Type keyword(s) to search

Pushing Daisies Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, egavasc said:

Garbageness reached peak terrible today and it should all be getting better from here.

Poor @egavasc. Actual photo of what she was dealing with.

5c5d862c0c10da4dc95bf893466c06a6.jpg

11 hours ago, egavasc said:

But the show will be getting on the road soon. 

Actual gif of me:

tumblr_muhg49byv21qfx9mto4_r1_250.gif

• Love 3
(edited)

I promised I'd get my butt in gear and here it is. Also guys, this is the perfect show to have people come back from the dead, but I'm telling you, I learned my lesson and that will not be happening in this game! So without further ado! 

Day 1

The Piemaker was 31 years, 12 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, and six minutes old when his childhood sweetheart Charlotte “Chuck” Charles came back into his life. The circumstances in which “Lonely Tourist” Charlotte Charles reentered Ned’s life were far from ideal. For Chuck had been murdered aboard a cruise ship. But there she was, sitting in his pie shop, sitting across from him chatting eagerly with his partner Emerson Cod. Ned, the Piemaker, and Emerson often worked together to solve murders for the reward money. For Emerson was a private investigator and Ned had a special gift. With one touch he could bring back the dead and Emerson had persuaded him to use his gift to ask murdered folk who killed them, drastically cutting down his work time. But his gift had a catch. If he did not touch the person again in under a minute, someone in the vicinity would die. When it fell upon them to solve the murder of the Lonely Tourist, the Piemaker broke his rule to never let an innocent die. He could not bring himself to end the life of his childhood sweetheart again. While now Chuck could live out the rest of her days in relative peace, there was a second catch. The Piemaker could never again touch her or she would be dead forever. So there she was, sitting across from him.

“Here are your pies!” Said Olive Snook, the waitress. “Strawberry rhubarb for Emerson.” she said with her typical cheerful smile. “Jazzy apple, of course, for Ned.” Said with an extra twinkle for Olive was hopelessly devoted to the Piemaker. “And lemon meringue for Chuck.” This was said in a tone decidedly less chipper. Olive was jealous that this new mysterious woman was the object Ned’s affections and was not the type to hide her frustrations.

“Thank you Olive.” Ned said gently, as to not further encourage her. Olive had a tendency to linger and this was not a conversation she needed to be listening to. Besides, the Pie Hole did have other customers she should be seeing to.

Once she had finally left the table, Chuck started her line of inquiry again.

“But why can’t I come with you? I’m great with people and I completely understand what it means to be alive again after death. In a way I’m the best person to be in the room when you question a murder victim.”

“No, no you ain’t. This biz needs one investigator and one guy who can bring the dead back to life. It don’t need a formerly dead girl who wants to poke her nose into everyone else’s business.”  

“I hate to agree here, because you know I’d prefer to have you along, but maybe this is for the best,” Ned said tentatively. “It’s just another situation where you might be at risk. You were once at that morgue. What if they recognize you?”

“So I’ll wear a disguise. C’mon! I’ll be helpful, you know I can be helpful.”

“She can be helpful,” Ned appealed to Emerson.

“Hrrrmmmph.” Emerson snorted. The formerly dead girl would probably end up coming along regardless of what his opinion on the subject was.

Still amongst the living 

1. Drogo 
  2. TCS 
  3. Saoirse 
  4. Lisin
  5. MMCS 
  6. TJ 
  7. Silver 
  8. Jesse 
  9. SJM 

There is one clue in the story. Good luck! Day will end at approx. 5pm EDT Wednesday or if a DL happens first

Edited by egavasc
forgot to put in the end of day!
  • Love 1

It's been a while since I was this side of a game and it feels all weird and tingly, but I like it!

I've read through once and nothing jumped out. Hardly surprising since I know zero about this show, but - getting my magnifying glass and fine tooth comb out> here I go down the rabbit hole...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Jazzy apple stands out to me.  

When I think Jazzy, I think of that motorized wheelchair.

I searched "apple" with most of our names and Steve Jobs has rigged the game so that "apple" is now one of those words that links to everybody and their uncle.

Also, do NOT- and I repeat, DO NOT - open the 'jazzy apple' article on Urban Dictionary. 

