Type keyword(s) to search

Pushing Daisies Mafia

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Typically Villains don't come forward to vouch for or defend anyone, let alone D1, let alone those claiming main-character Hero roles.

The operative word here is 'typically' and I've seen too much overt boldness <coughBlackaddercough> played out to trust anything claimed on Day 1.

• Love 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

The operative word here is 'typically' and I've seen too much overt boldness <coughBlackaddercough> played out to trust anything claimed on Day 1.

That game had a particularly evil group of villains whose names escape me ATM.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Why would/should Drogo's word be enough? He has no more info at this point as far as we know than we do and he could be a villain for all we know? Lastly, why would an investigator reveal themselves if you're a hero? Normally an investigator will only say something if they find a villain? Otherwise I'd assume you passed the check. So what exactly is bothering you about potentially being investigated precisely?

Because it's Day 1, so two Villains covering for each other this early would be silly. Though I can't actually cover for Drogo, given that I know nothing. Since I'm a Hero.

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

Pretty sure TJ was joking, since my word and $2 will barely get you on a bus around here. 

I don't know anything about TJ for fact, but Spruce hinted at being a Mason and agoraphobic- I looked it up and found a crazy aunt character- then TJ came forward to say who he thought TCS was hinting at. Typically Villains don't come forward to vouch for or defend anyone, let alone D1, let alone those claiming main-character Hero roles.  Again, I would recommend that protection tonight is sent to Spruce or TJ. 

I didn't pick up TCS's hint, so that kind of thing does make me trust you more, Glory. Er, I mean Drogo. That's kind of hard to shake!

7 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Girls, girls.  You are *both* shifty and untrustworthy. :) 

Morbo.jpg

Please don't call me a girl ;) When you think of me, you should think of my avatar there!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TJtrack99 said:

make me trust you more, Glory. Er, I mean Drogo. That's kind of hard to shake!

Is he saying there's some connection between Ben and Glory?  But what?

• Love 1

Night 1

Olive Snook cautiously approached the old Victorian manor, delicately carrying a festive cherry pie. The pie had of course been baked by the Piemaker, but had featured an assist from new shop dweller Chuck. This pie was very important to Chuck and she had given Olive very precise instructions for its delivery. Its intended recipients were her dear aunts whom she could not visit herself as they believed her to be deceased. So instead, Olive must deliver the pie and most importantly make sure both sisters ate at least a slice each. Unbeknownst to Olive and the Piemaker, Chuck had added homeopathic mood enhancers to the crust of the pie in an effort to lift the spirits of her agoraphobic aunts. Thus making Olive, in a sense, an unwitting homeopathic drug mule of sorts.

Having reached the landing, Olive knocked tentatively on the door. While she knew that Chuck’s aunts were most likely lovely people, in her heart this place filled her with a deep unease.

“Hello?” She cried out. “I’m from the Pie Hole. I have a pie delivery for you.”

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a red-headed woman with bejeweled eyepatch. “Well you don’t have to yell,” said Lily Charles. “And we don’t want your pie.”

Startled by the abrupt appearance of one of the Charles sisters, Olive let out a small yelp. Lily glared with her good eye, causing Olive to believe that her suspicions about this place were not completely unfounded. But, remembering how much importance Chuck had placed on her aunts actually eating the delivered pie, she stood her ground, determined to follow through on her promise.

“Oh let her be,” said Vivian Charles calmly as she arrived in the entryway. “It’s only a pie and she seems so nice. What harm could it be?”

“That’s what the witch said to Hansel and Gretel right before they burned her alive,” Lily groused, Nevertheless, she made room for Olive to enter.

“I’m not sure that’s exactly how the fairy tale went but I promise, I only bring delicious pie from the Pie Hole.” Olive said with her cheeriest smile on her face.

“What kind of pie did you bring?” Asked Vivian nicely, trying to put the delivery girl at ease.

“Oh it’s one of my favorites! It’s a Very Berry Cherry Pie!”

