• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

One of these things is true: a) Spruce is a liar OR b) Oinky is a Wolf.  Personally I'm going with b), and I might be a Minion for all I know. 

Well, I'm not lying, so...

1 to DL MarkHB (MMCS) 

7 to DL Oinky (Drogo, MarkHB, HM, aquarian1, CP, egavasc, TCS)

4 to DL a1 (Oinky, saoirse, SS, Lisin)

• Love 1

Sorry, was at work! I am also not lying, so I trust nothing coming from SS. Her switching away from OB...hmmmm...let me replace that for you darling ;)

1 to DL MarkHB (MMCS) 

8 to DL Oinky (Drogo, MarkHB, HM, aquarian1, CP, egavasc, TCS, TJ)

4 to DL a1 (Oinky, saoirse, SS, Lisin)

• Love 1

I could drag out the suspense for a little longer, but I won't.

Before the final reveal, the bookkeeping reveals:

The Doppelganger did copy the Troublemaker, and the Bodyguard was MuuMuu.

Now, with 8 votes to 5(or 0 since the Bodyguard's vote is like Survivor's HII and nullifies all the votes on the same person); Oinky was eliminated.  And she was:

Werewolf%203.jpg

Team Village wins!  Consolations to everyone on the aquarian DL except MuuMuu, as they were all Team Wolf.

• Love 2

Night Action breakdown.

• Hunter TJ and Bodyguard MMCS prepared their weapons for the morning, then slept all night.
  • Doppelganger Spruce copied Mark, becoming a Troubleganger.  He used his double-trouble action to swap Drogo and Oinky.
  • Werewolves Drogo and Lisin found each other (even though technically Drogo wasn't a wolf anymore), then the found the sleeping Dreamwolf SilverStormm (who did say she was feeling wolfy before we started.)
  • Minion saorise found the three wolves above all napping.
  • Masons Hanged Man and egavasc met at the Lodge.
  • Seer aquarian looked at two of the unclaimed roles, locating the Apprentice Seer and the vanilla Villlager.
  • Robber CP stole the vestments of Mason egavasc.
  • Troublemaker Mark swapped Hanged Man and TJ.
  • Oinky went to bed the Insomniac, but woke as a Wolf.
  • Which left the Drunk as the final unclaimed role.
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

I could drag out the suspense for a little longer, but I won't.

Before the final reveal, the bookkeeping reveals:

The Doppelganger did copy the Troublemaker, and the Bodyguard was MuuMuu.

Now, with 8 votes to 5(or 0 since the Bodyguard's vote is like Survivor's HII and nullifies all the votes on the same person); Oinky was eliminated.  And she was:

Werewolf%203.jpg

Team Village wins!  Consolations to everyone on the aquarian DL except MuuMuu, as they were all Team Wolf.

Silver!!!

latest?cb=20080622005412

• Love 3

Great game. Congrats to the town. 

Lots of wolves, and lots of people who knew about the wolves except me. 

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could have played that better? I find it hard to wheedle once everyone makes such strong claims - is there a claim you would have made if you were me?

• Love 1

If y'all were wondering what my clue was referencing...

220px-HeartIsALonelyHunter.jpg

Though let's be real, I was really referencing the Once Upon A Time episode of the same name. It features Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman, one of my faves.

IRL, my Pathfinder character is a Ranger (with a wolf companion) whose parents were killed when he was young and he was therefore raised by wolves. I named him Joseph Graham in the sheriff's honor. (His wolf's name is Luna.)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Great game. Congrats to the town. 

Lots of wolves, and lots of people who knew about the wolves except me. 

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could have played that better? I find it hard to wheedle once everyone makes such strong claims - is there a claim you would have made if you were me?

In a situation where you're outed like that it's kinda game over tbh. So no there isn't really much you could have done other than to say something like 'we were BOTH wolves' and try to get the other person lynched instead of you?

• Love 2

Thanks everyone.  Although I really do very little "moderating" by now; you guys make running this game easy.  What I do with the PMs is more facilitation than moderation.  About the only moderation I do at this point is the occasional rule clarification or when I introduce a new role and have to explain how it works. 

