Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles: Off The Ark

In2You

I suspect fellow sci-fi fans all know Henry Ian Cusick (Kane) from Lost and Kate Vernon (Diana Sidney) and Alessandro Juliani (um, not sure what's his name here is... Sinclair, I think?) from Battlestar Galactica. But hey, somebody had to say it :)

I also remember Murphy from a Canadian time travel show Continuum, where he played a anti-corporate terrorist-in-making and a future rebel messiah, Julian. Sadly, the show completely went off-rails after season one, but it's still on.

Also, Terry Chen, who played Commander Shumway here, was also on Continuum as Lib8 member, Curtis Chen.  Come to think of it, he and Richard Harmon were also on Bates Motel too.  I guess where one goes, the other follows.

Loved Paige Turco on Person of Interest, as Zoe, a fixer who occasionally helped the gang, and was Reese's on again, off again, love interest.

Marie Avgeropoulous (Octavia), was on that blink and you missed it CW show, Cult, a year ago.  I think her character's name was Kristin, but I remember just referring to her as Hot Cult Girl, because her main purpose was to be hot and "seduce" the character played by Robert Knepper.

I still remember Isaiah Washington for his time on Grey's Anatomy and all the big controversy that went down.  I hope he changed his act after all that bad behavior.

Hey, anyone remember that Kelly Hu was actually in the pilot?!

Hey, anyone remember that Kelly Hu was actually in the pilot?!

Despite being Abby's best friend in the pilot episode, I think she was airlocked for jaywalking or breathing more than her fair share of air.  Off-screen and after hours, so no one noticed.

• Love 1

His Wikipedia page goes into more detail, but basically, it was claimed he called one of his co-stars a homophobic slur (T.R. Knight, who publicly said he was gay shortly after), and he just kept digging the hole even deeper, by acting like a fool about it at the Globes.  I also remember hearing that he almost got in a fist-fight with Patrick Dempsey over what he did.  Add the fact that T.R. was apparently close to GA IT Girl, Katherine Heigl, and it clearly wasn't going to end well for him.  So, yeah, I can only hope he learned something from that disaster.

Last night (for reasons known only to itself) my PVR recorded a movie called Austenland.  Jane Austen is high on the list of writers I read and re-read regularly but I'd never heard of this movie so I watched it.  It was a terrible movie, starring Keri Russell, about some kind of low rent theme park in England mining American dollars from women in love with Mr. Darcy and all things Austen.  A complete waste of 90 minutes. 

The only reason for a 100 fan to watch this is: Lincoln's in it.  He works at the theme park, playing a sea captain from the Caribbean complete with fake accent.  He doesn't have Lincoln's usual grime and The Abs are on view too.  The one thing his character had that Lincoln lacks so far is a sense of humour.  Ricky Whittle really seemed to be having fun with the role, much of which consisted of romancing ladies and having other characters joke about his enviable physical attributes.  It was a huge change from stoic, brooding Lincoln.     

His Wikipedia page goes into more detail, but basically, it was claimed he called one of his co-stars a homophobic slur (T.R. Knight, who publicly said he was gay shortly after), and he just kept digging the hole even deeper, by acting like a fool about it at the Globes.  I also remember hearing that he almost got in a fist-fight with Patrick Dempsey over what he did.  Add the fact that T.R. was apparently close to GA IT Girl, Katherine Heigl, and it clearly wasn't going to end well for him.  So, yeah, I can only hope he learned something from that disaster.

There's alot more too it than that. I'm not even a fan off that show but he was not the only troublesome one backstage.T.R Knight caused alot of the backstage drama. And the fight with Patrick was not over the slur. Someone who closely followed Grey's bts during that time can better explain it.

(edited)

Ricky Whittle, aka Lincoln is currently on Mistress as Daniel. Damn those abs.

Also, the actor who plays Tristan, another grounder was a wrag on Games of Thrones. He is currently a mouthless, muted man on Teen Wolf, killing cannibals.

