Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Law & Chaos: Demons' Victims Unit

I didn't think season 5 was so bad.  I might be in the minority, but I loved having Spike around if only to see him and Angel bicker about the stupidest things.  Plus, we got the real Cordelia back for a brief shining moment.

Best of all, it gave us the best episode of the series: "Smile Time!"

• Love 2

Smile Time is one of the funniest hours of TV ever, IMO.  I'll also never forget Strega's recap and her "If puppet Angel vamps out, this episode is getting an A regardless of what else happens". Sure enough...! Wes wrestling with a giant toy and the power walk with puppet Angel are just superb. I can giggle just thinking "You're a wee little puppet man!"

There were bad parts - Eve, or whatever her name was. Ugh. No. Needed Lilah (in whatever form) or proper Cordy back (not whatever the hell they turned her into after S2, although her final episode was much more like the old Cordelia). I was never a fan of Wes/Fred and I just could not give a crap

when Fred died

(I have omitted a huge plot point just in case people are re-watching unspoiled!).  That said, I hated Illyria too

although it was good to see Amy Acker get something different to do

• Love 2

I'm with nosleepforme for the most of it on this one except I think I liked it much more. Yeah, the stand alones were weak (sometimes extremely weak, hello Numero Cinco, Why We Fight) but I liked Harm's Way (and Harmony in general) Lineage and Life of the Party, and Soul Purpose and onwards I thought was great and sometimes superb (besides the aforementioned WWF).

AHITW/Shells still gets to me and I love Illyria. I liked Gunn more than I had for years and I learned to tolerate Spike and rarely being bothered by him (which was a big step up from hate with the passion of a thousand suns in Buffy season 6-7).

I have a hard time ranking season 1, 4 and 5 they all being so different and I like them in such different ways, tho season 1 is easily the one I rewatch the most. Season 2 is still my favourite and season 3, for me, is the worst (Lilah elevates the season a lot but it's still the worst).

Edited by joelene

I've been rewatching s5 since Angel is going away from Netflix on April 1st.  Gods I love this season so much. It's my absolute favorite season despite a couple of weak episodes. My season rankings are 5, 4, 3, 2, I really think overall Angel holds up well over time.and IMO s5 really holds up the best on re-watch years later. The styles, wardrobe are not faddish and the lack of meta references keep it from seeming dated. It's still plays fresh IMO.

I love the chance they took on going with Team Angel working with Wolfram and Hart.  I thought I would hate it, but it really did go better than I expected. The only way s5 could have been better was the return of Holland Manners.

--I love almost all the characters but Wesley remains my favorite character, followed by Angel, Lilah, Illyria and Lindsey. I could go on for days about Wesley Wyndham-Price and his beautiful, perfect character arc. LOVE HIM.

-- I wasn't a big fan of Eve and wish Lilah had stuck around longer.

-- Smile Time remains the most gloriously ridiculous  silly episode of Angel ever. 

-- Fred's death was heartwrenching and well acted. I was never the biggest Fred fan but I thought Illyria was great.

-- I shipped Weslah hard. That was such a messed up relationship but I liked seeing two "older characters" who were of a similar age and totally screwed up. Plus they were just SO PRETTY together and hot. Did I say hot and pretty?

-- I was less pleased with the IMO sudden romance between Wesley and Fred but whatever. Not a huge issue.

-- I love the revisit to the Spangel frienemish/bromance.

-- I have always liked Connor and though he got a bum rap because of his crappy life but they did Connor a solid in s5 and for that I'm grateful .

-- And the finale remains the most satisfying finale of any show ever.  "I kinda wanna kill the Dragon. Let's go to work".  FOREVER GROSS SOBBING. Perfect ending was perfect IMO.

Sigh.

I guess I'll end up having to buy the DVD's. Boo Netflix Boo!!!!

• Love 4
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2014 at 4:14 PM, null 43626740570 said:

I would say more like LA Demon Law?

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2014 at 5:55 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I didn't think season 5 was so bad.  I might be in the minority, but I loved having Spike around if only to see him and Angel bicker about the stupidest things.  Plus, we got the real Cordelia back for a brief shining moment.

Best of all, it gave us the best episode of the series: "Smile Time!"

A great ep although not the best of the series. Angel and Spike as the odd couple were definitely a highlight, without their girls around they're out of sync. 

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2014 at 7:25 AM, Kalliste said:

I actually really liked season 5. I really disliked Darla/Connor/Cordelia so Seasons 1 and 5 are the ones I really like. Plus, Illyria

REALLY? I've never heard anyone actually profess that before?