“Well it smells delicious. Come on in dear, share a bite with us?” Vivian encouraged as Olive entered. The Very Berry Cherry pie would indeed be enjoyed.

Still amongst the living 

1. Drogo 
  2. TCS 
  3. Saoirse 
  4. Lisin
  5. MMCS 
  6. TJ 
  7. Silver 
  8. Jesse 
  9. SJM 

There are no clues in this story. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions. Please get them in by approx. 7pm EDT. Thanks! 

• Love 2

Sorry for the delay and the shorter than normal story. Faster speeds and better stories should resume shortly. 

Day 2

The facts were these. Tuck Tuckerson was 19 years, 9 months, 12 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes, and 18 seconds old when he was stung by an overly energetic bee. As he went into anaphylactic shock, his lower lip swelled up immensely as his body reacted to believed toxins. Young Tuck had been inside his room in the middle of winter when he was stung, leading his parents to believe that somehow foul play was involved. Emerson Cod was hired to investigate after the police determined that a bee sting was a natural cause. Emerson now sat around the Pie Hole informing his partner Ned of all the details of the case and trying to ignore the recently dead girl who kept trying to butt in.

“How do the police not believe that this death was foul play? Bees are incredibly inactive this time of year. It’s just too cold for them to leave their hives.” Chuck the recently dead girl chimed in. An amateur beekeeper, Chuck’s bees were on top of Ned’s apartment complex cautiously covered to protect them from the wintery chill.

“Don’t you think I know that? Don’t you think that’s why I’m on the case? Now when are we getting to the funeral home, dead boy is young and no longer kickin’” Emerson snipped.

Still amongst the living 

1. Drogo 
  2. TCS 
  3. Saoirse 
  4. Lisin
  5. MMCS 
  6. TJ 
  7. Silver 
  8. Jesse 
  9. SJM 

There is 1 clue in this story. Day will end in 36 hours or when a DL is reached. Thanks! 

• Love 1

Okay, I've read the story about half a dozen times, and I still can't figure out the clue. And I've got less than five minutes before I've gotta put my laptop away and get ready for work.

I'll give it another pass or two (or twenty) later, but for now, I got nothin'.

• Love 1

I don't get what's happening here, but let it not be said I didn't post!

Also, I added up the numbers  and then reduced them, and came down to 4 two ways, which Lisin?? (19+9+12+22+5= 85, 8+5=13, 1+3=4. and then also 1+9+9+1+2+2+2+5=31, 3+1=4)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SilverStormm said:

This^^^ Do we really think lightning would strike twice, or is someone playing us for fools, hmmm. 

This is why I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment, @SilverStormm.

@Jesse, MuuMuuChainsmoker's first post read something about 'should I pretend to investigate Silverstormm, to get this party started' before she edited it with the 'Hooray!' image. Something similar happened in another game not too long ago, on a different site.

In other news, I'm kinda with @Drogo, this day may move quickly.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, saoirse said:

This is why I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment, @SilverStormm.

@Jesse, MuuMuuChainsmoker's first post read something about 'should I pretend to investigate Silverstormm, to get this party started' before she edited it with the 'Hooray!' image. Something similar happened in another game not too long ago, on a different site.

In other news, I'm kinda with @Drogo, this day may move quickly.

Oh ho! 

• Love 1

For the record, I do suspect Silver just based on gut feeling from her posts.  I was trying stir up some discussion with the accusation, but I'm a complete fucking idiot and I botched it.  *Again*   

So I'm incompetent, but not a villain.  Spruce will pop back in later to vouch for me.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

For the record, I do suspect Silver just based on gut feeling from her posts.  I was trying stir up some discussion with the accusation, but I'm a complete fucking idiot and I botched it.  *Again*   

So I'm incompetent, but not a villain.  Spruce will pop back in later to vouch for me.  

All I can say is I'm counting on that I was investigated for real last night (even though it would be a waste) because I'm always suspected, nothing new there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

I do suspect Silver just based on gut feeling from her posts.