Speaking of that, I want to do something a little different when I introduce the next new roles.  I want you guys to help pick what gets added.  Below are 4 role names, with no power descriptions. When I next add new roles, I'll bring in the two that you all want to see the most.  And of course, feel free to speculate as to what their powers might be.

• Prince
  • Witch
  • Revealer
  • Village Idiot
  • Love 2

Oinky, since you started as Insomniac, did you find out that you were a wolf, or did you just find out you had been switched?  

If it was the former, you might have tried to convince Drogo that you were originally the Minion once it had been revealed that you 2 were switched. The real minion wouldn't have contradicted you and Drogo might have decided not to chance outing you.   You'd still have to reveal "the wolves" but you might be able to convince enough people to lynch an innocent townie of your choosing.  

All of the above is probably a long shot though.   As Silver said, I think you were just kinda stuck with a bad luck situation.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Thanks everyone.  Although I really do very little "moderating" by now; you guys make running this game easy.  What I do with the PMs is more facilitation than moderation.  About the only moderation I do at this point is the occasional rule clarification or when I introduce a new role and have to explain how it works. 

Speaking of that, I want to do something a little different when I introduce the next new roles.  I want you guys to help pick what gets added.  Below are 4 role names, with no power descriptions. When I next add new roles, I'll bring in the two that you all want to see the most.  And of course, feel free to speculate as to what their powers might be.

• Prince
  • Witch
  • Revealer
  • Village Idiot

I like the sound of the Revealer and the Witch; it sounds like they both would cause extra mayhem; plus anything that may help avoid wins based on luck rather than strategy, is infinitely preferable imo. In the last few games wins have happened because someone got lucky enough to swap a wolf with a villager; which is fine on the odd occasion. But when it happens too often, it makes the game duller.

• Love 1

She doesn't use Dracarys on me-- she just makes me an appointment with a voodoo slave to incapacitate me, then smothers me with pillows. 

Fun fact: she only has dragons cause of me. 

(ducks)

Edited by Drogo
To mess with SS more.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Fun fact: she only has dragons cause of me my mouldering corpse

FTFY :-)

Also, I love the way Jason Momoa still roots for Daenarys on his social media accounts when the show is on.  She's still his Khaleesi.

• Love 2

Erroneous!  She received them at our wedding from a guy who she lived with for years, so he clearly didn’t want her to have them until yours truly was in the picture. 

P.s. the one named for me is the biggest/best one... and the one that always has her back when shit gets real.  That's why she won't Dracarys me.  (Right, MOML? xo)

• Love 1
On 9/9/2016 at 10:13 AM, SilverStormm said:

In a situation where you're outed like that it's kinda game over tbh. So no there isn't really much you could have done other than to say something like 'we were BOTH wolves' and try to get the other person lynched instead of you?

4 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Oinky, since you started as Insomniac, did you find out that you were a wolf, or did you just find out you had been switched?  

If it was the former, you might have tried to convince Drogo that you were originally the Minion once it had been revealed that you 2 were switched. The real minion wouldn't have contradicted you and Drogo might have decided not to chance outing you.   You'd still have to reveal "the wolves" but you might be able to convince enough people to lynch an innocent townie of your choosing.  

All of the above is probably a long shot though.   As Silver said, I think you were just kinda stuck with a bad luck situation.  

Thank you guys, that business of hauling someone else's ass onto my line is a good one. 

I believe the insomniac is the only one who wakes up knowing their role for sure. I knew I was the insomniac and someone switched me to be the wolf.

I like Prince and witch for new roles. 

And perhaps a spot to refer back to or a recant of the basic roles - who does what. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Erroneous!  She received them at our wedding from a guy who she lived with for years, so he clearly didn’t want her to have them until yours truly was in the picture. 

