication, I fear the series will actually end in some sort of 'spectacular, fiery, explosion' (in the dark).

I like your idea of the Ten Years On scenario, but I think this crew of writers would make it soooooooooo corny we'd die of diabetic shock. Plus, the makeup department isn't up to aging the characters well, even 10 years. Still, i love your idea of Hotch retiring to do that kind of work, which would lift rather than drag his soul.

• Love 2

I tell ya what JMO, why don't you write the Ten Years On scenario, we know they read fan fiction, maybe this will show them how an artful end could be for our show….. And even if they didn't, we would have your good writing and character development to enjoy.

• Love 3

I tell ya what JMO, why don't you write the Ten Years On scenario, we know they read fan fiction, maybe this will show them how an artful end could be for our show….. And even if they didn't, we would have your good writing and character development to enjoy.

I second the motion!

• Love 3

I think I would like to see it be sort of like just another case where they continue on business as usual but that each member is happy with where they are in life. I like the idea of thinking that they continue on even though the series ends.

• Love 5

Although I do like stories where there's a satisfying resolution for the characters involved, I don't trust these chuckleheads to do anything but cheesy marriage and children conclusions.  There are a lot of different paths to happiness, and not everyone's path takes them to the altar and/or the maternity ward.

I would rather think that the BAU will still out there, still going, even after the series ends.   It would be fitting, since this team was working before the series started (at least three years, if I remember correctly).      

• Love 4

Although I do like stories where there's a satisfying resolution for the characters involved, I don't trust these chuckleheads to do anything but cheesy marriage and children conclusions. There are a lot of different paths to happiness, and not everyone's path takes them to the altar and/or the maternity ward.

I would rather think that the BAU will still out there, still going, even after the series ends. It would be fitting, since this team was working before the series started (at least three years, if I remember correctly).

I'd prefer that ending too, with the BAU still out there. Apparently it's how Angel ended, to symbolize "the fight never ends"- I'd like that kind of resolution, because the BAU's fight never ends, but I'd want it to be reassuring too- the BAU's fight may never be over, but at least here's some fighters you can count on.

Although I'd have to agree with the other part of your post- knowing the chuckleheads (nice name for them), we'll get some knockoff of Die Hard and maybe a bit of Saw where each agent is picked off one by one with the case being solved by the local detective or some other agent the show brings in for the final show, just so the new blood can start the BAU- or something different- all over again.

*sigh*

• Love 1

Good! And I hope it remains that way forever. Not only did I find Dylan Einstein to be a singularly uninteresting character as a potential love interest for Reid, Rick didn't even write anything that would support bringing her back in that capacity. Why would either of them contact the other?

Will Dylan Einstein return to Criminal Minds? –Emilie
Alas, I am told that at this time no encore has been booked for the flirty forensics whiz (played by guest star Candace Hammer).

http://tvline.com/2015/02/16/good-wife-season-6-spoilers-alicia-kalinda/

• Love 5

I just want a Reid romance, and more screen time! Please, writers, throw me a freakin' bone! They win! I'm no longer picky; I'm desperate!

Don't be desperate!!! Hold strong. Demand quality for Reid. Don't allow the writers and CBS to throw scraps at Reid and Reid fans who want to see him experience mutual love. He, and frankly WE, deserve better. Remember, it is better for Reid to be alone than for him to be in a crappy relationship with a poorly written or incompatible character. And that is good advice in real life as well. :) :) :) 

She was supposed to be "flirty"? 

If Dylan was supposed to be flirty, she was flirty with not just Reid, but Rossi and Morgan. Basically she spoke in the same manner to all three men. It's not like she gave Reid any sort of special attention or indicated interest (nor again, did Reid indicate interest in her). 

• Love 6

Don't be desperate!!! Hold strong. Demand quality for Reid. Don't allow the writers and CBS to throw scraps at Reid and Reid fans who want to see him experience mutual love. He, and frankly WE, deserve better. Remember, it is better for Reid to be alone than for him to be in a crappy relationship with a poorly written or incompatible character. And that is good advice in real life as well. :) :) :) 

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!emojiiiiiiiiiiiiz

• Love 3

But would it REALLY make you happy if Reid is in a relationship with just anyone, just to be in a relationship, even if there is no indication of compatibility or with a poorly written character or relationship? I mean if you are that hellbent on Reid being in a relationship, you can just make up your own fantasy relationship for Reid and not wait for the writers to concoct one.

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 3

Droogie said: "But how much time is left?! Therein lies my problem. If the series ends and he is still alone, I am going to hate it so much."

I sympathize, Droogie. But the only way they can send Reid happily off into the sunset with a character like, say, Einstein, is to write an out-of-character Reid. Not that some of the writers aren't expert in making our favorite genius look OOC----but I wouldn't want to give them permission to do so. If I had to, I'd rather end the series thinking that his perfect match was just beyond the horizon.

