Type keyword(s) to search

Defending Jacob by William Landay

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

How did the book end?

I haven't read the book, but Hope was murdered and Laurie finds Jacob's shirt with a red stain on it, so she's convinced he killed Ben and Hope. She crashes the car and Jacob dies but she survives. I think they wanted to make things more ambiguous (on top of keeping book readers on their toes), but they could've done that by still killing Hope while having Jacob survive. 

• Love 4
Spoiler

I read the book a long time ago, so I had to look at some spoilers remember everything.   I loathed Andy (father of Jacob) and the way he covered up two murders his son did.    I don't understand how his wife could even stand to be around him after figuring out what Andy did. 

The book is certainly thrilling.   

Late to the game, but just watched this, a few weeks after reading the book.

The book was far more compelling, and by the end, I was convinced Jacob was guilty (of 2 murders).  Show was okay, but as usual, nowhere near as good as the book.

• Love 1