Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Just Like at Home

A few random comments: 1. Thank God Drew told Amy she needs to get her shit together. I thought that was a pretty realistic storyline—I’ve known of real young adults who’ve similarly run away from college—and when Drew confronted her, I thought it was sweet and completely consistent with his character. 2. Seriously, what the HELL Is wrong with Joel? Yeah, pizza and bunk beds (???) will definitely mend your children’s broken hearts. 3. Awwww, Hank. I know Carl turned out to be a nice guy after all, but I have no choice in the matter—I have to root against him in favor of good ol’ weird ol’ Hank. 4. Am I the only one? I officially hate Camille. I predict next week she’ll be all, “Whatever, Zeek, we can’t sell the house after all because s’mores!” 5. Even covered in mud, Adam and Kristina are the Whitest Couple in America.

• Love 2
3. Awwww, Hank. I know Carl turned out to be a nice guy after all, but I have no choice in the matter—I have to root against him in favor of good ol’ weird ol’ Hank.

This.

I too like that they have fleshed Hank out more this season. His interactions with Max and with Adam are great. And any reason to get Tom Amandes on my tv screen on a more frequent basis is something I welcome.

Definitely agree that it was time for Drew to give Amy that encouragement to move on. The Joel story hits a little close to home for me - my sister split with her ex about two years ago now, and when he moved out, he got bunk beds for their daughter and son at his new apartment. Of course, my sister and former brother-in-law didn't have all the silly drama with Penny and Roy going on, but the kid stuff, I can relate to...

I apologize for any insensitivity in my previous post, stacey. I can only imagine how upsetting that storyline must be for people who's experienced similar situations. It has surprised me how emotionally involved I've gotten in the Joel-Julia storyline. Earlier in the season I was literally yelling at the TV, I was so mad at her. And now, well, I'm just mystified at how opposed he's been to the idea of reconciliation. At first I expected them to reveal that he was involved with his boss and was therefore looking for an excuse to leave Julia . . . but I dunno . . . maybe he was just ready to say "enough." It's making me crazy, but I like that they've taken his character in an unexpected and interesting place.

No apology necessary, Portia! Just offering a different perspective; I actually kind of got a kick out of the bunk bed story line, since it was something from my experience. And to be honest, my niece and nephew love having bunk beds at their dad's, so much so that my sister now has them at her place.

I liked Joel from the get-go on this show, and have pulled for him more than I think any other character, but I have been frustrated with him this second half of the season. I don't understand what caused him to decide that he was done, I'm with you there. Guess we'll just have to see where this goes...

• Love 1

So, here I am, a little late to the party, finally catching up.

Peter Krause, coming down with a fever. HA! I love how the siblings rallied around Jules, it was nice.

Kudos to Drew, it's about time I say. Like it when Amber is a big sister.

I am liking Hank more and more.

At a loss with Joel.

Awwww to Victor calling Jules to help go back to sleep, they needed a bonding moment.

All In all, a good episode.

• Love 1

I've been binge-watching the show, and I'm glad to see episode threads appear for the remainder of the show's run.  I apologize in advance for binge-posting.

From the beginning, Joel has been my favorite male character.  He seemed like the perfect family man, and I loved that Joel and Julia seemed to have a solid marriage, which is why this sudden turn of events is a huge WTH? moment for me.  I don't understand why he has completely shut down when it comes to talking about their marriage.  

I loved how Drew gave Amy the push she needed.  He is absolutely adorable.  However,I'd choose Amy in a heartbeat over Natalie.  

Hank is a great addition to the show, IMO.  If he makes Sarah even remotely more bearable, it will be a miracle.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2015 at 9:13 AM, HyacinthBucket said:

From the beginning, Joel has been my favorite male character.  He seemed like the perfect family man, and I loved that Joel and Julia seemed to have a solid marriage, which is why this sudden turn of events is a huge WTH? moment for me.  I don't understand why he has completely shut down when it comes to talking about their marriage.

I am even later to the party than you were, but I agree on the Joel character assassination. He changed dramatically, and for very weak reasons. If they had maybe 1-2 years of history together then I might understand it, but he had about a decade of history with his wife where they appeared quite strong together. Very strange.

But...

I love that they separated because it gave us what might have been the nicest scene in this show's history...the four Braverman kids' wine and dance party. They could have blown that up into a full episode on its own and I'd have loved it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Even later to the party.  Julia and Joel... really show, you had to go there?  I hope it turns out to be worth it... because frankly, this storyline sucks. 

Where are Amy’s parents? It’s been weeks and weeks, surely the college would have done a welfare check and then called her parents.  College kids aren’t just allowed to disappear even though class attendance seems optional. Plus, where is Drews’ RA- who should notice a random stranger being there for weeks. 

Carl now seems to be a nice guy.,,, who I don’t like at all.  Exactly why did Sarah move out of the guest house and become a building super in the first place? 

I do like it when the Braverman support each other. 

Edited by mythoughtis