8 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

olive_chuck_girth.jpg

Encore!

I don’t know if this is anything but I spotted something on my last read through.

8 hours ago, egavasc said:

“Here are your pies!” Said Olive Snook, the waitress. “Strawberry rhubarb for Emerson.” she said with her typical cheerful smile.

Typical Cheerful Smile = TCS?

I mostly noticed it because that’s how he’s listed in the player list - TCS.

• Love 2

Veeeery Interesting... Definitely seems like it could be something. 

I've not seen this show so I'm not going to be too much help during the Day with regards to searching for clues. I'll make a listy list when I get a second though because show knowledge or not I'm still the tits at research! 

• Love 2

*sigh* I get back from the store, and you're all ready to DL me. I swear, you're making me afraid to go outside. Even more so than usual....

I am a hero (well, I'm on their side, at any rate), and I know there's at least one person out there that can vouch for me.

• Love 2

I've been sniffing around the jazzy apple clue on and off allday, and I finally found something but I think it’s kinda weak sauce tbh. However, I wanted to put it out here because I usually die early as a hero, so there’s a real possibility I won’t be around tomorrow. The main reason being if we have an investigator it may be worth checking out this person toNight?

I looked at the UK and US sites for Jazz apples and here’s what I found:

On the UK site it says on one of the pages ‘Tasty Jazz apple” - Tasty = T Jazz = J

I then went to the US site and saw that it repeats the phrase “The Jazz apple this” or “The Jazz apple that” in a fair few places - again I spotted the T & J thing going on (the living player list has him down as just TJ, copyright @Ser Jorah Mormont - tyvm!).

Like I said, it may be nothing and I’m not 100% convinced as my clue finding skills are barely existent usually, but I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case…

For the first time ever, I have an actual active Night ability as a hero <woot!> which I’d love to get a chance to put to good use before dying!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

I've been sniffing around the jazzy apple clue on and off allday, and I finally found something but I think it’s kinda weak sauce tbh. However, I wanted to put it out here because I usually die early as a hero, so there’s a real possibility I won’t be around tomorrow. The main reason being if we have an investigator it may be worth checking out this person toNight?

I looked at the UK and US sites for Jazz apples and here’s what I found:

On the UK site it says on one of the pages ‘Tasty Jazz apple” - Tasty = T Jazz = J

I then went to the US site and saw that it repeats the phrase “The Jazz apple this” or “The Jazz apple that” in a fair few places - again I spotted the T & J thing going on (the living player list has him down as just TJ, copyright @Ser Jorah Mormont - tyvm!).

Like I said, it may be nothing and I’m not 100% convinced as my clue finding skills are barely existent usually, but I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case…

For the first time ever, I have an actual active Night ability as a hero <woot!> which I’d love to get a chance to put to good use before dying!

I'm a Hero, Ms. Stormm. One of the "big 4" in this game. And in fact I have an idea who TCS and his unknown mason-like person would be: Vivian and Lily Charles (and Chuck's aunts*). They're reclusive sisters living together. Everyone may find useful information here: http://pushing-daisies.wikia.com/ . Of course, I also feel like I could use some protection tonight. 

Not to wax poetic, but didn't we have a game where we were told something with Apple was the clue, and we literally could connect it to every one of the 15-20 players? And anyway, after looking through my old rounds and realizing how different my clues were, I'm going so reserve judgment on what a clue might be.

*well....one of them anyway....no spoilers!

• Love 2

I'm a hero but not requesting protection.  If our Protector is looking for advice on whose bum to cover, I recommend TJ or Spruce.  Feeling confident in those 2, notsomuch in some others..

So, y'all know I'm terrible at clues, but I'm good at lists. And while making one this came up... 

31 years, 12 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, and six minutes 

Six is the only number spelled out instead of just a number and TJ is number 6 is the character list. 

Could be nothing, but I'm just throwing stuff out there at this point.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lisin said:

31 years, 12 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, and six minutes

This bunch covers every digit between 1 and 6 except for 4 (Lisin.)

12 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Six is the only number spelled out instead of just a number and TJ is number 6 is the character list. 

