Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Doesn't this go back to the question of the win condition for Team Villain?  Does someone have to die or do they win if no Villain is killed? 

Team Village wins so long as no Villagers, Minion or Tanner are killed... Team WW wins if a Villager or Minion is killed... Minion wins if anyone other than WWs is killed.  

I'm having a hard time understanding why  Minion would come forward in support of Team Village. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Team Village wins so long as no Villagers, Minion or Tanner are killed... Team WW wins if a Villager or Minion is killed... Minion wins if anyone other than WWs is killed.  

I'm having a hard time understanding why  Minion would come forward in support of Team Village. 

Huh.  That seems kind of backwards, but I trust you.  

On those win conditions, I agree that there is no reason for a Minion to support team village.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SVNBob said:

So you think the Minion becomes a Tanner if there are no Wolves?   That is not the case.  The Minion is only self-sacrificing in service to their masters, if necessary.  The Minion just doesn't want a Wolf to die.  While having a villager killed would be preferable, the Minion will take the silver bullet for the Wolves if need be.

With no evil masters, there is no need for the Minion to die.

(Oh, I'm back BTW.)

If I recall, the tanner can't vote to DL himself or push for it, either. The idea that a minion without wolves is equivalent to the tanner is a bit of a straw man, I think. Which is how I'm reading Bob.

Since it looks like we need all votes onboard, add me to the No DL list, please.

• Love 1

Here goes nothin' -

2 to DL Dougal (Lisin, HM)
4 to No DL (MarkHB, egavasc, SVNBob, caprice)
5 to DL SVNBob (MMCS, TCS, aquarian1, Dougal, Drogo)

Feels like I've truly been (the) Drunk this round.

• Love 1

While we wait I am thinking of a specific prop from a specific movie. I have no idea what questions you should ask, how long it will take you or indeed if you can even figure it (them??? Only I know for sure...) out. So if you are interested in playing, good luck.

• Love 1

I am going to give no more than 43 guesses, because that is the number of characters in the URL that is the definitive hint to the prop

A human hand could hold onto it... though I am not sure that helped much.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 1

by the way the prop is not like the black telephone on the third desk from the right on the main office floor of The Wolf of Wall Street. It is a Significant Prop. I know this because there are videos specifically concerning this prop

1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Does the movie the prop appears in have a science fiction element?

Not really, though a pedantic person could, if properly motivated, make a point that there is.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Do any of the characters verbally acknowledge its presence/existence?  

Hell yeah.

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

is it a vehicle?

... Not originally

13 minutes ago, caprice said:

Is it from a movie we have discussed or watched at the same time?

We have not simultaneously watched it, might have discussed it. I rewatched somewhat recently.

3 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Is it from a fantasy film?

Not really though a pedantic person could blah blah blah blah blah blah

I would say surreal and allegorical and the Fantasy/Sci Fi aspects are derived thusly.

We interrupt this game in progress to bring you...the game in progress! My apologies. The holiday disrupted everything. See if you guys can figure out everything that happened during the Night. And I tried to go for Whedon's advice of "Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke."

The hospital

It didn’t take long for the Scoobies to have a fight on their hands. For the door to Cordelia’s room was slammed open and a sickly sweet voice yelled “Cordy!!!” in recognition. The former Scooby’s eyes flew open to reveal - “F-Faith! What…” Cordelia tried to scramble away, but of course the IV’s and other equipment kept her right there on the bed. Faith stalked toward her. The room was empty, as Oz had gone to visit Joyce and who knew where Gunn was…

In Faith’s former room, Willow and Tara examined her bed. “The magical aura is faint...but the Mayor was definitely here…” Tara explained. Willow nodded her agreement. “But he seemed to use up all of his magic to wake her up.” She indicated the tiny pile of ash-like substance at the side of the bed. Tara poked at it, that is, until a blood-curdling scream echoed down the hall. Willow grabbed her girlfriend and with a whoosh, they vanished.

The Scoobies converged on Cordelia’s room to see her yanking her knife out of the bed. Cordy had evidently dodged to the side enough to avoid getting stabbed. Angel grabbed Faith’s shoulder and yanked her aside. “Geez!” he yelled as he barely missed getting hit with a wooden stake. He backed off as Faith fought back the arriving fighters - Willow, Tara, Xander, and Spike. Giles was in the back observing the sight of one of his former Slayers on a rampage. He was clearly emotionally torn over the sight. Dawn was trying to wake her sister in a nearby room; however, Anya had given Buffy a nice sleeping draught to calm her nerves, and it was proving very effective.

Faith nearly got Willow and Tara with another lunge but the witches teleported away again. With enough room to maneuver, Faith rounded on Cordelia and raised the knife up over her head. She prepared to stab it down on Cordelia, who backed right into a table, which shook the plastic cage atop it-

And with a ferocious squeak, a rat leaped from the cage and landed on Faith. The brunette screamed in surprise and dropped her knife. She struggled to get the rat off of her as Ben the orderly approached. “What’s going on here?” he asked Giles, who struggled to explain the situation. However, Spike immediately started pushing through the crowd to get at the new arrival. “Back, Beast!” he hollered, but it was drowned out by Angel and Faith scrapping again. He managed to pin one of her arms as Tara and Willow reappeared. Tara scooped up the knife and pointed it at Faith. “Stop!!” she yelled. Xander grabbed Faith’s other arm to hold her still as Willow went to Cordelia, coaxing her back to the bed.

