Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter 7

Bort

After a terrifying prophecy, Myfanwy's desperation leads her to a place to trust in a powerful enemy. But when her plans go awry, she is forced to run for her life while her memory slips away.

Airdate: Sunday, August 11, 2019

Where did Myfanwy get all of that money for guns and passports and spending money and to renovate her apartment with a secret super high-tech panic room. I can figure out a way things could have happened, but I am not sure that is what happened.

The secret stock predicting lady comes and then she is never heard from again. The Checquy could use her to finance their secret budget or the UK could use her to stave off economic collapses.

It seems like Myfanwy and Gestalt would spend most of their nights together. I don't understand why the Gestalts didn't realize Myfanwy had lost her memories. They are closer to her and have known her longer than anyone else.

It seems like there is one episode left, I am not sure where the story is headed.

• Love 1

Wow, so Myfanwy's sister is pretty selfish, trading the Syrian kid for her sister and, probably worse, wanting to wipe most of her sisters life away so that she can have her back. I actually suspected that Myfanwy actually wiped her own memory, so I didn't exactly see this coming with her sister being the driving force. Maybe she could justify giving them the kid, as this might be a more stable and safer life for him, even if it means losing his freedom, but wiping her sisters memories, even the good ones, just seems really crappy, even if she thought it was for the best. 

So I guess thats why Gesalt was pretty pissed with Myfanwy, from their (his? Her? I dont really know the right pronoun) perspective she pretty much hit it and quit it! 

• Love 1

I didn’t see it as selfish of her sister to wipe her memory. Even if not truly right, she did it with good intentions. It’s not like she did it for money or power. She was worried what Checquy would do to Myfanwy in the long run and wanted her safe with her family. In her eyes she was saving Myfanwy. 

Edited by goldilocks
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Wow, so Myfanwy's sister is pretty selfish, trading the Syrian kid for her sister and, probably worse, wanting to wipe most of her sisters life away so that she can have her back. I actually suspected that Myfanwy actually wiped her own memory, so I didn't exactly see this coming with her sister being the driving force. Maybe she could justify giving them the kid, as this might be a more stable and safer life for him, even if it means losing his freedom, but wiping her sisters memories, even the good ones, just seems really crappy, even if she thought it was for the best. 

I am sure the only way Linda Farrier would let Myfanwy leave the Checquy would be if Myfanwy's time in the Checquy was completely erased. I think the memory erasing guy is way more useful for the Checquy than Myfanwy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So I guess thats why Gesalt was pretty pissed with Myfanwy, from their (his? Her? I dont really know the right pronoun) perspective she pretty much hit it and quit it! 

I thought that she had slept with Alex only so that whole scene was weird. But I guess that was supposed to portray that that’s what the Gestalt group feel even when she’s physically only with one of them? Truthfully my full attention wasn’t on this episode so I may have missed some crucial parts. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, goldilocks said:

I thought that she had slept with Alex only so that whole scene was weird. But I guess that was supposed to portray that that’s what the Gestalt group feel even when she’s physically only with one of them? Truthfully my full attention wasn’t on this episode so I may have missed some crucial parts. 

I would have liked to have seen what the others were doing at the party while the one was having sex. They were probably rolling around on the floor like they lost their mind.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I would have liked to have seen what the others were doing at the party while the one was having sex. They were probably rolling around on the floor like they lost their mind.

That would have been better for sure! I guess they wanted to go for a more shocking scene showing showing her rubbing against all of them. 😁 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Didn't we see that in the last episode? One of them was getting his freak on with Monica and the other three were sitting at a conference table, barely able to hold a conversation with Myfanwy.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

think the memory erasing guy is way more useful for the Checquy than Myfanwy.

Yeah, if she does want to leave, thats probably for the best. I wish we knew more about Myfany before she got her memory wiped to know what she really would have wanted. I dont blame her sister for wanting to get her away from Checquy, but its hard to tell if Myfanwy did want to stay, had been brainwashed, thought she had no choice but to stay, or if she really wanted to leave and that it would have been for the best.

