Type keyword(s) to search

The Matt Ruff novel: Like The Green Book But With Literal Monsters

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Is Letitia Black or Biracial in the book?

Letitia is much more light-skinned than Ruby, favouring her father's side; she at one point remarks that strangers would never figure they were related.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SeanC said:

Letitia is much more light-skinned than Ruby, favouring her father's side; she at one point remarks that strangers would never figure they were related.

Thanks! It's pretty obvious though that TV Leti is biracial and not just a light skin black woman; I wonder if that will be addressed or explained in the show. Plus, she's played by one of the more well known biracial actresses who comes from a well known acting family. 

Side note, I just got done reading a very interesting article about the erasure of black women in film and TV and how many of the limited roles for black women go to biracial women who tend to have an ethnically ambiguous or obviously biracial look. 

• Useful 1

I'm just starting the show, and have been reading the book on-and-off since February (I have trouble concentrating now). Was the woman in red, at the beginning, the same woman who transforms into the white woman in red, later in the book? I don't remember them seeing her, before they found the house, and everything that happened there. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Anela said:

I'm just starting the show, and have been reading the book on-and-off since February (I have trouble concentrating now). Was the woman in red, at the beginning, the same woman who transforms into the white woman in red, later in the book? I don't remember them seeing her, before they found the house, and everything that happened there. 

Yes she was.

• Love 2