Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation: Season 45

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Now that Biden has formally begun the process of selecting a VP, it could be funny if SNL did a sketch based off of the Bachelor, but with Biden as the Bachelor.

That would probably be a very dark sketch at the moment. 

I do wonder if they will have any Biden at all the remainder of this season, as it may be harder to apply the makeup and wig. Jason's Biden is great but it's also so out of step with current Biden, I'm not sure if they will end up picking someone new (or going back to Woody for a pre-tape). 

• Love 1
(edited)

Continuing from the Media thread...

I actually can see Pete and Kyle leaving. Heidi probably not, but you never know.

Kyle only leaves imho if Beck does too. I don't know if it's ever been confirmed, but I always assumed they were hired as a duo (aka Good Neighbor). And I don't think they will leave as their contracts aren't up  as far as I know, and if Kate, Aidy, Cecily, Colin, Pete, Maybe even Kenan/Che all leave as well, that's just way too many cast members at once.

Also, thinking about it, no way Kate gets an official goodbye when there's still a chance Elizabeth Warren is on the ticket in the fall.

Edited by vb68

I wonder if any of the cast members who seemed like a lock to leave (Pete with his attitude, Cecily giving vibes, Colin basically admitting it) will end up staying due to the uncertainty of the industry. Who knows how many jobs they had lined up that are now indefinitely postponed or cancelled entirely? Even if SNL still can't be back in the studio by September/October, at least they can still collect paychecks by making sketches at home (I have to assume they're still getting paid per SAG rules).

Although as was pointed out in other thread, depending on the state of the industry by then, some people might get cut for budgetary reasons. But is it gonna be the longtime heavy hitters who were out the door anyway, like Cecily, or newbies like Chloe?

• Love 2

This Is Confusing Because They Said On Week End Update That This Was The Final Update AND Kristen Wiig Said They Would Be Back In September OR October, But They Put Earlier On The Screen AT Home May 16 And There Were Other Words So I Did Not Get The Exact Wording ! Any Way, IT Looked To Me Like There Would be Another NEW Episode From The Casts Homes Next Saturday ! I Don't Know What To Think ! I Guess I Will Have To Wait Until Next Week And See What Will Be On !

11 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I wonder if any of the cast members who seemed like a lock to leave (Pete with his attitude, Cecily giving vibes, Colin basically admitting it) will end up staying due to the uncertainty of the industry. Who knows how many jobs they had lined up that are now indefinitely postponed or cancelled entirely? Even if SNL still can't be back in the studio by September/October, at least they can still collect paychecks by making sketches at home (I have to assume they're still getting paid per SAG rules).

Although as was pointed out in other thread, depending on the state of the industry by then, some people might get cut for budgetary reasons. But is it gonna be the longtime heavy hitters who were out the door anyway, like Cecily, or newbies like Chloe?

I've wondered about that too. I know that someone like Cecily or Kate or Aidy or Pete may bring in more eyeballs than, say, Alex Moffat or Melissa Villasenor, but if the show does get hit with big budget cuts, then trying to hang on to cast members who are clearly on the way out over people who are earlier in their run and still have more to give to the show would be a big mistake in my opinion. I wonder about Alex in particular because other than the first At Home he seems to be shut out of the show so often this past season. It's frustrating, as I think he's very talented, handsome, and adaptable - the show just doesn't seem to "get" him (it reminds me of the problem they had writing for Chris Parnell).

I do wonder about some of the last few episodes, and the "Dreams" piece. Kyle's last few sketches have felt like him using this platform to pivot back to his pre-SNL content days. (and if he goes I'm not sure Beck would stay) The "Dreams" piece felt like a real goodbye for Cecily, and for Kate (we only see her once and when we do she is waving goodbye). Then you have Aidy, who is in the group of cast members who are mostly staying (I assume), but she's the last to disappear, as if they were saying they didn't know whether she would stay or go. 

And, although I might be kidding myself, I wonder if Baldwin was indicating this was his last Trump appearance, and they might recast the role next season. 

• Love 1

I was tempted to read into the dreams piece for clues of who was staying or going (it really revolved around Cecily, and only a few of the cast members disappeared at the end), but I don't want to drive myself crazy over it. Everything is so uncertain right now...it's possible they don't know any more than we do.

• Love 1