Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: #slipperyslope

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, marinw said:

"Don't shoot yourself in the dick."

I'm liking this season so far. Am I alone?

Penny is wearing a Bauer hockey helmet. awe...

There are some things I liked - but also a lot of what drew me to the show they got rid of so ... I didn't sign up for a regular West Wing show with edgy social issues.  I mean - yay for a show going into social edgy issues but I signed up for 24+WestWing.  Guess that's not coming back.

I might have stuck around if they'd gone with Aaron and Emily but they gave us this random insta-love interest for Aaron instead.  Nope.

And they got rid of Chuck and Mike, Hannah still feels like she's on another show and the only compelling new character is the crazy campaign lady.

Plus the plot is boring.

• Love 2
(edited)

So I decided to give episode 2 a chance, and found it to be a little better.
I might finish the season, but it is not bingeable for me.

Lauren Holly as Mars addict-wife is interesting--but did we really need this? Fentanyl is pretty lethal, so maybe her role has an expiration date. 
I wouldn't mind if his role had an expiration date too.

I liked Seth when he said "They're both right" with regards to outlawing child marriage was an imperative,  but that if it was done before the election, it wouldn't happen. Maybe Seth can become COS.

On June 9, 2019 at 7:32 PM, phoenics said:

I didn't sign up for a regular West Wing show with edgy social issues.  I mean - yay for a show going into social edgy issues but I signed up for 24+WestWing.  Guess that's not coming back.

I would probably prefer "West Wing show with edgy social issues" to "24+WestWing," but I think they're going with the latter.

I might have stuck around if they'd gone with Aaron and Emily but they gave us this random insta-love interest for Aaron instead

I'm still anticipating that Aaron's "insta-love interest" and Seth are just obstacles to the OTP of Emily+Aaron. I mean, they even had that exchange of:
   [ISABEL] How did things end between you and Emily? 
   [AARON] They didn't even start. It was one kiss over two years ago.

And given the way they telegraphed Aaron's winning the Veepstakes with the beefcakes pix, I think they will get to that OTP.

ETA: Unless they're going with a May/December relationship with Emily/Kirkman.

And they got rid of Chuck and Mike, Hannah still feels like she's on another show and the only compelling new character is the crazy campaign lady.

Plus the plot is boring.

😞 😞 😞  and 😞 
Yeah, I'll give you all of these, @phoenics

I hope the next episode or two might bring Hannah into the same show as Kirkman, but there are only 10 episodes, so . . .

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I started watching this on Netflix and the first thing that came to me is how many "shit" and "fuck" there characters will say. After being on Network TV and all the censorship, it is like the proverbial "children in a candy store". I could do a BINGO of who is going to curse/swear and how many times. Calm down writers, we know everyone swears, you don't have to have one every two minutes.

• Love 5
On 6/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, alexvillage said:

I started watching this on Netflix and the first thing that came to me is how many "shit" and "fuck" there characters will say. After being on Network TV and all the censorship, it is like the proverbial "children in a candy store". I could do a BINGO of who is going to curse/swear and how many times. Calm down writers, we know everyone swears, you don't have to have one every two minutes.

I think the salty language is realistic enough (in that I'd expect people in such high-pressure jobs to swear like sailors) but I agree, Netflix way overdid it. In the network days, Kirkman might get really mad and call someone a son of a bitch. Now he spends five seconds with a Rubik's Cube and declares "these fucking things are impossible!" even though there is no one present to hear him curse. Maybe it's a deep 24 reference. We never heard Jack Bauer drop f-bombs and we never saw him taking a shit so maybe this scene is the answer - he would only curse while on the toilet.

In any case, when everyone including the pre-teen girl on the show swears it stands out as a glaring difference to what this show was before Netflix to what it is now. And someone should have pointed that out to them. With Lucifer (another network to Netflix show), they didn't forget they now have license to swear but they kept it pretty toned down (especially in a show about the Devil!) and situation-appropriate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3