Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: The Last Mermaid

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mating season turned out to be less successful than everyone had hoped, leading them to question the possibility of the mermaids procreating on land. Ryn brings a new mate ashore for the good of the colony, but it raises emotional questions for Ben and Maddie.

Promo:

Clip 1:

Clip 2:

Clip 3:

Original air date: 7/18/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

THIS is going to be interesting.  I look forward to this episode, but what happened to the other posters? Have others lost interest or are they like me, watching the episode at our leisure?

(edited)

Haha, I loved that when Ted mentioned that crazy runs in his family, he said that it made him worry about Ben but he said nothing about worrying that he might get some of that crazy himself. Although I'm glad that he showed Helen the letters that he found from her mother to his grandmother, I wish he hadn't waited until she came to him.

Interesting that Helen went to Beth with the letters. I'm glad that Helen is trying to heal the rift and doesn't hold a grudge after everything Beth has done. I don't know if I could be that forgiving of someone who kidnapped me, but I guess Helen is just a nicer person than I am.

I hate that Ben decided to listen to Ryn's song again. Ryn and Nicole went to so much trouble to heal Ben and Maddie from the effects of her song and then he went and gave himself more brain damage.

I also hate how worked up Ben as getting about Ryn mating. It's not like she was hooking up left and right for fun. She's trying to save her species from dying out. I get him feeling jealous because he loves her, but sheesh, try to be rational and reasonable about this, Ben.

I am not a huge fan of the other mermaids but I totally cracked up when they told Xander they haven't been able to get pregnant and he said, "Wow," and then one of them said in a completely deadpan voice, "Yes. Wow."

I know seeing Chris watching cartoons was supposed to be a big dun-dun-DUUUUUUUUUN but I was like eh, can we get back to everyone else?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

It's been a while so I may remember wrong, but wasn't he Xander's friend that was in the military facility after his boat was attacked by mermaids? Back in early season 1. He escaped together with Donna.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

Can someone remind me who Chris is? Please.

Chris was last seen at the police station when Xander, Calvin and Ben were arrested for the murder of Xander's father. Xander, Calvin and Ben went free, Chris went to the military base where he spilled his guts and then had his memory wiped.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Weird episode.  The story was jumping all over the place.  I'm starting to suspect that these writers may have too many stories going on at once. They need to settle down and reduce the number of stories up in the air or add some episodes to the season. They never did explain what the hybrids needed Levi for.  Was it just for the communal services?  What was Levi being prepped & washed for? 

Writers, please stop with the hallucinations, the story is already becoming muddy and the hallucinations are making it worse.

Did Helen just suggest that the two stragglers, "Get in on the action"? when deciding to take them to where the mating party was? Kind of a strange way to express what should have been a private coupling. Do they all need to beat the newcomer up as foreplay?

How long can Ryn resist what her heart is trying to tell her: Mate with Ben?  She seems on edge with him and it has nothing to do with the Parnell massacre.  Her lips tremble slightly like she wants to kiss him and mate, but holds back. Poor Levi, missing out on some mer-goodies.  Speaking of, what happened to Levi?  Where did he go after he & Ryn nearly got twisty with their bodies in the cabin.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Do they all need to beat the newcomer up as foreplay?

I don't think so. I think Ryn is going to teach them human foreplay with no fighting.

8 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Speaking of, what happened to Levi? 

I was wondering that too. The military must have got him.

Who was the dead Mermaid on the operating room table?  She looked like Donna, but her body had barely decomposed.  AngelKitty, I had forgotten that Ryn, now an expert at human foreplay, was attempting to teach the stragglers the art of foreplay. So many things were happening in this story. The stragglers came on land looking for Levi?  Damn, Levi is Prime Mating material, too bad he was nowhere to be found.

This show is introducing characters out of the blue without following up on it.  For instance, we still don't know who the Mermaid was that appeared trapped in the sunken ship. Now, we have another aggressive mermaid who wanted to mate in the bar.  Thank the stars she didn't meet up with Calvin. Can Calvin be any more pathetic?

Now we have "Bearded Mer-Guy" who just happened to be in Ryn's swimming radius in the sea, and Ryn brought him home to meet the folks why and how?  Didn't they consummate already in the water and Ryn came back still seeking to mate (however her body indicated that she was not pregnant), but when did she go back in the water and bring back "Bearded Mer-Guy" and why bring HIM back if he didn't do the job the first time. 

Still don't like Beth, she's a Master of Deception, and probably lies like she breathes.

Where is Nicole? I thought Ben would find Nicole's body when he was searching in a secure military installation with no visible ID and runs into a photo spread of the Thruple's sexy times and eventually runs into Chris. (WTF?)

Who was the dead Mermaid on the operating room table?  She looked like Donna, but her body had barely decomposed.  AngelKitty, I had forgotten that Ryn, now an expert at human foreplay, was attempting to teach the stragglers the art of foreplay. So many things were happening in this story. The stragglers came on land looking for Levi?  Damn, Levi is Prime Mating material, too bad he was nowhere to be found.

