Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Chapter 5

(edited)

Myfanwy and Monica work to extricate a young EVA, while Gestalt's suspicions of Myfanwy lead to a confrontation. Farrier is suspended, only to seek powerful revenge.

Well, that was a surprise revelation about Myfanwy.

and Linda Farrier. So she has powers too. 

Did she wipe her memory? but why?

Edited by showme
9 hours ago, showme said:

and Linda Farrier. So she has powers too. 

Did she wipe her memory? but why?

I think many of the Checquy office workers have powers, just not the strongest of powers. The escaped EVA guy in the yellow jacket admitted to wiping Myfanwy's memory.

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I think many of the Checquy office workers have powers, just not the strongest of powers. The escaped EVA guy in the yellow jacket admitted to wiping Myfanwy's memory.

It would seem Linda's power is very strong. Linda seems to be using Nezim to wipe her own memory in the final scenes of this episode where she put a headphone on Nezim's head and hold his hands, seemingly encouraging him to wipe her own memories. 

4 hours ago, showme said:

It would seem Linda's power is very strong. Linda seems to be using Nezim to wipe her own memory in the final scenes of this episode where she put a headphone on Nezim's head and hold his hands, seemingly encouraging him to wipe her own memories. 

I just think she is gaining Nezim's trust by easing his pain and getting him to come with her by being gentle with him.

Linda's power is very strong, especially since she didn't get invited to the dinner like the other Checquy office workers. I can imagine her humming the Winnie the Pooh song "Rumbly in my Tumbly" as she walked through the park.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, showme said:

Linda seems to be using Nezim to wipe her own memory

I didn't get that feeling. I just thought she put the headphones on him so the high-frequency noise she sent out wasn't hurting him anymore. She's got some plan and isn't going to wipe her own memory.

So it seems there's a lot of shit going on that we're slowly learning and everyone has secrets. It's a bit slow going but I'm liking it. The characters are interesting but there are a lot and I still don't know everybody's name.

I do have to keep reminding myself it's England when Myfanny keeps getting in the cars on the wrong side. 😁

• Love 5

I didn't understand the rubbing melted beeswax behind the ears.

The American woman still annoys me but was much more human in this episode, although her efforts to win sympathy and favour still seem ridiculously transparent.  I'm beginning to think that the wheelchair woman is a bit dim.

28 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

Yes, I was confused at all that too. The only thing I can think of is that the sound she emits can hurt her too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:

It would seem Linda's power is very strong, but it takes a long time for her to prepare before she can use it. I thought the beeswax was a calming ritual (possibly smell or heat related).

My take was the the beeswax (or whatever it was) made her deaf.  When her husband came in after she used it, she used sign language to talk to him.  Then she can't hear the vibrations that she is sending out.

• Love 4

I didnt at all see it coming with Myfanwys sister (possible sister?) being the woman looking for the kid with the mind wipe powers. So much went down in just a few minutes, especially that Linda is seriously scary when she gets pissed off or when she enters the field! 

I hope that the mind wipe kid gets out of all this alright, he seems like the only person around who doesent have dark secrets or some kind of sketchy hidden agenda. I dont even know if I trust pre-mind wipe Myfanwy at this point! 

• Love 2