Type keyword(s) to search

Child's Play (2019)

Robert Lynch
  • Start Topic

Child's Play and the Nightmare on Elm Street movies are the only horror movies that truly scared me when I was a kid so I have strong reservations about this remake. It sounds like A.I. gone horribly wrong. I wish they'd kept the possession aspect but perhaps they felt that's been overdone.

• Love 3
On 5/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, slf said:

It sounds like A.I. gone horribly wrong. I wish they'd kept the possession aspect but perhaps they felt that's been overdone.

I'm the opposite - the AI angle makes me think this version might scare me rather than making me roll my eyes like the original did. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm the opposite - the AI angle makes me think this version might scare me rather than making me roll my eyes like the original did. 

The original terrified me. I saw it at a slumber party. My friend's mom had a large doll collection, mostly American Girl, and I was so scared to go to sleep I had to call my mom to come get me, lol.

• LOL 7
(edited)

Was Chucky killing the cat really necessary? Even the original Chucky, bastard that he was, never killed a pet.

I have to say Mark Hamill nails creepy voices. Interesting that this Chucky did care about Andy, albeit psychotically. But the new design was uglier. What child in the right mind would want a doll that looked like that?

The doll company better brace itself for a TON of lawsuits...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, slf said:

The original terrified me. I saw it at a slumber party. My friend's mom had a large doll collection, mostly American Girl, and I was so scared to go to sleep I had to call my mom to come get me, lol.

I had a life-sized doll around age 5 and I used to get my older brother to help me lock it in the closet every night before bed because the first movie terrified me. I understand where you're coming from, lmao.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2019 at 3:10 AM, Robert Lynch said:

Anybody saw this movie yet?

I did. I had a lot of fun with it. Mark Hamill did quite well bringing the essence of Brad Dourif's iconic character and the acting was good overall. It feels a bit rushed in the final act, though.

The funny thing is that both Mark Hamill and Brad Dourif have both starred in iconic films and they were all in their mid 20s when their popularity emerged then. Mark with Star Wars; Brad with One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest. Funny thing is Brad mentions One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest in one of the Child's Play films and the recent one with Hamill with a Star Wars reference: Han Solo.