Edited by redsox7819

I am currently rewatching Fringe (ah, the glory days of seasons 2 and 3!) and I've managed to stumble upon no less than 3 The 100 actors in season 2, almost in a row. They all had pretty small roles: the actress playing Maya (don't remember her name) was a waitress killed by a Nazi in "Bishop's Revival", Richard Harmon (Murphy) was a courier in "White Tulip" and Marie Avgeropoulous (Octavia) had an even smaller role in another episode. Kinda funny to see retroactive recognition at work.

• Love 1

Kinda funny to see retroactive recognition at work.

Just one of the many reasons I enjoy watching (and rewatching and rewatching...) Star Trek TNG. Recognizing Robert Knepper as Deanna's betrothed after seeing him as T-Bag on Prison Break just about broke my brain — as did the realization that he's actually a reasonably attractive man.

ust one of the many reasons I enjoy watching (and rewatching and rewatching...) Star Trek TNG. Recognizing Robert Knepper as Deanna's betrothed after seeing him as T-Bag on Prison Break just about broke my brain — as did the realization that he's actually a reasonably attractive man.

Another series I've noticed for this is anthology series 'The Hunger' from the late 90s -- I just started rewatching it recently and recognizing all these actors that pop up all over the place in movies and TV today who were almost virtual unknowns when it was made.

I've read the book, but I've felt like Shadow's, um, relatives, (and the flashbacks about other characters) were the strongest part of the book. Shadow and his wife were boring as hell. This casting doesn't dispel my doubts, I'm probably going to pass.

I'll be thrilled if Lincoln bites it because Octavia could be far more interesting without him, IMO.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)

According to the organizers of a The 100 convention in Brazil that was scheduled for next month, Eliza Taylor, Richard Harmon and Lindsey Morgan all have new projects lined up during the show's hiatus and will therefore no longer be able to attend said con due to filming commitments.

Edited by RedKeep

According to the organizers of a The 100 convention in Brazil that was scheduled for next month, Eliza Taylor, Richard Harmon and Lindsey Morgan all have new projects lined up during the show's hiatus and will therefore no longer be able to attend said con due to filming commitments.

I wonder if the project for Eliza Taylor is this one?  "Independent police drama" sounds like a tv series rather than movie to me, but if it's a 13 episode season or shorter, it probably won't prevent her from being on both shows.

“Searchers” hails from some of the CW’s most trusted creators: “The 100’s” Jason Rothenberg and super-producers Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. Created by Rothenberg, the trio will executive produce. Warner Bros. Television is the studio, along with Berlanti Productions.

“Searchers” is about a group of unlikely heroes who find themselves on the journey of a lifetime. Ten years after the death of their parents, a pragmatic brother and free spirited sister are forced to team up when they learn that their mother’s terrifying and bizarre stories may be a road map to discovering the great legends, myths, and unexplainable mysteries of the world.

CW Picks Up Pilots for ‘Dynasty’ Reboot and ‘Searchers’ From ‘The 100’ Creator

The season 1 Blake siblings strike again?

On 3/15/2017 at 1:14 AM, CooperTV said:

Kim Shumway, the 100 writer who wrote episodes 1.09 Unity Day, 2.14 Bodyguard of Lies, 3.11 Nevermore, 4.04 A Lie Guarded, is not coming back for season 5.

Interesting. A friend with ties to the writers room had told me they thought Shumway would take over for Rothenberg if Searchers got picked up. (Which was fairly, uh, controversial given she didn't have a lot of experience or seniority). Maybe since it didn't, she decided to move on...

On 4/14/2016 at 11:33 PM, wevel said:

I wonder if the project for Eliza Taylor is this one?  "Independent police drama" sounds like a tv series rather than movie to me, but if it's a 13 episode season or shorter, it probably won't prevent her from being on both shows.

It's an indy film. 

1 hour ago, taragel said:

Interesting. A friend with ties to the writers room had told me they thought Shumway would take over for Rothenberg if Searchers got picked up. (Which was fairly, uh, controversial given she didn't have a lot of experience or seniority). Maybe since it didn't, she decided to move on...

Everyone assumed for some reason that Aaron Ginsburg is going to take over if Jason decided it's too strenuous for him to do two shows at once. I would prefer if he did but with that stuff you never know...