Best line of the night goes to Myfanwy:

Myfanwy:   What about Teddy?

Ingrid:   Teddy?

Ingrid:   I thought you were Alex.

Teddy:   I am.

Myfanwy:   Bullshit.

Myfanwy:   You know I can tell you all apart in a dark room with my hands behind my back.

(Because you know this freak has done it a million times.)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, goldilocks said:

I didn’t see it as selfish of her sister to wipe her memory. Even if not truly right, she did it with good intentions. It’s not like she did it for money or power. She was worried what Checquy would do to Myfanwy in the long run and wanted her safe with her family. In her eyes she was saving Myfanwy. 

An evil deed done with "good intentions" is still an evil deed. Nobody has the right to wipe another person's memory even if it is done with "good intentions", you need their consent first if it is really for their benefits. 

As we all saw, her sister's actions put Myfanwy in tremendous danger and rendered her almost an idiot that is unable to function either at work or as a person. In the process, the sister also got a lot of people killed, good and bad.

The sister is evil. I would stay as far away from her as possible if I was in Myfanwy's shoes.

Edited by showme

To me, an evil person is someone who destroys lives just for the fun of it. Bronwyn was trying to free her sister from what is essentially a cult that had kidnapped her, and presumably Bronwyn had already exhausted all other conventional means of extracting Myfanwy. And if you're talking about someone who's brainwashed, asking their permission isn't going to work anyway.

Evil? No. Short-sighted dumbass? Yes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

To me, an evil person is someone who destroys lives just for the fun of it. Bronwyn was trying to free her sister from what is essentially a cult that had kidnapped her, and presumably Bronwyn had already exhausted all other conventional means of extracting Myfanwy. And if you're talking about someone who's brainwashed, asking their permission isn't going to work anyway. 

Evil? No. Short-sighted dumbass? Yes.

Brainwashed from whose perspective? It is all subjective isn't it?  Someone who is "brainwashed" from your perspective could be just passionate about their own beliefs. it doesn't give you any rights whatsoever to impose your will over their own.  If you do, then you are a evil person and a dictator or a tyrant. Free will is still a fundamental value that we cherish in England. 

Oh by the way, by "you" I don't mean you personally. It is a general term. 

Edited by showme
21 hours ago, showme said:

An evil deed done with "good intentions" is still an evil deed. Nobody has the right to wipe another person's memory even if it is done with "good intentions", you need their consent first if it is really for their benefits. 

As we all saw, her sister's actions put Myfanwy in tremendous danger and rendered her almost an idiot that is unable to function either at work or as a person. In the process, the sister also got a lot of people killed, good and bad.

The sister is evil. I would stay as far away from her as possible if I was in Myfanwy's shoes.

Evil is more than a little harsh. Misguided maybe, but certain not evil. If she had done it for money, for instance, that would be evil. 

• Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, showme said:

She did give her consent. Linda called her and brought up the fact that she was never happy in the Checquy and that she needed to medicate herself to get through the day. At the end of the conversation Myfanwy told her "I'll miss you", which meant she explicitly gave her permission. At no point did her sister have a gun pointed at her head forcing her to do it.

• Love 4
On 8/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, Rambler said:

She did give her consent. Linda called her and brought up the fact that she was never happy in the Checquy and that she needed to medicate herself to get through the day. At the end of the conversation Myfanwy told her "I'll miss you", which meant she explicitly gave her permission. At no point did her sister have a gun pointed at her head forcing her to do it.

I will miss you? You are really stretching it.

18 hours ago, showme said:

I will miss you? You are really stretching it.

Linda called Myfawny to reassure her that she was OK with her leaving the Checquy. She told Myfawny "We both know it's for the best", and then finished with "I'll miss you". Myfawny replied "I'll miss you too", which I took to mean she had decided to go along with the mind wipe and was telling Linda goodbye because she wouldn't be seeing her again. Is there some other way to interpret this exchange?

• Love 5