Tuck Tuckerson might agree with that gut feeling.  Isn't silver toxic?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Fine.  I'm a mason with Spruce and got my windows mixed up.  I'm an idiot 2 games in a row.    And its fucking humiliating.  

Well I still like you. And this does jive with what Spruce was saying Day 1.  

So, not as easy breezy as originally thought. 

4 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Fine.  I'm a mason with Spruce and got my windows mixed up.  I'm an idiot 2 games in a row.    And its fucking humiliating.  

4 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

I wouldn't call her incompetent (a little overzealous, maybe), but I can vouch for the masonry.  :)

• Love 2

Ok guys I found something, I'm an investigator and last Night I had investigated Jesse and she came up as a villain. So now that I've put a huge target on my back please can I get a protection toNight please!

• Love 1

Just a thought....

10 hours ago, egavasc said:

An amateur beekeeper, Chuck’s bees were on top of Ned’s apartment complex cautiously covered to protect them from the wintery chill.

And why, again, does she need to protect her bees? Because Winter Is Coming. A phrase which casts aspersions on two of the players here, Drogo and Ser Jorah Mormont.

Or I could be reading too much into it. I did just finish a long graveyard shift, after all....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Just a thought....

And why, again, does she need to protect her bees? Because Winter Is Coming. A phrase which casts aspersions on two of the players here, Drogo and Ser Jorah Mormont.

Or I could be reading too much into it. I did just finish a long graveyard shift, after all....

Nice catch, Spruce.  I personally know that I'm on the side of good, but I do have questions about SJM and his claim to be an investigator. 

We know he's a good player, and there's really no need for an investigator to out himself/herself at this time, but he did...?  Most importantly, we know he's an exceptional villain.  And he's made his investigator claim as a segue to asking for protection (a classic villain move to ensure their next target dies) which I don't think he should be given.  In case anyone's in the market for my opinion.  

3 hours ago, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

Ok guys I found something, I'm an investigator and last Night I had investigated Jesse and she came up as a villain. So now that I've put a huge target on my back please can I get a protection toNight please!

*sets out several grains of salt for the assembled*

1 hour ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Just a thought....

So that's the question, how would we differentiate which player was meant by a Game of Thrones clue? Purely hypothetically, of course. I mean, I know which one of the two I trust more, but I'd rather we see if we can figure it out via clues.

Also:

10 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

All I can say is I'm counting on that I was investigated for real last night (even though it would be a waste) because I'm always suspected, nothing new there.

I know I've used Villains that appear as Heroes under investigation before. But, for now, you tenuously have the benefit of my doubt, stormmy one.

4 hours ago, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

Tempting, as I always slightly suspect Jesse. (She's so damn nice!  What's she hiding?)

That being said, it seems a little weird that you would have investigated Jesse out of the potential pool of suspects.  

17 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Tempting, as I always slightly suspect Jesse. (She's so damn nice!  What's she hiding?)

That being said, it seems a little weird that you would have investigated Jesse out of the potential pool of suspects.  

I investigated Jesse because she was one of the quietest and that always makes me wonder about someone’s alignment. I found a villain Night 1 and I decided to speak up quickly because I felt that it wasn’t worth risking DLing someone we aren’t 100% sure of versus someone we have actual info on. Not to mention that I could die tonight so don’t wanna risk taking that info with me. If Spruce thinks that’s a clue pointing at me, welcome to straw clutching land. It makes me question whether you and he are in fact masons or clever villains when added to the fact it looks like you also wanted to set SS up (who could be a villain too for all I know, considering that was the exact same thing you did to me in another game). I guess I know who I’ll be checking tonight now and yes I am asking for protection too.

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to have her pushing up daisies

Edited by Ser Jorah Mormont
spelling error
29 minutes ago, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

I found a villain Night 1 and I decided to speak up quickly because I felt that it wasn’t worth risking DLing someone we aren’t 100% sure of versus someone we have actual info on.

