Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Triple Jeopardy

• Start Topic

The biggest waves of the season shake Jake to his core as a dangerously shifting stack threatens to capsize the Saga. Sig and Mandy haul in angry seas. Josh and Casey gamble on quota. Greenhorns face tough love, but not all captains believe in the old school ways of training.

Air date 05/07/19

Does Casey need the Discovery money that badly?  Good lord, drop the vaudeville show on the bridge and just go crabbing.  Josh is boring.  No, Josh and Discovery cannot make me want to root for him as the heir apparent to his father's skill.  Stop trying to beat that dead horse.

Jake and the Saga were good this week.  No extended bouts of whining on the bridge, just some drama when Jake expected the crew to teleport from their bunks to the deck.  They had some serious issues come up related to the waves and we got to see them deal with them effectively and efficiently.   Good work and it was interesting to watch them deal with things.  Walking on top of the pots on a rolling ship must be really scary at times.

Sig, Mandy, and the Northwestern were also good this week.  We're seeing the ins and outs of fishing and Mandy's learning process without ginned up drama.  They had a problem crop up and they dealt with it.  Interesting and I felt for the guys pushing those pots.

• Love 2

I dvr this show just so I can fast forward through all of Josh's bullshit.  That horse is dead and truthfully, many people are sick to death of this nonsense with Josh and being heir apparent.  He is NOT!  He is there only because the cameras are there.  I don't mind Casey but in order to watch him, I am subjected to the constant talk from Josh.  Just go away, Josh, just go away!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

I dvr this show just so I can fast forward through all of Josh's bullshit.  That horse is dead and truthfully, many people are sick to death of this nonsense with Josh and being heir apparent.  He is NOT!  He is there only because the cameras are there.  I don't mind Casey but in order to watch him, I am subjected to the constant talk from Josh.  Just go away, Josh, just go away!

Here's an interesting interview with Captain Derrick Ray, who took over as captain of the CM after Phil died.  My favorite quote:

"They're not fishermen, neither one of them. ... They want to make TV. Josh is not a fisherman and never will be. I think he grew up with Velcro on his shoes, because he couldn't tie a fishing knot if you held a gun to his head."

We got to meet Captain Derrick when we did the Aleutian Ballad tour out of Ketchikan several years ago.  I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him . . . but I wouldn't walk across the street to meet Josh Harris.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Here's an interesting interview with Captain Derrick Ray, who took over as captain of the CM after Phil died.  My favorite quote:

"They're not fishermen, neither one of them. ... They want to make TV. Josh is not a fisherman and never will be. I think he grew up with Velcro on his shoes, because he couldn't tie a fishing knot if you held a gun to his head."

We got to meet Captain Derrick when we did the Aleutian Ballad tour out of Ketchikan several years ago.  I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him . . . but I wouldn't walk across the street to meet Josh Harris.

Oh, I need to steal that saying about velcro shoes.  It's truly awesome and captures Josh.   Mandy could tie a knot, as could Sean or Jake.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So, as suspected, the urgent timeline for Jake was unadulterated BS.  He simply needed to fill the quota.  At least that is the latest propaganda.  How long did he let the shifting pots go before he put out the 911 to the crew to fix it?

The drama with the barren Wizard pots smells, too.  When, exactly, did those prospect pots get harvested in relation to that phenomenal haul we saw at the end?  It sure seemed like most of the fleet had  moved on from Reds, which should have left the grounds more open.  The bio mass' location would also have been pinpointed almost perfectly by then, as demonstrated by that success we saw at the end.

How horrendous was that opening cover of "Dead or Alive?"  Was Mandy singing it????  Disco had to pay the royalty (which is the real reason they stopped using the original) anyway!  And they chose that mess?

The storm was substantial, no doubt.  It was nowhere near as bad as several we've seen through the years.  Almost zero icing, as well.  So...why was the Saga the only F/V with the issue of shifting pots?  Not one mention that it could have been crew error?  I'd bet anything it was.

Disco did one helluva job not showing Edgar, who had to have been central in attempting to fix the main Northwestern crane.  I looked carefully and did not see any actual stacking.  Did they come in, offload, and go back out????  Or, did Edgar fix it and Disco edit shenanigans prevailed? 

• Love 2