And I think that part of The 100 fandom that is still supporting the show, shall we say, dislikes Kim Shumway. I think she was friends with Layne Morgan (one of The 100 writers' PAs who also had said that Bellamy/Bob benefits from white privilege, after which Bob Morley unfollowed her), that's why these two kinda blended together and are now is the fandom's disgrace.

I love tea! Lol. It seems just so super messy over there all the time. It's so rare for a show's writers to have this kind of play honestly, but I guess now with Twitter and the baiting they did.... it's not surprising.

Yeah, the friend who told me the Shumway bit said it should be Aaron but Jason had such love for Kim that they were thinking he would angle to let her take over somehow (even though she'd had some crazy promotion from PA to Writer to EP or some such). This was quite a while back, and I can't find my receipts, but I'm pretty sure that was the gist and that the other writers wouldn't be happy about that either if it came to pass.

Ginsburg seems to have a good rep as a Bellarke fan so I would be pleased if he took over. I'm not a diehard stan, but those folks need to move that relationship along just a bit. This it's just platonic stuff (BUT I WOULD DIE FOR HER/I MUST SAVE HIM!) is really getting old at this point. 

3 minutes ago, taragel said:

I love tea! Lol. It seems just so super messy over there all the time. It's so rare for a show's writers to have this kind of play honestly, but I guess now with Twitter and the baiting they did.... it's not surprising.

I think the recent BTS nonsense fandom is vaguely bitter about is the fact that Kim Shumway apparently helped the Benson sisters (who wrote 3.13 Join or Die last season and the infamous Bellarke Beach Scene in it) with 4.11 scripts. That's why nothing in it makes sense in regards to Bellarke, lol. Conspiracy theories in The 100 could go either way, honestly, but Bob Morley said he had some really emotional strong scenes in 4.11 but it was not exactly apparent on screen and these were just cut.

I don't even know what is happening in season 4 anymore, as nothing that was set up at the first episodes of season 4 had any satisfactory resolution, least off randoms Bellarke scenes.

The Bensons are the two that got into a lot of Lexa/Clexa/baiting shade, right? Going on forums and promising things would be well-handled when they knew what was coming...? I love BTS stuff, but if I were on a TV staff I think I'd take a lot of pains to avoid breaking that fourth wall. Although the amount that fandom actually matters in terms of a show's ratings/continuation is debatable.

1 hour ago, taragel said:

The Bensons are the two that got into a lot of Lexa/Clexa/baiting shade, right? Going on forums and promising things would be well-handled when they knew what was coming...? I love BTS stuff, but if I were on a TV staff I think I'd take a lot of pains to avoid breaking that fourth wall. Although the amount that fandom actually matters in terms of a show's ratings/continuation is debatable.

IIRC, Shawna Benson was the one who went to the Clexa related forum and said like, guys you have nothing to worry about. So yeah, combined with jason being all "It's gonna be great!" it was really unfortunate behavior all around.

34 minutes ago, taragel said:

::smh::: My friend just said they heard that Kim and Jason had a big falling out (maybe over the show's leadership going forward), which is why Kim left...

Ooh! The BTS on this show is now more interesting now than the actual show, I swear!

• Love 1

rememory-henry-ian-cusick-01-600x550.jpg

From director/co-writer Mark Palansky, the dramatic mystery Rememory explores the unexplained death of visionary scientific pioneer Gordon Dunn (Martin Donovan). With everybody searching for the device he’s invented – which has the ability to extract, record and play a person’s memories – a mysterious man (Peter Dinklage) with questionable motives successfully tracks down the machine and uses it to try to figure out who’s responsible for what’s happened, even if it sends him straight into his own memories.  

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, actor Henry Ian Cusick (who plays Dunn’s business partner, Robert Lawton) talked about why he wanted to get involved with Rememory, the interesting mix of genres, how he find the experience of collaborating with filmmaker Mark Palansky, deleted scenes, and how we process our own memories. He also talked about how the time jump will change things in Season 5 of his CW series The 100, what he learned from making his directorial debut on the show, and playing a human on Marvel’s Inhumans.  