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 11:26 AM, pootlus said:

Smile Time is one of the funniest hours of TV ever, IMO.  I'll also never forget Strega's recap and her "If puppet Angel vamps out, this episode is getting an A regardless of what else happens". Sure enough...! Wes wrestling with a giant toy and the power walk with puppet Angel are just superb. I can giggle just thinking "You're a wee little puppet man!"

There were bad parts - Eve, or whatever her name was. Ugh. No. Needed Lilah (in whatever form) or proper Cordy back (not whatever the hell they turned her into after S2, although her final episode was much more like the old Cordelia). I was never a fan of Wes/Fred and I just could not give a crap

Hide contents

when Fred died

(I have omitted a huge plot point just in case people are re-watching unspoiled!).  That said, I hated Illyria too

Hide contents

although it was good to see Amy Acker get something different to do

Eve never really replaced Lilah for anyone I think, she just lacked that sassiness and vulnerability, Stephanie was sorely missed. 

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 4:05 AM, BC Mama said:

"Is there a Giapetto in the house!!"  her hee... 

A line you wouldn't get on any other show!

• Love 1
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 5:52 PM, joelene said:

I'm with nosleepforme for the most of it on this one except I think I liked it much more. Yeah, the stand alones were weak (sometimes extremely weak, hello Numero Cinco, Why We Fight) but I liked Harm's Way (and Harmony in general) Lineage and Life of the Party, and Soul Purpose and onwards I thought was great and sometimes superb (besides the aforementioned WWF).

AHITW/Shells still gets to me and I love Illyria. I liked Gunn more than I had for years and I learned to tolerate Spike and rarely being bothered by him (which was a big step up from hate with the passion of a thousand suns in Buffy season 6-7).

I have a hard time ranking season 1, 4 and 5 they all being so different and I like them in such different ways, tho season 1 is easily the one I rewatch the most. Season 2 is still my favourite and season 3, for me, is the worst (Lilah elevates the season a lot but it's still the worst).

Really, that's so strange, season 1 is such early days? Personally I like 'Why We Fight?' although maybe it could have done with a little more Spike. 

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, Female83 said:

I liked season 5 and it had the return of Spike. Plus Connor was more bearable than he was in seasons 3 and 4. 

ABSOLUTELY! Much like when Riley returns on Buffy he's much better in small doses, I couldn't stand regular Connor but as a guest star he was grand. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, catrox14 said:

I've been rewatching s5 since Angel is going away from Netflix on April 1st.  Gods I love this season so much. It's my absolute favorite season despite a couple of weak episodes. My season rankings are 5, 4, 3, 2, I really think overall Angel holds up well over time.and IMO s5 really holds up the best on re-watch years later. The styles, wardrobe are not faddish and the lack of meta references keep it from seeming dated. It's still plays fresh IMO.

I love the chance they took on going with Team Angel working with Wolfram and Hart.  I thought I would hate it, but it really did go better than I expected. The only way s5 could have been better was the return of Holland Manners.

--I love almost all the characters but Wesley remains my favorite character, followed by Angel, Lilah, Illyria and Lindsey. I could go on for days about Wesley Wyndham-Price and his beautiful, perfect character arc. LOVE HIM.

-- I wasn't a big fan of Eve and wish Lilah had stuck around longer.

-- Smile Time remains the most gloriously ridiculous  silly episode of Angel ever. 

-- Fred's death was heartwrenching and well acted. I was never the biggest Fred fan but I thought Illyria was great.

-- I shipped Weslah hard. That was such a messed up relationship but I liked seeing two "older characters" who were of a similar age and totally screwed up. Plus they were just SO PRETTY together and hot. Did I say hot and pretty?

-- I was less pleased with the IMO sudden romance between Wesley and Fred but whatever. Not a huge issue.

-- I love the revisit to the Spangel frienemish/bromance.

-- I have always liked Connor and though he got a bum rap because of his crappy life but they did Connor a solid in s5 and for that I'm grateful .

-- And the finale remains the most satisfying finale of any show ever.  "I kinda wanna kill the Dragon. Let's go to work".  FOREVER GROSS SOBBING. Perfect ending was perfect IMO.

Sigh.

I guess I'll end up having to buy the DVD's. Boo Netflix Boo!!!!

Personally I always thought Holland had run his course, would have liked a little more Lilah but then that would have ruined her and Wes' wonderful send off. Wes and Fred wasn't sudden, it had been brewing for a long time,