Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: 2 Jackets, 4 Dancers

• Start Topic

Airs August 13, 2019

As news spreads of Elliana's shocking departure, Abby challenges the team with a ballet group dance inspired by "The Angry Birds Movie 2," casting GiaNina as the lead; rivalries brew as two duets compete against their partners for ALDC jackets.

The group totally earned that 3rd place.  The eyelashes were too much.   Sarah and Pressley looked sloppy.

Smart move pairing Brady with Lilliana.  Their ballet technique is the best of the bunch.

The moms are ALL completely annoying.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, kicotan said:

The group totally earned that 3rd place.  The eyelashes were too much.   Sarah and Pressley looked sloppy.

Smart move pairing Brady with Lilliana.  Their ballet technique is the best of the bunch.

The moms are ALL completely annoying.

Sarah's rude comment about GiaNiana's ballet is uncalled for. Especially considering how often she sticks out due to poor technique in dances. Sarah is far below Gia talent wise. 

And I have yet to be impressed with Pressley. I agree with Abby's comments she's invisible and doesn't stand out. Still don't see what Abby saw in her.

All the moms are annoying, but Stacey is the worst. Everything out that woman's nasty mouth is negativity. 

• Love 3

Wow - each and every one of these kids have more talent than most of the OG girls. I can do without the moms as they are replicas of the OG moms but I am impressed by each and every kid there. I think it's less about the kids and more about the fact that the dance itself didn't come across as few know about the new movie. This is the first I heard about this. The eyelashes were a bit much but I actually enjoyed the routine and I often wonder what the routines they were up against were like.

It's a judges final call - no matter how good you are - they just might not like you and will award a team that isn't as good. Been there - done that folks.

• Love 3

My thoughts:

• I really liked both duets. Brady and Lilly are great duet partners because I really think they play to each other's strengths. Gia and Pressley's duet felt more like they were trying to outdance each other. However, I did think Gia was the better performer out of the two; she really embodied the character and perform well despite being in a wheelchair for 1/2 the dance.
  • The group dance was a big 'meh' for me. The costumes looked great, but I was not a fan of coloured false eyelashes. Casting Gia as the "lead" felt like a massive red herring because she wasn't featured until the tail end of the dance.
  • Poor Michelle, the show clearly isn't what she thought it would be like. I don't remember Abby being so demeaning to a mom and I think most it is uncalled for, as I don't think she is the worst mom there (I'd reserve that for Stacey and Ashley).
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Bananna said:
  • I really liked both duets. Brady and Lilly are great duet partners because I really think they play to each other's strengths. Gia and Pressley's duet felt more like they were trying to outdance each other. However, I did think Gia was the better performer out of the two; she really embodied the character and perform well despite being in a wheelchair for 1/2 the dance.
  • The group dance was a big 'meh' for me. The costumes looked great, but I was not a fan of coloured false eyelashes. Casting Gia as the "lead" felt like a massive red herring because she wasn't featured until the tail end of the dance.

I found it interesting that the kids were more mature than the moms--and Abby.

After their disappointing 3rd place finish the group dance, of course the moms had plenty of blame to pass around, especially on Gia. And Abby made it seem like someone had literally taken a dump on stage. But the kids, while upset about not getting first, were very supportive of one another: "You all danced great." "You looked really good." And when one of the moms was going on a rant--in front of the kids--about how terrible Gia was, one of the dancers said, "We win as a team, we lose as a team." 

I wasn't a fan of the concept of the Angry Bird dance. I believe that played a role in the judges' decision more than the dancing itself. 

I like the Big Brother duet a lot. Brady and Lilly were both excellent. But a duet about Munchausen by proxy? Eh, I just couldn't get on board with the concept. 

• Love 1

Ok so normally I can deal with the Abby bullshit but today to me was another level. Michelle didn’t deserve that and dangling the jackets for who did great in duos and not giving them out. Like not even to the winners (personally I don’t like ellianna) but still they did great and that was bullshit. 

• Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, topanga said:

I found it interesting that the kids were more mature than the moms--and Abby.

After their disappointing 3rd place finish the group dance, of course the moms had plenty of blame to pass around, especially on Gia. And Abby made it seem like someone had literally taken a dump on stage. But the kids, while upset about not getting first, were very supportive of one another: "You all danced great." "You looked really good." And when one of the moms was going on a rant--in front of the kids--about how terrible Gia was, one of the dancers said, "We win as a team, we lose as a team." 

I wasn't a fan of the concept of the Angry Bird dance. I believe that played a role in the judges' decision more than the dancing itself. 

I like the Big Brother duet a lot. Brady and Lilly were both excellent. But a duet about Munchausen by proxy? Eh, I just couldn't get on board with the concept. 

Several of the girls are quite poised and mature.  Lily is exceptionally so for her age, and seems to have a talent skillset to match.  I hope someone who really knows what they're doing is keeping a handle on where and how Lily is being physically pushed so that she doesn't do damage to herself that can have repercussions down the road, both on a career and personal level.  Stacey should give some thought into whether playing the villainous stage mother might come back to haunt Lily's ability to book jobs.

The concept of the bird dance didn't fit the narrative Abby gave the girls.  Gia danced as one of them, not a nemesis.  She looked like a victim to Brady's villainy in the end.  Pretty careless not to get the concept right when you're taking sponsor money for the number.

Munchausen by proxy number was completely indecipherable and no reflection on the talents of the dancers' performing it.  They performed what they had, which was a muddy nothing of a concept.       

16 hours ago, Saraher said:

Ok so normally I can deal with the Abby bullshit but today to me was another level. Michelle didn’t deserve that and dangling the jackets for who did great in duos and not giving them out. Like not even to the winners (personally I don’t like ellianna) but still they did great and that was bullshit. 

Ellianna?  She wasn't there.

The notion of degrading someone is repulsive and says a lot about producers that they would script something so ugly.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Several of the girls are quite poised and mature.  Lily is exceptionally so for her age, and seems to have a talent skillset to match.  I hope someone who really knows what they're doing is keeping a handle on where and how Lily is being physically pushed so that she doesn't do damage to herself that can have repercussions down the road, both on a career and personal level.  Stacey should give some thought into whether playing the villainous stage mother might come back to haunt Lily's ability to book jobs.

The concept of the bird dance didn't fit the narrative Abby gave the girls.  Gia danced as one of them, not a nemesis.  She looked like a victim to Brady's villainy in the end.  Pretty careless not to get the concept right when you're taking sponsor money for the number.

Munchausen by proxy number was completely indecipherable and no reflection on the talents of the dancers' performing it.  They performed what they had, which was a muddy nothing of a concept.       

Ellianna?  She wasn't there.

The notion of degrading someone is repulsive and says a lot about producers that they would script something so ugly.  

Sorry I meant Lilliana. I honestly get their names confused so much. 

yeah this episode was way to much. Like it’s not even like damn that’s crazy. It’s holy mf Abby and the producers are bat shit cray

• Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, topanga said:

I agree, "Obvious Commercial Dance" isn't likely to be a favourite.