Were you an investigator, you're a better player than to blurt it out with so much time left in the Day.   You'd hang onto it to see who Jesse supported/went after. 

I also don't think Spruce is not the type of player to feign masonry.  When Spruce is bad, he barely exists.  (I mean that as a compliment, BTW.)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Were you an investigator, you're a better player than to blurt it out with so much time left in the Day.   You'd hang onto it to see who Jesse supported/went after. 

I also don't think Spruce is not the type of player to feign masonry.  When Spruce is bad, he barely exists.  (I mean that as a compliment, BTW.)

I like the fact that you credit me with so much skill but to be honest? I just want to get something good done before I die and I may or may not be suffering from a hangover today thanks to being out with friends last night and having one too many jack and cokes ;)

• Love 1

Sorry guys, I'm here but barely. I got food poisoning yesterday at a staff appreciation breakfast at my office (the irony) and am basically dead, but also at work because of course I couldn't call in sick today due to complicated law firm bullshit. I haven't even had a chance to read the story. 

• Love 1

This is a very strong gut feeling that I share with the aunts.

1 to DL SilverStormm  (Drogo) 4 to test silver's toxicity

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

This is a very strong gut feeling that I share with the aunts.

Yes, because I trust Spruce too, I'm much more inclined to do this. For me, Stormmy also plays pretty aggressively, so it's hard to read her, whereas Ser Jorah's gameplay is raising red flags.

2 to DL SilverStormm  (Drogo, MMCS) 3 to test silver's toxicity

1 to DL Ser Jorah Mormont (TJtrack99) 4 to dig his grave

Edited by TJtrack99
To copy DROGO's post (NOT MMCS) correctly
  • Love 2

Oh wonderful, the first time I'm a hero with an ability: play mafia they said, it'll be fun they said, what's this then, instead of kill me at Night have me lynched? FWIW, I was considering joining the Jesse lynch if for no other reason than, because it seems fishy to me that nobody believes a self-outed inv based on ONE PERSON'S weak sauce doubts - but I think I need to make a point here for all the good it'll do. 

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to have her pushing up daisies

2 to DL SilverStormm  (Drogo, MMCS) 3 to test silver's toxicity

1 to DL Ser Jorah Mormont (TJtrack99) 4 to dig his grave

1 to DL Drogo (SilverStormm) 4 to not make a grave mistake playing follow the leader

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Oh wonderful, the first time I'm a hero with an ability: play mafia they said, it'll be fun they said, what's this then, instead of kill me at Night have me lynched? FWIW, I was considering joining the Jesse lynch if for no other reason than, because it seems fishy to me that nobody believes a self-outed inv based on ONE PERSON'S weak sauce doubts - but I think I need to make a point here for all the good it'll do. 

Why would an investigator out themselves so early, so brazenly? Surely they'd try to be more subtle about it.

I'm going to try this in the hopes of completing a DL, even though I'm not sure about it as my previous vote was.

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to have her pushing up daisies

3 to DL SilverStormm  (DrogoMMCS, TJtrack99) 2 to join the pack

1 to DL Drogo (SilverStormm) 4 to not make a grave mistake playing follow the leader

Also, good job Heroic protector last night, I hope you can do it again. And/or protect me. I'll always thank you for that :) If I die, please PLEASE consider what I tried to do.

• Love 1

SJM's comment means one of two things. Either (a) he's lying to try to save himself, or (b) he's telling the truth and Jesse's a villain. And frankly, there's something a little hinky about his gameplay, if you ask me. But, since we've probably got no chance of DLing him with less than an hour to go, I may as well go with the majority. I hope we're not wrong about this....

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to Muenster up some opposition

4 to DL SilverStormm  (Drogo, MMCS, TJtrack99, TCS) 1 to Camembert the burden of our decision

1 to DL Drogo (SilverStormm) 4 to b-Edam-ed with another cheezy pun

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TJtrack99 said:

Why would an investigator out themselves so early, so brazenly? Surely they'd try to be more subtle about it.

