Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

And perhaps a spot to refer back to or a recant of the basic roles - who does what. 

I usually post that at the start of the game, but I didn't think it was necessary this time.  But I'll be sure to do that in future.  And it'll be in Night Action order, to cover that info too.

Looking at what you've all said so far about the new roles, the Witch seems the most popular.  She's got a nice power, and I think you'll like it.  The other three are pretty close, so we'll see what else gets added.

• Love 3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm on board with the Witch, and I just like the idea of the Village Idiot, so that's what my votes are for. And as someone who has been part of all of the last three Werewolf teams, yeah, it's kinda bummed me out to have my compatriots switched, and there's not been much I could do to counteract. I get that it's been weird that it's happened this way, but it keeps happening to me, darn it! I'm starting to get a complex...

• Love 2

Since no one's come forward with another big game...One Night with the new roles?  I'll figure out all the roles based on the number of players, but I will include for certain the two new roles that you all wanted to see next: Witch and Village Idiot (he just edged out the Prince).

• Love 2
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • MMCS
  • MarkHB
  • Drogo
  • aquarian1
  • Lisin
  • SilverStormm
  • egavasc

I could probably get the Breaking Bad round ready after this unless someone else wants to go (please? Maybe?) Putting the call out again for co-mods if anyone is interested. 

• Love 1

Someone got lost along the way, but I kept my eye on them.  The list is currently at 13.

1. The Crazed Spruce
  2. MMCS
  3. MarkHB
  4. Drogo
  5. aquarian1
  6. CP
  7. Lisin
  8. SilverStormm
  9. egavasc
  10. Deadpool
  11. Oinky B.
  12. Jesse
  13. HM

That's enough to use all the roles we have if I leave out the vanilla Villagers, the Tanner, and one more.  And with the addition of the two new roles, I want to leave out the Doppelganger this time.  You'll understand why when I explain the new roles.

So that would be a role list of:

• 2 Werewolves
  • Dreamwolf
  • Minion
  • 2 Masons
  • Seer
  • Apprentice Seer
  • Robber
  • Witch
  • Troublemaker
  • Village Idiot
  • Drunk
  • Insomniac
  • Hunter
  • Bodyguard

How does that look to everyone?

• Love 3

Here's how the two new roles' powers work.

The Witch is relatively simple.  She may look at any one of the unclaimed roles, but if she does though, she must give that role to a player, her own included.  So she'll "know" what one player is, because she turned them into it...much like a newt.

The Village Idiot is simpler, yet more complicated.  His power is like the Troublemaker's, but writ larger.  He changes everyone's role, except his own.  But it's not random; he can only shift roles one spot up or down the player list.

Let me give an example for that.  Here's the first 6 people on the sign-up list, with semi-random roles.

• The Crazed Spruce - Mason
  • MMCS - Werewolf
  • MarkHB - Village Idiot
  • Drogo - Mason
  • aquarian1 -Werewolf
  • CP - Seer

As the Idiot, Mark could shift the roles up one:

• The Crazed Spruce - Werewolf
  • MMCS - Mason
  • MarkHB - Village Idiot
  • Drogo - Werewolf
  • aquarian1 -Seer
  • CP - Mason

or down one:

• The Crazed Spruce - Seer
  • MMCS - Mason
  • MarkHB - Village Idiot
  • Drogo - Werewolf
  • aquarian1 -Mason
  • CP - Werewolf

So everyone, save the Idiot, is guaranteed to be what one of their neighbors was.  And now you know why I don't want to use the Doppelganger this time.  One Village Idiot is chaotic enough...but two?!?

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

The Village Idiot is simpler, yet more complicated.  His power is like the Troublemaker's, but writ larger.  He changes everyone's role, except his own.  But it's not random; he can only shift roles one spot up or down the player list.

Somebody hold me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Too late to sign up for One Night? I think I follow on the new roles!

