Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

So, everyone was fooling around with @egavasc?  She knew she had been messed with, hence she started as the Insomniac.  Lis stole her role (making L. the Insomniac and E. the Robber), and then I turned E. into a VV and Card #3 became the Robber... which was eventually picked up by Drogo the Slightly Tipsy.

Doppelganger - Hasn't spoken up, might therefore be evil

Evil Person and Mystic Evil Person - meet up to identify each other

*Mystic Evil Person - may look at one player’s role

Minion - identifies all the Evil People but is unknown to them. If they are DL’ed instead of an Evil Person, then Team Evil will win.

Seer (MMCS) - may look at one player’s role card, or two of the three unused role cards (Looked at #2 and #3)

Robber (Lisin) - may swap their role with that of another player, and if they do, may look at their new role.  (Stole Insomniac from egavasc)

Witch (MarkHB) - may look at one of the unused roles and, if they do, must then swap it with a player. Thus transforming them into whatever the unused role had been.  (Turned egavasc into Card #3, VV, and concurrently turned Card #3 into the Robber.)

Troublemaker (Hasn't spoken up) - may swap the roles of two other players if they choose to.

Drunk (Drogo) - blindly swaps their role with one of the unused roles (Took Card #3 which by this point was the Robber)

Insomniac (egavasc) - checks their role (ended as VV)

Roles with no night actions:

Cursed (Unclaimed) - if someone on Team Evil votes for them during the DL phase, they will become a member of Team Evil.

Hunter (Unclaimed) - if they are DL’ed, the person they vote for will also be DL’ed.

Prince (Unclaimed) - votes to DL them will not count, so the next most votes will get DL’ed. If no one else receives votes, then Team Evil will win.

Vanilla Villager A (Claimed by The Crazed Spruce) - nothing

Vanilla Villager B (Initially unclaimed, now believed to be egavasc)

Hanged Man: Claims no night actions

aquarian1: Claims no night actions

caprice: Very vague

SVNBob: Also very vague

OB: Apparently still asleep.

Dougal: Also apparently still asleep.

1 caprice (Lisin)

(I'm rescinding my vote for Lis)

• Love 2
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Drogo said:

1 to DL Dougal (Drogo)

Because he's very helpful when he's not wicked.

As sound an argument as any, and since I believe I know you're not wicked why not.

2 to DL Dougal (Drogo, Lisin)

• Love 1

I have a point about the Prince, for no good reason at all. If everyone votes to DL him and there are no votes to DL anyone else than team evil wins, correct? But all that the Prince has to do is vote for someone and it would be entire world DLs Prince and Prince votes for one person, So unless the Prince is not paying any attention at all (and ours is), team evil will never win by the second condition of the Princes DL

• Love 1

Hey y'all – sorry, I held back a little bit because I wanted to see if anyone would contradict this, but then I was working late today and forgot to check in later.

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Because he's very helpful when he's not wicked.

I still don't totally feel like I have a grasp on this game.

Anyway: I ended up made some trouble last night, with Oinky and MarkHB.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, egavasc said:

But that doesn't really help figure out who might be evil.

That's where my piece of the puzzle finally comes in.

I was the Minion.  And when I woke up, there was no Evil to be seen.

And since apparently role #3 was benign (meaning Village side) and #2 was Evil, #1 must be the other Evil.  So if neither role 1 or 2 got into circulation, then they're both still the Evil.  But if one of those roles in now with one of us....

• Love 2

@SVNBob, what's the official rule in the case of there being no Wolves in the village at daybreak?

Possible votes in my mind:

Dougal, since he already has votes against him;

Drogo, in case he's bluffing and picked an evil card;

SVNBob, in case he's bluffing about being the Minion.

• Love 1

FWIW, I announced my card as #3 before either of you said which one was benign, and left myself at your mercy. 

If @SVNBob were the Minion and wasn't robbed/troublemakered, what good does outing himself as the Minion do?  If he were a Minion Sans Wolves, the only way he'd win would be to get DL'd-- and announcing that he's the Minion guarantees that won't happen/guarantees he won't win.  If he's a lone Wolf, however, saying he's the Minion is a good way to not be the player that's DL'd... and win. 

Just now, MarkHB said:

what's the official rule in the case of there being no Wolves in the village at daybreak?

Well, the Village team wins if a Wolf is killed, and loses if only a villager (or villagers, accounting for ties and/or a dying shot from a Hunter) is killed.  If there are no Wolves to be killed, then the Village needs to keep all the villagers alive.  At a table, this is usually done with a "circle vote", meaning everyone votes for the person beside them, tying all the votes at one.  But for us, that could be accomplished by everyone voting No DL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

FWIW, I announced my card as #3 before either of you said which one was benign, and left myself at your mercy.

I went back and double-checked before I posted and I did see that.  Decisions, decisions...

2 to DL Dougal (Drogo, Lisin)

1 to No DL (MarkHB)

(Do the No DL votes need to be unanimous in order to succeed, or are they counted the same way that regular votes are so that they only need a majority?)

