Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Death by Design (Waller County, TX)

I'm no lawyer, but I was surprised that the state wanted to take the case to the grand jury. I definitely think the husband did it, especially when the car was found at the mall three months later. Clearly, only people that knew her, knew that she was going there and it was also clear that she most likely never made it there as mall security tows cars at least every few days. It's just that all the evidence was circumstantial and there wasn't even a drunken confession to a friend or the son. They did have the ex girlfriend saying that he strangled her so that might have helped a lot. I guess before DNA most cases were circumstantial and people were convicted all the time. This seems like one of those cases that a jury would believe him to be guilty but not feel comfortable convicting him because of lack of evidence.

I agree. I don't think I would be able to convict him though I think it's likely he did it. Did they ever figure out where his money came from? They kept bringing it up, the wife had no idea how he really made his money told her friend as much but I don't remember them ever saying what he did. I watch way too many scripted crime dramas because I thought that was going to go somewhere. I should know that IRL it's usually the spouse, lover or some family member or such.

Aren't bankruptcy filings public record? Seems to me that's something they should be able to track down. Maybe they did, and it didn't make it on-air. Same with the fabric story -- a company like Swarovski would have records (to thwart knockoffs), and I bet that'd be a fun line of inquiry to dig down into. And I bet there was a whole pile of stuff in the interview with Hubby that made it into the DA's folder but not to air.

Flaw in the case? No JohnnyBonds (which is always one word).

• Love 1

Flaw in the case? No JohnnyBonds (which is always one word).

Don't know about anyone else, but if I saw JohnnyBonds coming at me with a notebook, I'd go ahead and confess, whether I did it or not.

• Love 4

I just saw this episode.  The husband really came off as guilty.  I wanted to see what he looked like today.  I also was curious what he did for money now and if he was remarried.  His wife is missing for 4 weeks and he doesn't inquire with her parents if they have heard from her.  Unbelievable.