I'm going to try this in the hopes of completing a DL, even though I'm not sure about it as my previous vote was.

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to have her pushing up daisies

3 to DL SilverStormm  (DrogoMMCS, TJtrack99) 2 to join the pack

1 to DL Drogo (SilverStormm) 4 to not make a grave mistake playing follow the leader

Also, good job Heroic protector last night, I hope you can do it again. And/or protect me. I'll always thank you for that :) If I die, please PLEASE consider what I tried to do.

Hmm, well maybe they wanted to lynch y'know, an ACTUAL villain? Not the first time I've seen investigators do exactly that, even in a recent Harry Potter game. "In the hopes of trying to complete A DL"? So let me get this straight - you're implying that ANY DL is good, even on a hero?? That's some strategic gameplay logic right there. Honestly at this rate I kinda wanna lynch myself out of spite, to help the villains who it seems have more of a clue than we do right now.

45 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

SJM's comment means one of two things. Either (a) he's lying to try to save himself, or (b) he's telling the truth and Jesse's a villain. And frankly, there's something a little hinky about his gameplay, if you ask me. But, since we've probably got no chance of DLing him with less than an hour to go, I may as well go with the majority. I hope we're not wrong about this....

1 to DL Jesse (Ser Jorah Mormont) 4 to Muenster up some opposition

4 to DL SilverStormm  (Drogo, MMCS, TJtrack99, TCS) 1 to Camembert the burden of our decision

1 to DL Drogo (SilverStormm) 4 to b-Edam-ed with another cheezy pun

To save himself? From what exactly? That makes no sense,  since he was under zero pressure when he posted, I think there's something hinky about MMCS's gameplay, I mean why would any true mason want to make such a risky play? And by association you're also hinky. 

Speaking of gameplay - over the last 2 days a theory has slowly dawned on me: we all know that Drogo is a good hero BUT he's an even BETTER villain. I posit this theory - what if he is a villain along with Spruce and MMCS? It seems very odd that in a 9 player game there'd be a pair of masons no? Drogo was VERY (see also suspiciously) quick to believe Spruce's mason claim, he also even basically said that Spruce is easy to read because he's quiet as a villain, aka not good at being a villain, thereby subtly insinuating we should all disregard the possibility of Spruce being a bad guy. All it would take is a little coaching from a good villain (cough Drogo and/or MMCS) and hey presto, they all look like heroes... getting a hero or two on side is a nice touch and he did that very readily with TJ - who if my above theory is correct I believe is a hero - but who also took the bait hook, line and sinker (see popularity contest below). On top of all this, I further submit that MMCS's 'post-in-topic-in-error' was not an innocent mistake (MMCS is clever, do we really believe she'd make the same mistake 2 games in a row?? THAT'S waaay more hinky than anything SJM has done) and which btw, was then edited out (against mafia rules) even though she knows mods can see edited posts. I suspect they wanted to remove me vs Jesse from the game via a DL because I'm vocal and a PITA, it'd be fairly easy to get me lynched (because everyone finds it easy to suspect me sigh: even when there's zero evidence against me because there can't be any, and a lynch is started based on 'gut feelings'? Heroes, we're better than that) and then kill Jesse at Night. Pretty sure I only survived last Night because they're too scared to come at me based on my 'come at me bro' post from Day 1 - so here it is again for toNight, 'COME AT ME BRO', see where it gets you ;)

Now, why would SJM have info on Jesse being a bad guy? Maybe the villains have some switcheroo thing going on, IDK, I'm spitballing on that still, maybe she really IS a villain and part of my theory is wrong, all I know is I won't go down without a fight as a hero. There's something not right going on somewhere and instead of pressuring me, a hero, we need to apply pressure elsewhere and see what falls out. Open your eyes heroes and put aside any popularity contest mentality, and see what's really going on here. If a protector is at work please protect SJM toNight, I fear that by certain parties trying to discredit him for their own 'reasons', he will be left exposed and killed and we lose our investigator and any chance of confirming villains.