Just now, MarkHB said:

Do the No DL votes need to be unanimous in order to succeed, or are they counted the same way that regular votes are so that they only need a majority?

I would rule it as needing a unanimous vote, but I'm not the one in charge this time.

Another rules question, just because I was thinking about things:

On 11/15/2016 at 6:11 AM, TJtrack99 said:

Cursed - if someone on Team Evil votes for them during the DL phase, they will become a member of Team Evil. (This one is new! @SVNBob thought it would fit well with the theme, refer any questions to him ;) Seems to be like the Recruit from our regular Mafia games.)

If someone (presumably the Minion because it would be weird for anyone else to) made 15 posts switching their DL through everyone in the game, would that activate the Cursed? Or does their Evil™ only "stick" if the vote stays with them?

A few notes and rulings:

@Oinky Boinky still hasn't read her PM, so I feel comfortable stating that her night action, if one existed, was not completed.

@Dougal, I'm going by wherever the votes stand when the DL ends to determine if the curse activates.

And I'm going to say a no DL will be called if all the votes are in (minus perhaps OB's if she doesn't show) and it's got the most.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Drogo said:

If @SVNBob were the Minion and wasn't robbed/troublemakered, what good does outing himself as the Minion do?  If he were a Minion Sans Wolves, the only way he'd win would be to get DL'd-- and announcing that he's the Minion guarantees that won't happen/guarantees he won't win.  If he's a lone Wolf, however, saying he's the Minion is a good way to not be the player that's DL'd... and win. 

That's what I was saying. MMCS gets me. 

On 19/11/2016 at 4:43 AM, SVNBob said:

Well, the Village team wins if a Wolf is killed, and loses if only a villager (or villagers, accounting for ties and/or a dying shot from a Hunter) is killed.  If there are no Wolves to be killed, then the Village needs to keep all the villagers alive.  At a table, this is usually done with a "circle vote", meaning everyone votes for the person beside them, tying all the votes at one.  But for us, that could be accomplished by everyone voting No DL.

4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

No, I think they need a member of Team Village (or the Minion) to get DLd to win. 

Maybe?  But Bob's scenario above only talks about how the Village can win IF there are no villains.  It doesn't cover the Villain's win condition.    

• Love 1

Team Evil wins if anyone other than an Evil Person is lynched;  the Minion does not count as an Evil Person in this scenario. If, in fact, there are no Evil People in the game, then the only correct Town vote is No DL; in effect, the only way to win is not to play.

I stand by my vote.

• Love 1

2 to DL Dougal (Lisin, HM)
2 to No DL (MarkHB, egavasc)
4 to DL SVNBob (MMCS, TCS, aquarian1, Dougal)

Taking myself off the Dougal vote but not ready to join either of the others. 

If a Minion exists without Wolves, don't they essentially become a Wolf?  

So you think the Minion becomes a Tanner if there are no Wolves?   That is not the case.  The Minion is only self-sacrificing in service to their masters, if necessary.  The Minion just doesn't want a Wolf to die.  While having a villager killed would be preferable, the Minion will take the silver bullet for the Wolves if need be.

With no evil masters, there is no need for the Minion to die.

(Oh, I'm back BTW.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SVNBob said:

So you think the Minion becomes a Tanner if there are no Wolves?   That is not the case.  The Minion is only self-sacrificing in service to their masters, if necessary.  The Minion just doesn't want a Wolf to die.  While having a villager killed would be preferable, the Minion will take the silver bullet for the Wolves if need be.

With no evil masters, there is no need for the Minion to die.

(Oh, I'm back BTW.)

What I was going for is that you could be the sole villain claiming to be the minion.  It's not like the real minion would contradict you.  

• Love 1

Sorry.  That was primarily in response to this question from a while back:

On 11/18/2016 at 11:42 AM, Drogo said:

If he were a Minion Sans Wolves, the only way he'd win would be to get DL'd

I wanted to clarify that that was not the case.  A Minion without Wolves does not want to die like a Tanner.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

But he does want someone to die, no? 

Or does he become Team Village in the absence of WWs?

Doesn't this go back to the question of the win condition for Team Villain?  Does someone have to die or do they win if no Villain is killed? 

I gotta say, I'm having trouble seeing a scenario where I could be persuaded to vote for a no DL.  If Bob is a villain, we lose.  If there really is no villain, we "win", but it's a crappy win.  

I'd feel a lot crappier getting conned into letting the villain get away than I would "losing" in a bizarre scenario where there is no villain.  (Not at all a complaint on TJ's game running if that turns out to be the case--the cards fall where the cards fall). 

• Love 1

If I wanted someone to die, wouldn't I have cast a vote for anyone else much earlier? Like when the majority of the votes were on Dougal?

2 to DL Dougal (Lisin, HM)
3 to No DL (MarkHB, egavasc, SVNBob)
4 to DL SVNBob (MMCS, TCS, aquarian1, Dougal)

1 abstaining for now (Oinky, per GM ruling)

That leaves 2 votes left; @caprice and @Drogo

• Love 1