This show is introducing characters out of the blue without following up on it.  For instance, we still don't know who the Mermaid was that appeared trapped in the sunken ship. Now, we have another aggressive mermaid who wanted to mate in the bar.  Thank the stars she didn't meet up with Calvin. Can Calvin be any more pathetic?

Now we have "Bearded Mer-Guy" who just happened to be in Ryn's swimming radius in the sea, and Ryn brought him home to meet the folks why and how?  Didn't they consummate already in the water and Ryn came back still seeking to mate (however her body indicated that she was not pregnant), but when did she go back in the water and bring back "Bearded Mer-Guy" and why bring HIM back if he didn't do the job the first time. 

Still don't like Beth, she's a Master of Deception, and probably lies like she breathes.

Where is Nicole? I thought Ben would find Nicole's body when he was searching in a secure military installation with no visible ID and runs into a photo spread of the Thruple's sexy times and eventually runs into Chris. (WTF?)

14 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Who was the dead Mermaid on the operating room table?  She looked like Donna, but her body had barely decomposed.

I think that was Donna because someone specifically said something about Ryn's sister and that was Donna, right? Jacks-son, try not to think about why the body hasn't decomposed much.

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I think that was Donna because someone specifically said something about Ryn's sister and that was Donna, right? Jacks-son, try not to think about why the body hasn't decomposed much.

Yes, Donna's name was mentioned but not with regard to the body in their morgue. Was Donna one of the Mermaids buried in the woods? If so, why were their bodies dug up? It was intimated that the military dug up the bodies, but I couldn't make out the twists of how the "Bodies in the forest" rumor started and who was ultimately responsible. Did Xander tell Nicole, and Nicole told her superiors? Who spilled the beans and why? For AngelKitty's concern for my well-being, why hasn't the body decomposed more? 😜

Oh lordy, you're going to make me think about this, aren't you?

20 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Yes, Donna's name was mentioned but not with regard to the body in their morgue.

True. I think it was mentioned in relation to the dug up graves because they were worried about telling Ryn, but I really don't know who was in all those graves. Didn't Helen find her mother's coat in one of the empty graves? Were there any other bodies from that time?

Xander took the reporter to the graveyard before they were dug up so I think he's the leak to the military, or somebody, about that. We don't know if Nicole knew about the graveyard but we know the reporter did.

Did Beth's group know about the graveyard?

You're right, there are too many stories.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Oh lordy, you're going to make me think about this, aren't you?

58 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Yes! 😛

5 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Xander took the reporter to the graveyard before they were dug up so I think he's the leak to the military, or somebody, about that. We don't know if Nicole knew about the graveyard but we know the reporter did.

Did Beth's group know about the graveyard?

I know Xander took the reporter to the graveyard, but I don't know what he expected to come out of that reveal. The guy is a reporter, what did Xander expect after showing him that AND, it may have been my eyes, but I thought the graves were glazed over for some reason, then afterwards they were clearly dug up.

2 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

The guy is a reporter, what did Xander expect after showing him that

Tee hee, Xander's not too bright. I think he was trying to distract him from something else but I can't remember what.

54 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Tee hee, Xander's not too bright. I think he was trying to distract him from something else but I can't remember what.

I think Xander wanted to give him something because of the threat of the reporter bringing up the Eco-Terrorism suspicion with regards to Xander's boat and trawling line he purchased that day. Xander bit, and offered up a small proof of something different in the waters.  That's what Xander was hoping to distract him from, the eco-terrorism.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Ryn said that she mated in the water with Beard Guy and several other mermen. Ryn returned to land and said she wasn’t pregnant. It wasn’t clear why though. Ben and Maddie ran more tests and said the level of contamination in the water was probably a large factor in why she and the other mermaids hadn’t been able to get pregnant in recent years. They floated the idea of Ryn possibly being able to get pregnant if she weren’t in the water being exposed to all the contamination. She went back into the water to fetch a merman so she could try mating on land. She couldn’t find Levi so she brought back Beard Guy. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ryn said that she mated in the water with Beard Guy and several other mermen. 

Taking care not to judge, but Ewww! I laughed at the end of the Ryn/Bearded Mer-Guy coupling when she smacked him with her tail. Is that like a pat on the head for a job well done? What's the purpose of lashing out with their tails? Re-establishing dominance after the deed is done? Of course, we don't know because this show never really goes in to mermaid heirarchy or system of governance or policing rogue mermaids. Speaking of, where is Katrina? Eliza, the blonde, White, siren has certainly acclimated herself to the world above the surface. She did a good job of showing the Un-named brunette Siren around town.

Theres sketchiness afoot in  the top secret government lab! 

Ben, put the music down, and get your head on straight. No way do I think  that he will go all murder-y and violent, I am more worried that he will hurt himself than anyone else. 

I love Ryn trying to make mer-sex less violent and more gentle and romantic. "Instead of us just violently thrashing all over each other and me biting the crap out of you, lets take this down a notch. Lets put on some Boyz to Men, get this fire going, get a nice candle, and lets get this going..."

• LOL 2