Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Political Wife

This is 2019 right? What was up with the cringe worthy wife and mistress confrontation? Whoever thought it would be compelling viewing was wrong as hell. Just have the wife confront Bobby about his infidelity. Keri is too embarrassing to exist. Five years, really Keri? 

I don't see how Yoli's mother confessing to killing two gang members will help her win refugee status in this climate. This is what Jessica calls fixing?

Angela is supposed to be defiant, determined, and principled, but bottom line she is a pain in the ass and her decision to take her two children to live in a tent city on the street only indicates that she is a dumbass. At least, leave the children with Jessica and her mother/aunt.

I hope Nick doesn't kill McGann. He isn't worth going to prison for.  

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I don't see how Yoli's mother confessing to killing two gang members will help her win refugee status in this climate.

Fear of retribution, mostly, and since MS13 is the designated bad boy of Latin America by the current administration, request for asylum would probably fly higher than a vague claim of political differences or whatnot.

• Useful 2
21 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Angela is supposed to be defiant, determined, and principled, but bottom line she is a pain in the ass and her decision to take her two children to live in a tent city on the street only indicates that she is a dumbass. At least, leave the children with Jessica and her mother/aunt.

Yeah, I really wanted to like Angela.  But she lost me when she declined the opportunity to have a no-mortgage home where her mother and children could be safe.  The disregard for her children's safety and quality of life completely negates her so-called principles.  It's one thing if she had no support, but she's got it.  I don't even think it's pride at this point, it's a martyr complex. Maybe a touch of narcissism.   

21 hours ago, SimoneS said:

This is 2019 right? What was up with the cringe worthy wife and mistress confrontation? Whoever thought it would be compelling viewing was wrong as hell. Just have the wife confront Bobby about his infidelity. Keri is too embarrassing to exist. Five years, really Keri? 

I'm no Keri fan.  I'm not sympathetic to Stephanie, either. Clearly that marriage is for political and possibly financial expedience.  Which is fine, but then either put Bobby on notice about the extramarital affair or deal with it.  No one is forcing her to remain married to a man she's known to be sleeping with another woman for five damn years.  It's not just Keri who looks ridiculous.      

On a separate note, employees of the mayor's office fly first-class?  Must be nice. 

• Love 1
On 9/4/2019 at 10:56 PM, SimoneS said:

Agree. I don’t like Angela. And didn’t she say she wanted to camp outside city hall?  So not only does she not appreciate Jessica but she wants to cause trouble for her as well.

Im going to have to look back to see why Jessica feels such a strong responsibility toward them.  She just lets Angela walk all over her.  

• Love 2

So Derrick had no idea about the affair between Bobby and Keri? Bet the mayor will fire him for being indiscreet or something.

Ditto comments upthread, I don't know how smart it was for Stephanie to make that move. She can't be around Bobby 24/7 so at best she's just stalled the affair for a couple of days.

Real talk from Stephanie to Keri but I don't think she told her anything Keri didn't already know. Maybe Keri wants to be with someone who can't fully commit to her.

Yep, Angela is an idiot. A prideful idiot. There's no reason for her kids to have to suffer for it.

The cheated on wife thanking her husband's mistress. Nope, don't want to see that. Ugh, this show just took a huge step backwards IMO. Even daytime soaps know better than to pull crap like that anymore.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 4:46 AM, crossover said:

Agree. I don’t like Angela. And didn’t she say she wanted to camp outside city hall?  So not only does she not appreciate Jessica but she wants to cause trouble for her as well.

Im going to have to look back to see why Jessica feels such a strong responsibility toward them.  She just lets Angela walk all over her.  

I literally sought out this board (I'm binging the show now) to come and complain about Angela.  I can't stand her right now.  She claims to be trying to help people and do all this stuff - but she's utterly self righteous and annoying as hell.  Also - she rags on Jessica for helping her assistant's mom from being deported, and claims she is ignoring her family - but then Angela 1) takes food from work and is at risk losing her job because she's doing too much and doesn't pay attention to the rules and 2) moves her kids out of a nice place (Jessica's) to put them on the street for a protest when she could have done that alone and 3) turns down a free home that could give her kids the boost they need to settle into a good school and keep her mom protected AND help her go to nursing school more easily.

She expects Jessica to literally say "how high" when she says "jump" and won't yield at all.

I must have sleepwalked through why she's so self-righteous and bound and determined to hate Jessica?

And her act of refusing to accept Jessica's help with the house because she herself wants to be able to buy it?

She's barely holding onto her job at this point and her pride is the reason she will never get ahead.

She needs to learn how to accept help and come down off her high horse.