Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Thomas Gregson: He's not Lestrade

I was pretty disappointed with him at the beginning; I don't know if it was the writing or directing, or if Aidan Quinn wasn't feeling it, but I really thought he was awful. So flat. But now he seems to have gotten some verve. Wish they'd do more with his character, though. Not necessarily angsty family backstory, but something with a twist. Maybe a funny hobby?

• Love 1

I've got your back, lisin! I've always found him dreamy. To be fair, though, I suppose if you're not familiar with him in his younger days his dreaminess isn't as obvious.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

jird, that's true. I am somewhat old so perhaps his dreaminess is more of a carryover from my youth than on this particular show. Sigh. Aidan Quinn. Benny and Joon! Blink! Legends of the Fall!! Dreamy. 

Aiden is great with JLM and Jon Michael Hill. He's also pretty great with Lucy Liu.

There should be a way to have more Gregson without shoehorning him in. ::goes to think::

edited: wishes go elsewhere

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

I can't help it, I find Aidan Quinn super dreamy.

I'm with you on this. Have been a big Aidan fan since his early days. Man, those eyes and that voice! Due to reasons of life being very busy over past few years, haven't checked out "Elementary" yet but having seen AQ recently, I can vouch for his continued dreaminess. 

"Avalon" and "Benny & Joon" are my favorite of his roles. 

• Love 1

Aiden is great with JLM and Jon Michael Hill. He's also pretty great with Lucy Liu.

There should be a way to have more Gregson without shoehorning him in. ::goes to think::

So honest question -- I'm watching this series only because of Aidan. I don't have much of a need in my life for yet another Sherlock Holmes story and don't love procedurals as a general rule....so is there enough of Aidan's character development to make this worth the time investment for me? Also consider that I can't stand Lucy Liu.  Does Gregson, as a character, ever get fleshed out enough such that he is a real presence other than just facilitating between Holmes and various crime scenes?  

Are there any particular episodes that stand out or are strong on Gregson? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by baileythedog

Quoting myself to apologize. I got lost in Aiden's pretty eyes. ;D Those eyes, that voice...

I'm just glad he's still in the show.  I hope he has some scenes with John Noble! That could be fun! 

(Practical Magic was my first Aiden Movie. I know, I'm a latecomer.)

Bailey, I'm not sure you would consider his presence to be so large that it outshines Lucy Liu. Then again, you might find that you like Jonny Lee Miller and Jon Michael Hall.

Thanks Miss Dee. I've seen several episodes now.  I'm pretty "meh" on the show, despite the fact that I do like both Jonny Lee Miller and Jon Michael Hall. (And Aidan, of course.) But the show's pretty formulaic and repetitive and is kind of waste of talented actors. And I don't know if its just me or not, but I always feel like Sherlock is rattling off lines of dialogue, explaining his observations and logic and that details some other show that I'm not watching. It's very weird.  

Quoting myself to apologize. I got lost in Aiden's pretty eyes. ;D Those eyes, that voice...

I'm just glad he's still in the show.  I hope he has some scenes with John Noble! That could be fun! 

(Practical Magic was my first Aiden Movie. I know, I'm a latecomer.)

Actionmage, funny you mention Practical Magic. I think its one of my least favorite movies that Aidan is in--(#1 being that Project Greenlight mess)--it's been awhile since I've seen it, but I just remember being very confused by what genre PM was aiming for.  Perhaps for a shot of dreaminess I should give it another go?

• Love 1