1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

Still not too late.  But this time, I'm putting the Tanner in play instead of a vanilla Villager.

what_have_you_done.jpg

• Love 2

Soon.  PMs are on their way out.  Day will start once I get back all the Night actions.

And Ser Jorah is also in, bringing in one vanilla Villager after all.

Full roster is now:

• The Crazed Spruce
  • MMCS
  • MarkHB
  • Drogo
  • aquarian1
  • CP
  • Lisin
  • SilverStormm
  • egavasc
  • Deadpool
  • Oinky B.
  • Jesse
  • HM
  • TJ
  • Ser Jorah
Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

All PMs should be out.  And you'll notice there's a new bit of information in them.  I gave each of you a reminder of your specific neighbors on the roster.  Since the Village Idiot may give you one of their roles, you might want to pay closer attention to their claims.

• Love 2

Okay...I think I have everyone's actions completed.  Which means the Day has finally come.  I've been going with 48 hours (plus a handful per my personal schedule).  But doing that this time would put the end of Day on Saturday.  So this time, I'm going with 72 hours for Day to get us through to Sunday.

Here's the list of roles with their Night actions, in the order those take place:

• Werewolf pack gathers at the lair of the sleeping Dreamwolf.
  • Minion creeps up to the lair and sees all the Wolves asleep.
  • Masons meet at the Lodge.
  • Seer scrys on one other player or two unclaimed roles.
  • Apprentice Seer scrys on one unclaimed role.
  • Robber steals another player's role.
  • Witch transforms any player into an unclaimed role, if she looks at one.
  • Troublemaker swaps any two other player's roles.
  • Village Idiot shifts all the player's roles, except their own, to one player above or one player below (same for everyone).
  • Drunk blindly swaps his role for one unclaimed role.
  • Insomniac checks her role again.
  • Villager does not wake.
  • Hunter does not wake, but will kill whom he votes for if killed.
  • Bodyguard does not wake, but will nullify any votes on the person he votes for.
  • Tanner does not wake and will win if killed.

And again, the full roster is here, which shows everyone's neighbors.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, caprice said:

You mean you didn't miss me over the last two weeks?

Unceasingly,  dearest.

Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest clue who I am, or how I wound up in these clothes.

• Love 2

I have a little bit of info, but am going to wait a bit to share*.   I started out not really vanilla villager, but a villager nonetheless. 

* I'm about to head out with the family for the afternoon.  I'll see what has transpired when I return and most likely divulge then.

• Love 1

As a reminder due to the Village Idiot this is important:

1. The Crazed Spruce
  2. MMCS
  3. MarkHB
  4. Drogo
  5. aquarian1
  6. CP
  7. Lisin
  8. SilverStormm
  9. egavasc
  10. Deadpool
  11. Oinky B.
  12. Jesse
  13. HM
  14. TJ
  15. Ser Jorah

and

1. Werewolf pack gathers at the lair of the sleeping Dreamwolf.
  2. Minion creeps up to the lair and sees all the Wolves asleep.
  3. Masons meet at the Lodge.
  4. Seer scrys on one other player or two unclaimed roles.
  5. Apprentice Seer scrys on one unclaimed role.
  6. Robber steals another player's role.
  7. Witch transforms any player into an unclaimed role, if she looks at one.
  8. Troublemaker swaps any two other player's roles.
  9. Village Idiot shifts all the player's roles, except their own, to one player above or one player below (same for everyone).
  10. Drunk blindly swaps his role for one unclaimed role.
  11. Insomniac checks her role again.
  12. Villager does not wake.
  13. Hunter does not wake, but will kill whom he votes for if killed.
  14. Bodyguard does not wake, but will nullify any votes on the person he votes for.
  15. Tanner does not wake and will win if killed.

SO purely theoretically If someone is a robber and, once again, theoretically robs the apprentice seer, does the robber switch places in the player lineup with the apprentice seer? Like lets just say to grab a couple of random numbers out of the sky 13 robs 5, is 13 now 5?

• Love 2