Or Silver -- the only name in the list with six letters.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

TIL clue hunting is a bad idea, welp. I guess I won’t be doing that again, ever.

Nooo don't stop - that's what villains would want, to put us off looking for clues! Never ever have I thought someone was bad because they're trying to pinpoint clues, (and in past games there's been some proper dodgy 'clues' found) without any supporting evidence. I mean I'm simply asking any investigator to check TJ  (everyone claims hero) and look at the over-reaction...hmm, you'd think I'd started a lynch on him, very strange. 

577e6d287ebdd018e73f601515f24891.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Let the record show that some of us are trying to play the game and find clues...unlike others. Just sayin, come at me bro.

2 hours ago, Ser Jorah Mormont said:

TIL clue hunting is a bad idea, welp. I guess I won’t be doing that again, ever.

Not what I was trying to imply at all. There's been only one story, anyone who feels "sure" about any clues this early is going to make me feel a bit defensive. And when more than one person is focusing on me. Also, as somebody who writes terrible clues that nobody understands, I'm trying to go more from gameplay.

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Nooo don't stop - that's what villains would want, to put us off looking for clues! 

Indeed. They'd also want any investigators to reveal themselves, which is what it would take for one to clear my name. I guess Drogo's word isn't enough. *shrug*

Pretty sure I'm going to have a target on my (generous) backside, so protection would be quite appreciated. It will be worth it.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Let the record reflect I suspect all of you jerks, no matter what clues you have or haven't put forward. 

Exactly!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Not what I was trying to imply at all. There's been only one story, anyone who feels "sure" about any clues this early is going to make me feel a bit defensive. And when more than one person is focusing on me. Also, as somebody who writes terrible clues that nobody understands, I'm trying to go more from gameplay.

I went to great lengths to express I wasn't sure lol? A la:

On 19/04/2017 at 3:28 AM, SilverStormm said:

I finally found something but I think it’s kinda weak sauce tbh

On 19/04/2017 at 3:28 AM, SilverStormm said:

2 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Indeed. They'd also want any investigators to reveal themselves, which is what it would take for one to clear my name. I guess Drogo's word isn't enough. *shrug*

Why would/should Drogo's word be enough? He has no more info at this point as far as we know than we do and he could be a villain for all we know? Lastly, why would an investigator reveal themselves if you're a hero? Normally an investigator will only say something if they find a villain? Otherwise I'd assume you passed the check. So what exactly is bothering you about potentially being investigated precisely?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

Also, as somebody who writes terrible clues that nobody understands,

I wouldn't say you write terrible clues that nobody understands - but I do recall more than one conversation about a clue being too 'easy' and then everyone found a vaguely worded part of the story that mentioned something about trees or wood and tried to DL @The Crazed Spruce. Just sayin'!

I'm okay that we didn't DL anyone Day One, but I do appreciate throwing all the spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks...

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Why would/should Drogo's word be enough? He has no more info at this point as far as we know than we do and he could be a villain for all we know? Lastly, why would an investigator reveal themselves if you're a hero? Normally an investigator will only say something if they found a villain? Otherwise I'd assume you passed the check. So what exactly is bothering you about potentially being investigated precisely?

Pretty sure TJ was joking, since my word and $2 will barely get you on a bus around here. 

I don't know anything about TJ for fact, but Spruce hinted at being a Mason and agoraphobic- I looked it up and found a crazy aunt character- then TJ came forward to say who he thought TCS was hinting at. Typically Villains don't come forward to vouch for or defend anyone, let alone D1, let alone those claiming main-character Hero roles.  Again, I would recommend that protection tonight is sent to Spruce or TJ. 

I do find it odd @SilverStormm that you were worried about getting killed in one post, then asked the Villains to come at you in the next?  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I went to great lengths to express I wasn't sure lol? A la:

Why would/should Drogo's word be enough? He has no more info at this point as far as we know than we do and he could be a villain for all we know? Lastly, why would an investigator reveal themselves if you're a hero? Normally an investigator will only say something if they found a villain? Otherwise I'd assume you passed the check. So what exactly is bothering you about potentially being investigated precisely?

Girls, girls.  You are *both* shifty and untrustworthy. :) 

Morbo.jpg

• Love 3