• Love 5

But would it REALLY make you happy if Reid is in a relationship with just anyone, just to be in a relationship, even if there is no indication of compatibility or with a poorly written character or relationship? I mean if you are that hellbent on Reid being in a relationship, you can just make up your own fantasy relationship for Reid and not wait for the writers to concoct one.

I just need you guys to keep talking me down,

Droogie said: "But how much time is left?! Therein lies my problem. If the series ends and he is still alone, I am going to hate it so much."

I sympathize, Droogie. But the only way they can send Reid happily off into the sunset with a character like, say, Einstein, is to write an out-of-character Reid. Not that some of the writers aren't expert in making our favorite genius look OOC----but I wouldn't want to give them permission to do so. If I had to, I'd rather end the series thinking that his perfect match was just beyond the horizon.

You are right, as usual. I'm weak; what can I say?

• Love 3

But how much time is left?! Therein lies my problem. If the series ends and he is still alone, I am going to hate it so much.

I just need you guys to keep talking me down,

I also feel your pain, Droogie, but ForeverAlone is right. That's one of the reasons I jumped into fanfic with both feet, so I can be part of creating the happiness that Spencer deserves.

• Love 4

I am looking forward to his guest starring on the show.

LOL. I've always loved that scene from the MTM show where Lou tells Mary that she's got spunk.

And Mary gets kind of embarrassed about it. And doesn't really know how to respond because she thinks her boss is paying her a compliment.

That is until he says "I HATE SPUNK"

• Love 3

So Harry Bring had this to say when a fan asked about season 11

"Negotiations Ongoing". "Should get another season but some reason for caution". "It will be a late notification for sure"

• Love 2

So Harry Bring had this to say when a fan asked about season 11

"Negotiations Ongoing". "Should get another season but some reason for caution". "It will be a late notification for sure"

Contract negotiations must be a mammoth task this year! This could go right to the wire. I wonder if Shemar really does intend leaving. Speculating over renewal or not, who stays and who goes - it's more suspenseful than many recent episodes!

• Love 5

I think if CBS is smart, S11 becomes a done deal. They got burned once on a spinoff so I'm sure they don't want to get burned again, so they're obliged to keep CM on the air in case the spinoff tanks.

Of course, they could get gutsy and make CM end at S10, because they really do believe in the spinoff...but if that gamble fails, they'll need to find another moneymaker at Wednesday at 9PM and we know those aren't easy to find.

• Love 5

In this case, it isn't as simple as CBS believing in the spinoff. Pretty much anyone of significance on the show needs a new contract. Assuming Erica is staying in as showrunner, her new contract needs to be signed first. Then of course they need to sign the actor contracts. If there is actual caution on these negotiations, it is rather fascinating and I wonder what is driving it. Maybe production costs are reaching the upper limit of what CBS is willing to pay.

I'm fairly confident it'll get picked up. It's still one of the network's highest rated dramas and the newer dramas aren't blowing anyone away ratings wise. The CBS dramas that are most in danger are Hawaii Five-0, CSI, Person of Interest, and maybe The Good Wife. There's also the fact that CM brings in some pretty good money through syndication. I think it'll really come down to whether or not the actors will want to come back and honestly it's not as if any of them are in terribly high demand elsewhere so I'd be surprised if any of them left (except maybe Shemar). It'll be interesting to see what the ratings look like next week once it no longer has to go head to head with Empire.

• Love 1

I'm fairly confident it'll get picked up. It's still one of the network's highest rated dramas and the newer dramas aren't blowing anyone away ratings wise. The CBS dramas that are most in danger are Hawaii Five-0, CSI, Person of Interest, and maybe The Good Wife. There's also the fact that CM brings in some pretty good money through syndication. I think it'll really come down to whether or not the actors will want to come back and honestly it's not as if any of them are in terribly high demand elsewhere so I'd be surprised if any of them left (except maybe Shemar). It'll be interesting to see what the ratings look like next week once it no longer has to go head to head with Empire.

Well the original CSI has pretty much been canceled. It was given a short season order and was pulled from the Spring schedule.Unfortunately Battle Creek the show that replaced it is pretty much DOA. Same with Stalker it too was pulled from the Spring schedule and replaced with CSI Cyber.

Blue Bloods might be in danger too given the fact that when it comes to the all important demo it is pretty much in the same boat as Hawaii Five-0.However when it comes to the overall viewership Blue Bloods does much better than Five-0. So that could certainly be a fact in its favor.

Edited by missmycat

Well the original CSI has pretty much been canceled. It was given a short season order and was pulled from the Spring schedule.Unfortunately Battle Creek the show that replaced it is pretty much DOA. Same with Stalker it too was pulled from the Spring schedule and replaced with CSI Cyber.

