Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Fixer

Did I miss something?  The season ends with Jessica telling Bobby that she is done after the McGann/Nick fix.  Yeah, so?  I wanted to know what happens with Nick and the gun, especially since they made such a deal of showing him put five bullets on the table.  You would think Jessica would have been smart enough to notice that, also.

Novak telling the homeless people to vote him out in the next election if he doesn't have a solution to the problem.  Because, homeless people are such a power bloc in Chicago politics.  More importantly, it's a wonder that none of the press saw the 'in your face' confrontation between him and McGann at the groundbreaking.  Even if they couldn't hear the words, anyone who saw that would have been asking questions about McGann's 'donation' of the empty apartment buildings. 

Too bad Chicago Justice got canceled.  Lots of storylines for them next season.

• Love 1

I don't get why Jessica didn't just walk away before the shit hit the fan with FBI. Oh well, if she had, the show would be over. Farewell, Jeff. 

I understand Nick feeling guilty for his part in the murder and not wanting to take down Bobby, but his willingness to go to prison without a fight is ridiculous. 

If the show comes back, I am sure that Keri will be back in City Hall, but I hope she is given more to do than being Bobby's bed mate.

Were we supposed to respect or admire Bobby's speech? Because I just can't get there. He is an ass, end of.

Angela, the most annoying person on the planet. She will be hysterical as an Alderman. Unwilling to compromise on any issue. She deserves it.

• Love 1

I am confused.  I wasn't surprised that Bobby was there the night of Diehl's death.  I'm not even surprised that he's capable of murder.  What I don't get is this so-called misdirection for the sake of plot twist.  We were shown Nick confessing to a priest about murdering Diehl - a scene that was entirely unnecessary given this "revelation." Although I gotta say - if the argument is that Nick was too small to beat a 220 lb man to death, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to believe Bobby the toothpick is that much stronger. 

As for Jessica and the Feds, I don't understand why she was under surveillance.  If it had to do with that file that Jeff stole, then that's nothing to do with her.  If it had to do with the death of that man from the file, that still had nothing to do with her as it happened before she joined the mayor's office.  Is Bobby under surveillance as well?   

Also, Jessica likes the thrill of being the biggest, baddest operator there is, apparently.  Yet she's threatening to quit on Bobby after the McGann stuff because...?    

Then there was the final scene between Stephanie and Bobby.  Apparently, the show forgot that they established the two of them were separated at least five years ago.  Before Bobby and Keri got involved. So they were clearly having issues then.  This bullshit about Stephanie believing in Bobby all this time or whatever. Please spare me, and just leave the man. 

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Novak telling the homeless people to vote him out in the next election if he doesn't have a solution to the problem.  Because, homeless people are such a power bloc in Chicago politics. 

This was so patently absurd.  Angela has been railing and sabotaging herself, her family, and the neighbors, all because she wanted the mayor to make an empty promise? With Jessica's deal, everyone could have been put up in decent housing, rent-free, for a YEAR.  She let that Carlos dude talk her and them out of it; he quickly disappeared.  Then the mayor came up with a deal to put them up for 3 months.  She turned that down.  But she finally capitulates because of some half-ass speech that guaranteed NOTHING? Only a promise that they can vote him out if he doesn't deliver? The same speech where the mayor admitted that politicians make promises they don't deliver on to get elected and re-elected.  Girl, what?  

I'm so glad Derrick quit. I was sick of Bobby's "I'm not racist, but I treat you like my lapdog" attitude towards him.        

• Love 2

Things have slowly progressed over the season. Nick is now spending the night at Jessica's, and Jessica and Keri are becoming friends. Lol, I'm betting eventually Nick and Jessica will get married and Keri will be the maid of honor. 🙄

Crap, I was hoping Nick had killed McGann.

Of course Jeff shows up by surprise while Nick is nekkid and wet in Jessica's apartment.

Apparently Derrick never heard of #metoo. I'm thinking he might want to stop being so aggressive with Yoli before she gets fed up and turns on him hard.

It doesn't look to me like this show is coming back for a second season. Gina Torres put out a tweet yesterday evening that sounded like this was the show finale. Hmmm.

While I feel bad for the actors if the show isn't renewed, I think that it was badly written show that didn't give Gina Torres strong material. I have always wanted her to join The Walking Dead. She would be outstanding on anyone of those shows and it would raise the quality.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Of course Jeff shows up by surprise while Nick is nekkid and wet in Jessica's apartment.

I think Nick was fully clothed when Jeff found him. 

15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

While I feel bad for the actors if the show isn't renewed, I think that it was badly written show that didn't give Gina Torres strong material.

Agreed.  She deserved better writing, as did most of the cast.  

Nick is now spending the night at Jessica's,

I chuckled when he asked to take a shower there. Dude was looking for a reason to hang around, lol. 

Apparently Derrick never heard of #metoo. I'm thinking he might want to stop being so aggressive with Yoli before she gets fed up and turns on him hard.

At first, I was like, "When did this happen?" Then I remembered that I've been FF through any Yoli scenes (unless she's interacting with Jessica) for several episodes.     

• Love 2

I think Nick was fully clothed when Jeff found him. 

Yes, he was. However, when Jeff first arrived at the building Nick was in the shower. Jeff got headed off at the pass by the feds so he didn't get to go upstairs to the apartment until later. Had the feds not shown up Jeff likely would've gotten an eyeful of Nick in a much more compromising position.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yoli was the one who initiated the kiss - at work.  I guess #metoo only pertains to when a man makes an advance on a woman and not the other way around.

To me, it seems like Derrick just wanted to talk about what happened.  I can hardly call that aggressive