P.s. the one named for me is the biggest/best one... and the one that always has her back when shit gets real.  That's why she won't Dracarys me.  (Right, MOML? xo)

I wouldn't Dracarys you MSAS, but these fella's might feel differently...

tumblr_nlyz1vP6IS1qekg4vo1_500.gif

s4XHiNPhSw2NiaJ8xjDO_Greyworm_Cut_GIF.gi

113622-daario-naharis-kills-guy-on-ho-3h

Last but not least, the indomitable Hand of the Queen;

tumblr_n3eyt8TFXj1trmvrqo1_500.gif

• Love 1

Before I read anyone's votes, the Witch and Revealer stood out to me.  So I vote for those two.

And I love these One  Night WW games, even with the Troublemakers switching wolves.  I don't know that it's easier because you still don't know who to trust.   Just because someone says they were a wolf or says they switched certain people, doesn't mean they are being up front.  I'm not kidding, I was really thinking anyone could be the minion last time.  And I think the Tanner helps temper that too, since even if you believe some things you still need to make sure you're not lynching the Tanner.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Before I read anyone's votes, the Witch and Revealer stood out to me.  So I vote for those two.

And I love these One  Night WW games, even with the Troublemakers switching wolves.  I don't know that it's easier because you still don't know who to trust.   Just because someone says they were a wolf or says they switched certain people, doesn't mean they are being up front.  I'm not kidding, I was really thinking anyone could be the minion last time.  And I think the Tanner helps temper that too, since even if you believe some things you still need to make sure you're not lynching the Tanner.

I get what you're saying but the last 3 or so games have borne out my point, a wolf was swapped with a villager; team wolf lost each time despite paranoia and/or mistrust.

If I'm team village I'd rather catch out a wolf through gameplay - the uncertainty is what makes this whole game fun, right? If I'm team wolf (fyi this was my first wolfy outing ^howls^) - I'd rather be caught through gameplay than pure bad/good luck, depending on your pov.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

I admit, I don't watch the show, but isn't it also the case that they would have just been eggs (high defense, low attach potential) had they not been incubated on your pyre?  :D

For someone who doesn't watch the show (and has to start) you definitely have it right.  It's long been my theory that the reason why the dragons exist and are how they are is that "life pays for life" and Drogo and a black magic witch were burnt during their birth- gifting the dragons with not only life but the magic of the witch and Drogo's fierce strength, loyal devotion for and undying protectiveness over Daenerys.  Fun fact about my username: I chose it because my RL Khaleesi (who watched GoT before I did) said that this character was the first one on television that truly reminded her of me.  When I watched I was extremely proud that she felt that way about me, so Drogo it is.

58 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I wouldn't Dracarys you MSAS, but these fella's might feel differently...

This guy wants to put his money on me, MOML, but he's a bit speechless these days:

drogo.gif?w=650

(*Sorry Mago, bruh- but that's whatcha get when you badmouth my ladies.)

47 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

As a Wolf it sucks when the Troublemaker swaps you, because there's not a lot of gameplay you can use to get out of it- but it's really the only way the Village has won.  It's really hard to catch a Wolf when they've gone untouched by the night-waking roles.  Also, once everyone starts claiming, there's not much for a Wolf to do besides either (a) claim a role that hopefully no one else has or has been Seen with or (b) stay quiet.  The last 3 games are anomalies with the Wolves getting swapped.  That's really unlikely to happen in every game.  It is fun for the Village to win sometimes.  It's really hard when the Minion and Tanner are both playing, even though I don't love the idea behind the Tanner... they keep things interesting.  :)   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

I get what you're saying but the last 3 or so games have borne out my point, a wolf was swapped with a villager; team wolf lost each time despite paranoia and/or mistrust.

Did I win as the Tanner in one of those?  

ETA: It's also just the nature of the game, I think. With 12-15 players/roles and 3-4 "villains" it's just quite likely that one of them will be switched.  Maybe not 50/50, but I don't think it's a really small percentage either.  But I don't feel like doing the math.

• Love 1

Last game had 13 players, 3 wolves. With just one troublemaker, picking exactly one wolf is probability (3 choose 1) * (10 choose 1) / (13 choose 2) = 30 / (13 * 12 / 2) = 5 / 13, or about 40%. With a Troubleganger it goes up, but then there's a chance that they mess with each other so it gets a little harder.

• Love 2