Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Superintendent

I think that press secretary will hook up with woman Jessica hired.

The Mayor is such a dolt. I like the brother more than him. Does anyone know what is going on? Did they show who killed that man? Did the Mayor's brother kill him or is it a mystery?

I still think the Mayor Novak actor was a miscast.  I know little about Chicago politics (is he meant to be patterned after Rahm Emanuel?), but he doesn't seem all that competent. At the moment, I feel like the Nick actor has a bit more gravitas and should have been cast as the mayor instead. 

Is anyone other than the press secretary mature and competent?  The social media coordinator was a smug, condescending dummy. I rolled my eyes at Jessica rehiring her. 

Cousin Angela is harsh, but I get it.  Hopefully, Jessica gets it.   

Jessica's outfits did not disappoint.

• Love 3
(edited)

Whoa, Yoli is a lot. I hope they dial that character back a notch or two.

Is the mayor married? Having an affair with your boss is iffy. Having an affair with your married boss would seem like a career death wish.

They upped Jessica's wardrobe game in this episode. Yay. Her clothes are mostly what I'm here for.

is he meant to be patterned after Rahm Emanuel?

I think so, appearance-wise anyway. I don't yet understand what the producers think they've gained by doing that though because outside of Chicago or D.C. or the New York-based media there probably aren't a lot of people who would get any possible parallels.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I realize this is only the second episode, but I don't have high hopes for this show; and I was SO looking forward to it.

It's just dull, snooze-worthy. The show probably won't make it the whole first season before getting yanked from the air.

3 hours ago, Auntie said:

It's just dull, snooze-worthy. The show probably won't make it the whole first season before getting yanked from the air.

That'd be extremely rare for a cable show.  The whole season will likely air.

• Love 2
On 7/29/2019 at 5:55 PM, Auntie said:

I realize this is only the second episode, but I don't have high hopes for this show; and I was SO looking forward to it.

I agree. I am tired of these characters. Suits just pummeled them into the ground. 

Gina Torres deserves so much better 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:55 PM, Auntie said:

The show probably won't make it the whole first season before getting yanked from the air.

USA Network will air the entire season assuming it was already filmed (most likely), but nothing's stopping them from burning off the rest of the episodes if the ratings continue to plummet (0.12/0.570m viewers from the first episode compared to 0.11/0.468m in the third).