Blue Bloods might be in danger too given the fact that when it comes to the all important demo it is pretty much in the same boat as Hawaii Five-0.However when it comes to the overall viewership Blue Bloods does much better than Five-0. So that could certainly be a fact in its favor.

Yea like I said the new dramas have been pretty disappointing, which is great news for CM. What's worse for the network is that the new shows that actually did get an early pickup for next season are doing not so great in the 18-49 demo in recent weeks. Again, all good news for this show.

• Love 1

Okay I will admit that Harry's tweet has me a bit confused. It tells me that tptb are at least interested in bringing the show back.

But if that is indeed the case, Why the bleep didn't they go ahead and secure MGG's return when they had a chance way back when he first renewed his contract.Now maybe they did. However there are signs that say otherwise. Such as the fact that unlike last time there wasn't anything in the press regarding his contract. And add to that fact both Harry Bring and AJ Cook confirming that the entire cast is up for renewal.

Edited by missmycat

Yea like I said the new dramas have been pretty disappointing, which is great news for CM. What's worse for the network is that the new shows that actually did get an early pickup for next season are doing not so great in the 18-49 demo in recent weeks. Again, all good news for this show.

Yeah I hated the fact that CM got a 1.9 with a couple of it's episodes. But than again CSI premiered with a 1.8 and that was considered to be really good.

I also agree Empire going on hiatus should help CM's ratings. As a matter of fact it managed to get a 2.1 this last episode despite the fact it had been preempted due to basketball in several of the CBS markets. And I am certain it was in part Modern Family was a rerun and Blackish not having shown a regular episode.

Indeed I find myself wondering if CBS might be thinking that perhaps they might have jumped the gun a bit renewing Madame Secretary so soon. And the same could be said about NCIS:New Orleans. Yes both shows are doing rather well viewership wise. But not so much in the demo. New Orleans only managed to garner a 1.6 in its last original episode. Now it's true that it is competing against the Voice right now. Still, I don't remember LA ever going that low in the demo when it was in the same position. That being said I do like New Orleans and I'm glad it will be returning next season.

• Love 1

Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't reflect badly on CM. I do think the fact that their 2 major female stars are pregnant at the same time is a potential problem, they may have had to refilm some sequences in light of a pregnant agent or two.

I am so worried that TPTB suddenly "need" the spinoff because they anticipate CM being cancelled because TG/SM don't sign, or else it is not picked up for S11 (the thinking being that the spinoff would be cheaper than continuing CM).

It's also possible that the re-shoots had to do with something being very inconsistent between scenes (in terms of people positioning/lighting/clothing) or something. Or maybe CBS was not happy with how some of the line delivery was done and wanted things done again. They may have wanted more or less exposition in a scene. Not really sure.

Well, Criminal Minds is likely to get renewed, but even if it wasn't, Erica doesn't seem like the type to go to the media and say anything different. But I also tend to roll my eyes at anything she says, unless I see it for myself on the screen, because she has a huge tendency to overstate things and promise things she either can't or likely has no intention of delivering.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh yeah, he is getting shafted (and not in the way many Reid fans want him to be shafted) for the the rest of the season . Her whole statement about Reid's love life seemed like more of the same placating copouts she gives when she is asked about story ideas they likely have no serious intention of pursuing, but she is unwilling to say so. I mean, when in the history of this show have the writers and producers waited for fan reaction to dictate a relationship? Never. In every instance I can think of, they started and in some cases ended, character relationships because THEY (i.e. the writers and producers) wanted to, not because fan reaction compelled them to do it. So the fact that Erica demurred about a possible relationship for Reid, is because they had no intention of pursuing a relationship for Reid and that was just a one off character appearance like we have seen in the past with Reid, but rather than say that and risk pissing off Reid fans (who have become more vocal and are rather passionate and numerous), she insteads says that they will consider exploring that possibility in season 11. It is the same sort of tap dance/placating she uses whenever the possibility of Jane Lynch making another appearance comes up. Of course in that situation, she blames Glee, even though Jane has managed to guest star on other shows and host her own game show at the same time she was filming Glee. But even if this show does have a season 11, I'll believe they will pursue such a story for Reid when I see it.

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 5

Well, Criminal Minds is likely to get renewed, but even if it wasn't, Erica doesn't seem like the type to go to the media and say anything different. But I also tend to roll my eyes at anything she says, unless I see it for myself on the screen, because she has a huge tendency to overstate things and promise things she either can't or likely has no intention of delivering.

Erica, I think, is someone who acts as if she's saying something when really she isn't. Of course, many showrunners play coy about what's coming up because they don't want to actually give anything away, but Messer seems to have woken up to the fact that many Reid fans are highly aggravated about how little attention he's gotten. She can't say she has no interest in Reid pursuing a relationship because that would piss people off, but I do feel toyed with when she says things like, 'This season is already mapped out (ha), but maybe next year. Just be patient.' As if I/we haven't already been damned patient.

• Love 6