Type keyword(s) to search

Foster

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Can’t believe there aren’t more comments about this one! I found it totally engrossing, maybe because I’m a former foster care social worker. 

Agree. This was really good. Great points about how kids in foster care are treated by the law. Really sad in parts. Loved the foster mother with all the kids. The way she handled the one daughters story about her parents telling her she had the devil inside made my heart melt. I didn't get such caring from my own biological family.

• Love 4

I loved that foster mom with all the kids also. There were several tears and several smiles throughout this documentary. I hope the best for the dad whose girlfriend who tested positive for cocaine. I hope that this was a scary wake up call!

• Love 6

I found this very interesting as well. It takes so much devotion and kindness to be a (good) foster parent. Every person who cares for these children properly is an exemplary person. Mrs Beavers is worth her weight in gold.

To the young woman who wanted to be successful to show her egg donor/surrogate (that woman was no mother), that she was worth something, even though she tried to kill her several times- I want to tell her she’s amazing and wonderful all on her own, it doesn’t matter what that woman thinks. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

Can’t believe there aren’t more comments about this one! I found it totally engrossing, maybe because I’m a former foster care social worker. 

Really? May I ask why you left that line of work? I can imagine it was emotionally draining. 

• Love 1

I hope people who struggle to have biological children watch this.   There are options out there including fostering.   The lady who was fostering all those children should be given the Presidential medal of freedom...not some overpaid golfer.

• Love 3
(edited)

This was so moving. The woman with all the kids was just everything. Such a great person.  Such a natural mother. I'm sure growing up with all those siblings helped. She blew me away.

I'm not entirely surprised that the young couple broke up. I hope the father, Chris, gets to do the bulk of the raising. He is a committed dad.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 3