• Love 1

So, what happened to saoirse and Lisin? They checked in and then kind of dropped off there. Kept us from completing a DL. Interesting. Doesn't imply villainy (necessarily), but even Heroes without powers are needed for their discussion and votes. We have met our Fate.

Also, with a game this small, I highly doubt there are 2 Heroic investigators. For what that's worth.

Oh look, a SS post! Hold on...*sigh* Fine, darling. Your theory could be true, but I feel like the Heroic investigator probably wouldn't investigate you either way since you do tend to be more aggressive, as you admit. And word on the street is SJM is NOT the Heroic investigator. So your continued defense of them is what lead me to switch my DL, NOT that "any DL is a good DL."

I'll call for protection again, but I don't expect it. Remember who I started a DL on.

Remember-the-lion-king-33081600-500-324.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2017 at 5:17 AM, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

23 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Yikes, you guys! Thank you for not killing me when I was underwater at work and then at the theater, because it is true that I am a good guy! One of the best guys! (But seriously, who would investigate me first? No one.)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

So, what happened to saoirse and Lisin? They checked in and then kind of dropped off there. Kept us from completing a DL. Interesting. Doesn't imply villainy (necessarily), but even Heroes without powers are needed for their discussion and votes. We have met our Fate.

Also, with a game this small, I highly doubt there are 2 Heroic investigators. For what that's worth.

Oh look, a SS post! Hold on...*sigh* Fine, darling. Your theory could be true, but I feel like the Heroic investigator probably wouldn't investigate you either way since you do tend to be more aggressive, as you admit. And word on the street is SJM is NOT the Heroic investigator. So your continued defense of them is what lead me to switch my DL, NOT that "any DL is a good DL."

I'll call for protection again, but I don't expect it. Remember who I started a DL on.

Remember-the-lion-king-33081600-500-324.

^Head desk^

So now if the villains kill you = X is auto guilty LOL, nice job there, doing the villains work for them all they need to do is kill you and they place guilt fully on that person. I believe SJM's claim until proved otherwise, I have no reason not to? But I DO have reason to suspect people who start and join DL's on me based on zero evidence when I know I'm a hero. It's a two way street sweetie.

"Oh look, a SS post! Hold on...*sigh* Fine, darling"

Really..?

At least I'm contributing and making people use their heads instead of blindly taking the easy route by playing follow the leader. Maybe being a silent player is best, because they seem to fly under the radar until the end and thusly avoid investigation often. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. I may give it a try and leave you all to your fate.

• Love 1

One vote short?  That hurts. 

TJ I think you're right on with your suspicions also, but the brazen nature of SJM's comment deterred me from switching votes... possible he was protected and trying to pull some attention from SS after some doubts were vocalized.  To you and the others who trusted me on this one, you rock, and I'm sure you have your reasons to believe me that aren't as transparent as those suggested here:

22 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

All it would take is a little coaching from a good villain (cough Drogo and/or MMCS) and hey presto, they all look like heroes... getting a hero or two on side is a nice touch and he did that very readily with TJ - who if my above theory is correct I believe is a hero - but who also took the bait hook, line and sinker (see popularity contest below).

I've never won a popularity contest in my life.  [Except that time I took Carrie White to the prom, but that was more of a prom king situation and I don't want to talk about it.]   I'd say it's more likely that TJ, Spruce and MMCS believe in me because I believe in them.. and less likely that we're just the four(?) worst villains in the history of PTV Mafia.

Calling on the hero Protector to watch over either TJ, Spruce or MMCS tonight.  Jesse should be fine without protection because if current suspicions are correct the last thing the Villains would want is to clear her name and confirm said suspicions.   

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

So, what happened to saoirse and Lisin?

Day ended while I was still in bed. To be honest, I'm not sure it would have mattered, because I'm not sure how I would have voted at this point. Too many compelling arguments for me...

• Love 1