Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.99422545a854a445230ebaa5453c9048.png

From CBS.com

Elaine Stott

Biography

Hometown: Woodbine, Kentucky
Current residence: Rockholds, Kentucky

Hobbies: Four-wheeling, fishing, and taking my boat to the lake.

Pet peeves: Guys who think women aren't their equals, girls who think they need to use their body to get ahead, and people who think their s*** don't stink!

Three words to describe you: Independent, stubborn, and kind.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Stepping up and taking care of my loved ones when they needed me. I took care of my grandpa who helped raise me when he got sick until he passed. My godmother lost her daughter and her husband, then had a stroke all within eight months. I was all she had to get through everything. My mom recently was in a coma and on life support. For months, she fought to get stronger and relearn everything. I was by her side the whole time. The plan was for her to come live with me afterwards so I could take care of her. Unfortunately, she passed away from complications before that could happen. To some, stuff like that may not be an accomplishment, but to me that's the only stuff that matters. I'm proud to be that kind of person.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My godmother. She took me in when I was young, and treated me like her own ever since. She is the strongest woman I know. She is kind, caring and very loving, even though she has suffered a great deal over the past few years. She's awesome.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
People think I am a real hard ass but I am actually a big softy.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
I think I am most like Rupert, rough and raw on the outside, and a big marshmallow on the inside. He seemed to be a very kind person just like me.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I think people will underestimate me. I think with my people skills and my ability to relate to different types of people, I will be able to befriend them or gain their trust. I would be overlooked because I wouldn't be a threat, but an ally.

2 hours ago, plurie said:

Was she fake crying or did she really think she'd get voted out? If the former, that was impressively believable, and props to her. If the latter, ugh!

Good question.  I started to like her during the show.  But, in her RHAP interview with Josh Wigler, I got this sense that she makes up or exaggerates her sob stories.  She reminds me a bit of a friend I used to have, who turned out to be a pathological liar, who made up all sorts of personal and family struggles, as well as accomplishments, famous people he knew and projects he was working on.   

Part of it was the way she so casually spoke about those things without showing any emotion. 

The fact that she so convincingly lied to Ronnie and fooled the poker player, while sniffing out his lie immediately, reinforces that suspicion in me.  Nevertheless, I like her.  

• Love 4

I love her, but I can't say Ronnie didn't make a good argument about getting rid of her.  I'm just glad his plan failed.

I do agree that there did seem to be something calculated about her approach to the game.  I think she was laying on a little thick about being the naive country bumpkin who just shoots out nothing but good vibes.  Elaine is someone I'm keeping my eye on.  I was impressed how she played Ronnie, and how she went right up to his group when they were talking and said she heard her name floating around, but did so in a less confrontational way than some castaways have done in the past.

• Love 5

Hats off to @LadyChatts, who tagged Elaine last September as a Sia award winner.  Good call!

I first noticed Elaine because I have never in my life seen a woman stroll around wearing pants/shorts/swimsuit snugged up under her gut.  I've seen it with ~2.4 million guys, yes, but never a woman.  I found that particular lack of self-consciousness very refreshing.

She might have punched that "aw shucks" folksy button a little too hard, but it was her niche in the game and I thought it was basically genuine.  I think it would have been deeply satisfying if we'd watched Elaine go back to Kentucky with a million dollars in her pocket and kiss that factory job goodbye.

And then finally, I was proud of her for showing up at the reunion without six pounds of makeup spackled on.  I was able to recognize her right off the bat.   (You'd think 39 seasons of Survivor Live Reunion shows would make people stop and think about makeup and women's natural beauty.)

Anyway, I loved seeing Elaine's little face perk up when Probst announced her name, and then crumple when the figure was named.  Good for you, Elaine.

• Love 5