Type keyword(s) to search

Jerry O - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Today's show was the best one so far, IMO. Really funny.

The Stamos stuff was priceless. Someone here questioned how Rebecca could put up with Jerry, and all I can say is, they definitely must share a sense of humor. Some women might not really like their current husband talking about her ex, but apparently it's not a problem. I remember he had her on once when he guest-hosted WW, and they did a "hot seat" segment when he asked her a bunch of questions about Stamos. She played right along. 

He won me over today! I agree, the Stamos stuff was priceless! 

image.thumb.png.7c2eeb42503bfa9714abc3235cff66d4.png

• Love 3

I took a peek based on your guys' review and I did find yesterday HT amusing and the skit. I would do better with him if he would settle a little and not be OTT about everything. Like today, he did not need to do the Tom Cruise move 15 times, 10 would have been more than enough. :) 

Also, at some point he needs to stop showcasing photos of his wife and trying to get her hired as a NY housewife.  

How long is his sneek peak?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

How long is his sneek peak?

Three weeks in total

I guess daytime talk has tougher ratings benchmarks? I remember when Jimmy Fallon began his late night gig that at least the first 3 weeks were cringey. Stephen Colbert too. Or maybe the ratings requirements are lower, and it's more about whether or not Jerry chooses to sign on for more? 

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I guess daytime talk has tougher ratings benchmarks? I remember when Jimmy Fallon began his late night gig that at least the first 3 weeks were cringey. Stephen Colbert too. Or maybe the ratings requirements are lower, and it's more about whether or not Jerry chooses to sign on for more? 

I think that I remember that WW is going to make the final decision about whether or not he gets picked up and a studio of his own. I think she’s an EP of his show. You are correct in that he could choose not to sign on for more shows regardless of her decision. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, druzy said:

Is Andy Cohen also a producer? I hope Jerry gets his show picked up and now that Bethenny isn't returning to RHONY maybe Jerry's wife Rebecca can be a housewife. 

I would like to see Rebecca become a HW. I’m sure some of the shenanigans that happen in their household would be quite entertaining to watch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that I remember that WW is going to make the final decision about whether or not he gets picked up and a studio of his own. I think she’s an EP of his show. You are correct in that he could choose not to sign on for more shows regardless of her decision. 

What?? That better not be true! I don't know much about the hierarchy or even what exactly all the producer titles mean, but I paused the end credits and she's one of 3 EPs. Brandon Monk is main one (showrunner) and Jerry is the other. (Wendy is listed as "Just Wendy")

There are tons of other EPs and producers with various titles and then 3 Exec VPs from Debmar Mercury. I would assume they make the final decisions on whether to sign him up for more, and that depends on whether they can sell the show in syndication. (I don't see that happening right away since most stations have their fall line ups already in place)

But of course, I could be totally wrong. 

I didn't see Andy Cohen's name in any of the credits.

Oh, and I missed the first 10 minutes today due to breaking local news about a special prosecutor assigned to the Jussie Smollett case. Fuck you, Jussie Smollett!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, druzy said:

Is Andy Cohen also a producer? I hope Jerry gets his show picked up and now that Bethenny isn't returning to RHONY maybe Jerry's wife Rebecca can be a housewife. 

I hope Andy won't decide to add Wendy Williams to the cast of RHONY. Those 2 have been rather chummy lately. I would love for Jerry's wife to be part of RHOBH or RHONY!

• Love 1

Another good show today. Jerry making fun of Lori Laughlin was cracking me up, then he had on Todrick Hall and Dog the Bounty Hunter. Dog's segment was tough though, still so broken over the loss of his wife. 

Only 2 more episodes. 😞 I hope something happens for Jerry and the show. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Watching now. Jerry just announced that during the commercial Wendy let him know that he can cover the Lori L trial. 

I saw that! Jerry was joking about it, then Wendy called? Hmmm she must be watching his show very closely.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:
21 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Watching now. Jerry just announced that during the commercial Wendy let him know that he can cover the Lori L trial. 

I saw that! Jerry was joking about it, then Wendy called? Hmmm she must be watching his show very closely.

Unless maybe the whole thing was scripted? I couldn't tell. Either way, it was cute.

But now I'm wondering what's up with season 2 of his show Carter, especially since he was saying that after the 6 3 weeks of Jerry O was done, he would be unemployed.

Edited by shapeshifter
3 not 6 weeks

I watched the opening 15 minutes today and again, every gossip item that Jerry talked about turned into something about HIM.  He'll spend about 15 seconds setting up an item to talk about (Kim K, Leslie Jones, Alec Baldwin were a few today), then suddenly he's wasting 3-4 minutes of show time on HIS spider problem, HIS game show fiasco and HIS time as a young actor (complete with clips of his scenes in "Stand By Me").  I thought Wendy talked a lot about herself... Jerry has her beat by a mile.  Then, there are all of the filmed on-the-street inserts and opening segments, devised to stretch out the hour.  I find them tedious.  Another annoying thing - everyone that Jerry discusses during the HT segments he LOVES!!!! them.  He ends up coming off too 'ass kissy'. 

The guy can be funny but either his ego is out of control or the producers are unable to find better, more entertaining ways to fill the time.  I wish him well but I would not watch if he does get his own show.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

**I put this same comment in the Wendy thread**

Wendy came out SURPRISE! as the mystery guest.  Jerry went into hyper kiss-ass mode.  Yeesh, dude, we know you want the job but groveling is so sad. 

They sat on the chairs like in interview mode, and threw compliments back and forth, making sure to remind us that she's back on 9/16.  Wendy would not say 100% that he is being renewed, but said it's up to the powers that be, but she loves him on the show.  Then she related how she heard Jerry say that he wanted to cover the Loughlin case, and she wanted to let him know that it's gonna happen.  Then Wendy took over the whole conversation and we heard how Jerry stood her up for lunch at a fancy NYC restaurant, and she ended up calling Blac Chyna.  Poor Jerry (and us), having to listen to this windbag drop the names of her other "friends" like Nene Leakes, Rick Ross, Rahkim.  She seemed on speed or something, not letting Jerry hardly get a word in.  I eyerolled very hard when Jerry called her "the legend" as they went to commercial break.

• Love 3

How did I know today's "mystery" guest would be Wendy? Yes, major roll eye, and I see she's still name dropping, like it's some big deal to be buds with freaking Blac Chyna. Oh and NeNe. *barf*

And yeah, Jerry is doing some major ass kissing. He wants the gig pretty badly I guess.

• Love 2
On 8/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, CynicalGirl said:

then he had on Todrick Hall and Dog the Bounty Hunter. Dog's segment was tough though, still so broken over the loss of his wife. 

Beth was a lovely human being. I'll have to catch this episode of Jerry O on YouTube.