Collider:  How did you come to be involved with Rememory? Was this just a script that came your way?  

HENRY IAN CUSICK:  Pretty much. I was just finishing up The 100 in Vancouver and my manager said, “There might be a role in this thing called Rememory, and Peter Dinklage is in it.” When I heard about Peter Dinklage, I was like, “I will, of course, stay to try to get this role.” He’s such a great actor, and I’m a big fan of Game of Thrones. And then, I met Mark Palansky, who directed it, and I eventually succeeded in getting the role. We shot it very quickly in Vancouver, and it was great.  

When you read this script, what was it about the story that must struck you and made you want to be a part of telling it?  

CUSICK:  I couldn’t put my finger on what genre it was. I was like, “What is this? Is it a whodunit? Is it sci-fi?” The script was a bit different from the final film, but I was a bit intrigued by it. I’ve got another film coming out, called Chimera, which is in that same thing of being neither one thing or another. It’s not sci-fi, but it is sci-fi, it’s futuristic, it’s a whodunit, it’s a character piece, and it brings up interesting questions about memory, which are fascinating. All of those things intrigued me, and that’s why I got involved.

Henry Ian Cusick on ‘Rememory’ and the Major Changes Ahead in ‘The 100′ Season 5

Edited by CooperTV

The 100 developer, executive producer and showrunner Jason Rothenberg has signed a multi-year overall deal with Warner Bros. Television, the studio behind the CW’s post-apocalyptic science fiction drama series.

Under the pact, Rothenberg will continue at the helm of The 100, which is returning for a fifth season in early 2018. Additionally, he will be developing new projects targeted for network, cable, on-demand/streaming and digital platforms via Warner Bros. Television, Warner Horizon Scripted Television, Warner Bros. Animation or Warner Bros. Television Group’s digital venture, Blue Ribbon Content.

‘The 100’ Showrunner Jason Rothenberg Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV

devin-bostick-natalia.jpg?w=446&h=299&cr

EXCLUSIVE: Devon Bostick, who co-starred on CW’s The 100, and Natalia Dyer will star in the indie drama Tuscaloosa, along with Tate Donovan (The Only Living Boy in New York, 3 Generations) and Marchant Davis. Philip Harder directed the film from his own screenplay, based on the novel of the same name by W. Glasgow Phillips.

Devon Bostick & ‘Stranger Things’ Natalia Dyer To Star In ‘Tuscaloosa’

Chris Larkin, star of The 100 (incidentally also known for its dark- and heaviness) and founding member of the band d’Artagnan, has just released a new solo album titled The Happiest Album Ever Made.

It is his second album as a solo artist under the name Carry Hatchet; the debut album The News Today was released in 2015.

The full, happiest album was released on November 13, and is available to purchase for the price of your own choosing.

‘The 100’ star Christopher Larkin releases solo album ‘The Happiest Album Ever Made’

Edited by CooperTV
On 1/28/2016 at 3:06 PM, FurryFury said:

I’ll be thrilled if Lincoln bites it because Octavia could be far more interesting without him, IMO.

.....and she was!

Also watched Eliza in the Christmas movie, I liked it. I thought she did well.

Chai Hansen (Ilian) stars in a new ABC series called The New Legends of Monkey.

Lindsey Morgan has a small role in Beyond Skyline (2017) with Frank Grillo. It was nice to see her.

Edited by CooperTV

shadowhunter2.jpg?w=2000&w=800&q=85

EW has a first look at Jordan Kyle’s arrival, and not surprisingly, it involves Simon. As fans of the books know, Simon and Jordan become friends and even roommates, despite the fact that Jordan has a secret. But will the same plot unfold on the show? “Jordan comes into Simon’s life in a fun, unexpected way,” showrunners Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer tell EW. “The two instantly hit it off, but we soon find out there’s a lot more to Jordan than meets the eye, and repercussions that affect more than just Simon.”

Hansen, who also stars in the upcoming Netflix series Monkey, will join the show in its upcoming third season, which premieres March 20 on Freeform.

Shadowhunters first look: Chai Hansen joins season 3 as Jordan Kyle