Faith was at a loss. She hadn’t even managed to get one of these freakin Scoobies. What should she do? What would the Mayor want her to do? One of his spells had given her the same sight that Spike possessed, that Ben was not Ben but in fact Glory. She looked to the hell goddess for direction on what to do. She watched as Ben ever-so-subtly shook his head no. He melted back into the crowd just as Spike arrived. So Glory was gone.

Faith knew her mission. She relaxed her body, not straining against the two men. Just when they loosened their grip on her, she lunged forward with a feral cry. A horrible squishing sound immediately followed. Faith’s eyes bulged. For Tara had still been pointing the knife at her...and it was buried in her gut. Tara’s hands dropped the knife like it was red-hot and flew over her mouth. Tears sprung to her eyes. “No….no….” she moaned. Willow whipped her head around to see her girlfriend in distress. She immediately went to calm her. This left nobody to look after Faith, who the two men dropped to the floor. They were in a hospital, true, but that was a Slayer blade she had been stabbed with. She wouldn’t last long. “Faith?” questioned the newly arriving Buffy. “What the….?” Wryly, Faith shook her head. “Hey B...I’m five….by….five….” she struggled to get out, flipping Buffy the bird as well. Then she sunk against the floor. She was dead.

Buffy looked at the assembled Scoobies. Dawn looking sad, Giles guilty, Tara in hysterics, Willow hugging and rocking her, Angel and Xander staring at the floor in shame. Only Spike was marching out of the room. “What do we do next?” she whispered, half to herself, half to the crowd. No one answered.

Spike came upon the BuffyBot and started her walking with him. “You’re coming with me. Find that orderly, Ben.” He made the robot look in his eyes. “Ben is Glory. Got it? Ben equals Glory.” The BuffyBot processed that. “Ben equals Glory. Yes.” The two resumed walking together. The BuffyBot continued its declarations: “Glory equals Ben. GloryBen. Glen. Eliminate Glenn.” BuffyBot’s head twitched as it malfunctioned a bit. Spike looked at it, worried, as they walked past a large crowd of patients watching TV together. On the show, the host started “I’m Glenn Beck-” before a gunshot ripped through the television set. Buffybot’s arm had transformed into a gun and she had indeed fulfilled her mission. The crowd screamed in fright, then paused, and finally erupted into applause. Spike rolled his eyes with a chuckle. “Maybe we won’t fix that one…” he muttered bemusedly. He walked off, arm in arm with the murderous robot, calling out “Anyone here named Glenn?”

The dead: Faith Lehane, the Minion (Team Evil). You will be told who else is on Team Evil, but they will not know that you are. If you are DL’ed instead of a Evil Person, then Team Evil will win.

THEREFORE

Winners: Team Evil, SVNBob and....drumroll....Dougal!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

While acknowledging team Evil won, I am secretly going to be patting myself on the back. Well done Evil, well done.

Sorry I omitted you earlier... congrats to you as well!  Probably moreso since you didn't switch!  :D

• Love 1

I'm just glad that the plan worked.  Granted, it had two ways of succeeding, so the odds were in favor of it working.  And it was better than my first idea.  No one seemed to notice that I first tried to claim (doppel)Drunk and that I took the one role that no-one knew anything about.

Since no-one had apparently altered my role, I knew that I just needed to keep attention on me.  That's when I came up with the plan of half-truth.  About half of what I said from that point on was true.  Mostly regarding this issue:

On 11/19/2016 at 5:14 PM, Drogo said:

So someone has to die for the Minion to win, right?

In truth, yes.  When there are no Wolves, then someone other than the Minion (or Tanner) has to die for the Minion to win.  But the point about the Village winning if no one died was absolutely true.  However, since there was a Wolf in play this time, neither point applied here.  And since a No DL would lead to an Evil win just as much as my own death, I had to argue the point.

Now to answer one other question.  About the Cursed.  The Cursed would only have flipped sides in this game if Dougal had cast his final vote for them.  None of the interim votes count for activating the curse, only the one at the end.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2016 at 2:56 PM, Drogo said:

1 to DL Dougal (Drogo)

Because he's very helpful when he's not wicked.

Why not? I'll join the Pat Myself On The Back Club since I started the Dougal DL out of thin air.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:56 PM, Drogo said:

1 to DL Dougal (Drogo)

Because he's very helpful when he's not wicked.

Why not? I'll join the Pat Myself On The Back Club since I started the Dougal DL out of thin air.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I'm just glad that the plan worked.

Yep, that was a good move.

With nobody publicly claiming Doppelganger, it's easier to get away with random claims like my Troublemaker one, since nobody has the full info to dispute it....

• Love 1